I focus on building a positive mindset and confidence while teaching students fundamental skills in English oral communication, vocabulary development, reading, and writing.
Individual needs assessments are conducted to create a specific learner profile, learning goals, and instructional plan.
Interactive, hands-on lessons provides step by step learning specific to each student's strengths and needs.
Regular feedback and progress reports wrap up each session.
I have been a certified elementary teacher in Ontario for over 25 years with experience in the regular classroom, special education, and ESL. I am a caring, thoughtful, and professional teacher who provides an experienced hand at the right time.
Tutoring is available one on one or in small groups.
I will come to you.
Additional travel fee only applies for sessions outside the limits of the City of London.
• 2013 Master of Education, University of Ottawa
• 1989 B.Ed. Primary/Junior Divisions, Nipissing University
• 1988 B.A. Sociology and Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University
• 2017 Special Education Part 2, ETFO
• 2006, Special Education Part 1, Lakehead University
• 2015 ESL Specialist, ESL Part 2, ESL Part 1, ETFO
• 2010 Writing Part 2, Writing Part 1, ETFO
• 2009 Differentiated Instruction For Today’s Classroom, ETFO
• 1994 Primary Specialist, Part 2, Part 1, University of Western Ontario
2011-2019 Ottawa-Carleton District School Board: Elementary Classroom Teacher, Special Education Learning Support Teacher, ESL Learning Support Teacher
1989-2011 Avon Maitland District School Board: Elementary Classroom Teacher
2013-Present Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario: Additional Qualifications Instructor, Literacy and ESL
2014 Wilfrid Laurier University: Part-Time Professor Bachelor of Education Primary/Junior Program, Language and Literacy
2013 University of Ottawa: Part-Time Professor Bachelor of Education Primary/Junior Program, Language and Literacy
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||Not available|