I'm a professional writer and storyteller facilitator who is available to provide one-one support to students in the areas of: Reading Comprehension, Writing, Artistic Storytelling and overall language development. The classes are suited to be interactive so as to engage students and stimulate their learning. Sessions can include anything from engaging language activities, live readings, games, and video presentations. Depending on the interests of the child, there can also be opportunities for students to develop their inner voice through the write-up of reflective piece and participation in other artistic development projects.
I am a journalism grad with a passionate desire for storytelling. I have close to 15 years experience writing stories for various publications and online sites, and now desire to extend my knowledge to students desiring to develop their language skills.
Please indicate the needs of your child prior to our first lesson so that I can accommodate the lessons accordingly. Books/supplies will be provided, unless you request specific materials. Any parent/tutor correspondence outside of the sessions will come at additional cost, unless initiated by the tutor.
I require that you give us at least three days notice by phone or email, if you need to cancel and/or reschedule a session. If no adequate notice is provided, I will not be able to provide a refund for the missed session.
I am a journalism graduate who now works as a professional writer and editor. My experience includes workshop facilitation, communications, tutoring, community outreach and activity coordination. Due to my strong background in storytelling in various capacities, I am confident that I can assist students in strengthening their use of language concepts and further improve their reading comprehension and writing skills.
1. Writing for Leadership
2. Communicating with Confidence
3. Writing and Storytelling for Youth
4. Elementary Basics of the English Language
5. Homework Assistance, Mentorship and Empowerment
6. Creative Writing
7. Developing the Inner Voice Through Language
9. The Art of Storytelling
10. Building up the Vocabulary
11. Essay Writing
12. Narrative, Opinion and Essay Writing
And more...Contact me to discuss specifics...
Speak the Words Communications
Children and Youth Storyteller Facilitator, Brampton, Ont. August 2018 - Present
• hosted children and youth storytelling workshops at shelters, private schools and youth drop-in
centres to empower youth and develop their creative expression through various mediums.
• prepared activity outlines and coordinated such activities for scheduled workshops.
• liased with individuals/organizations within the community to deliver workshop sessions at
multiple locations within GTA region.
Canadian Tamil Student Academy, Toronto, Ont. Oct 2014 - April 2015
• prepared weekly lessons in English for grade one, grade seven and eight students.
• corresponded with parents over children's progress in subject matter.
EQAO (Education, Quality and Accountability), Mississauga, Ont. April 2015/ April 2019
• assisted with scoring the grade 6, 9 and 10 exam booklets province-wide.
• sorted, scanned, reviewed and packaged grade 3, 6 , 9 and 10 exam booklets.
ESL Teacher’s Assistant,
ESL Open Learning Centre, York University, Toronto, Ont. March 2016
• assisted TA in grading final assignments and exams for the winter semester of ESL classes.
Youth Arts Associate,
Rapport Youth and Family Services, Brampton, ON June - August 2009
• promoted an arts festival in various community neighbourhoods.
• completed records pertaining to program activity and administration.
• worked with youth in developing art work that expressed messages of anti-violence.
• liaised with community groups in engaging youth to participate in the arts festival.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$24||$18|
|5 hours||Not available||$105||$90|
|10 hours||Not available||$210||$180|