- Hourly rate $55
- Response Time 2h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson is free!
Expert IELTS/TOEFL Instructor with 20 years of experience (British Council & Cambridge Certified), & Award-Winning College Professor with a PhD holds prep courses for IELTS 7+ & TOEFL 100+.
- at their home
- at your home
- By webcam
This tutor has passed all tests and is officially one of our best tutors. They proudly carries our values (...).
About the lesson
-If you need expert help achieving your desired IELTS/TOEFL score, then I am the right tutor for you. During my 20-year career as a(n) IELTS/TOEFL instructor and an English college professor, I have successfully tutored hundreds of students, helping them achieve 7.0+ in IELTS and 100+ (25 and over in each skill) in their TOEFL exam (for some of the latest results, see the reviews below).
- I will teach you the latest IELTS/TOEFL tips, tricks and strategies which will boost your exam performance in all four skills.
-Through my feedback, you will gain insight into the examiner's mode of thinking and the kinds of mistakes you are making that affect your score. As your mentor, I will continue to support you until you feel completely prepared to ace the test!
-At the start of our tutoring sessions, I will give you a customized course plan that can look like the following:
*** One-Week Crash Course (SP and WR scores of 7+/LIS and RE scores of 8+):
Ideal for IELTS candidates who need to boost their overall score by .5 to 1 point. Classes range from 2 to 4 hours a day depending on your needs and my availability.
*** Two-Week Intensive Prep (SP and WR scores of 7+/LIS and RE scores of 8+): Ideal for IELTS candidates who need to boost their overall score by 1 point. Classes range from 4 to 8 hours a week.
For TOEFL candidates, a customized course plan could look like the following:
***Two-Week Intensive Prep (RE: 25+, LIS: 25+, SP: 25+, WR: 25+):
Ideal for TOEFL candidates who need a boost of 5 points or less in one or more than one skill. Classes are typically 6 hours a week.
***One-Month TOEFL Prep (RE: 25+, LIS: 25+, SP: 25+, WR: 25+):
Ideal for TOEFL candidates who need a boost of 5 or more points in one or more than one skill. This option could also suit those who seek a semi-intensive course experience. Classes range from 2 to 6 hours a week.
-If you are an ESL learner who is not planning to take any English exams but would like to improve your English language proficiency, I have just the right plan for you! My custom-made lessons and my choice of innovative educational materials will help you improve your English in no time! Contact me for details.
- Writing comprehension - English
- Writing expression - English
- All Levels
***I have taught ESL and international examinations such as IELTS and TOEFL for more than 19 years in Canada, Europe and the Middle East. Currently, I am an ESL professor and a program coordinator at a reputable Canadian community college.
***I hold a PhD in Second Language Education from the University of Ottawa and have IELTS, TOEFL and English teaching certifications (e.g., CELTA) from the British Council, the ETS and the University of Cambridge.
***I have been a University of Cambridge certified English instructor and British Council certified IELTS instructor for several years in Canada, Europe and the Middle East.
***I have won multiple teaching and research awards as a professor and an instructor.
Perfect! Methodology, good practice
Perfect! I would like to say that Ethan is as professional as a tutor could be. He's always on time and always updates me if anything changes ahead of time. One of his main strengths is his passion for writing. He managed to improve my writing skills to a level I never thought it could go to. while Ethan is exceptionally good in writing, he's at the same level in reading too. I had some specific challenges with reading and he managed to pinpoint my issue and tackle it. I think Ethan is one of the very few IELTS prep tutors available that actually are worth what you pay for if not more. it has been a pleasure meeting Ethan online and learning from him. I wish him the best in his personal and career life.
Perfect! Ethan teacher is very detail-oriented, patient and student-focused. Having finished his first class, he made me understand more about IELTS, especially my writing skills. Very good teacher and I highly recommend him! Thanks!
Perfect! It was a valuable lesson to make me understand the structure of Ielts writing.
Perfect! Hello out there! I am Ethan's student for a couple months now, twice a week. He is extremely knowledgeable about the lessons, very helpful and organize. English is my second language so I struggled a lot especially in writing essays but with Ethan's help and strategies I was able to slowly gain confidence.
Excellent! Ethan was able to help me and boost my writing skills in a very short time! Thanks to him, I was able to score band 7 in the IELTS writing task
- See the response Ethan : Ivan contacted me a few days before his IELTS test. Through intensive prep sessions, he improved the organization and coherence of his paragraphs and learned to write much more effective IELTS essays. Congratulations on achieving an IELTS writing score of 7.0, Ivan!
Perfect! Ethan was very approachable, his accent and speech was so easy to understand.His lesson had a fun element to it :)
- See the response Ethan : Inelda and I worked on all four language skills (i.e., speaking, listening, reading and writing) through intensive sessions. She rapidly improved her language proficiency and completed her IELTS prep classes with me as well. Thanks to her efforts, she was able to make excellent progress and achieve her target score in her IELTS test. Congrats Inelda and all the best!
Perfect! I would like to share my experience taking classes with Ethan who helped me get my desired score in the writing skill. Before meeting him, I had taken the IELTS test 4 times and scored 6.5 in writing every single time. Shortly after starting my classes with Ethan, I learned about the areas I needed to improve and scored 7 in my first attempt. Ethan is so supportive and not only proficient in teaching English, but also in preparing his student’s mentality for a stressful exam such as IELTS.
- See the response Ethan : It was a pleasure working with Dr. Niloofar and helping her get her desired IELTS writing score. Seeing the coherent, well-organized paragraphs in her essays after a few weeks of intensive training, I was positive she was going to obtain a score of 7+. Congratulation on getting an IELTS score of 8.0, Niloofar! (SP: 8, WR: 7, RE: 8, LIS: 8.5)
Perfect! Ethan is a great English teacher and mentor, his classes are very dynamic and he always finds a new topic that is very engaging and making the lesson fun! I highly recommend Ethan to anyone that want to accelerate their English studies
- See the response Ethan : I have thoroughly enjoyed my classes with Evgeniy. His essays flow much better now as he has learned how to meaningfully connect his ideas in his paragraphs. I also really like his unique, real-life examples which are now well-developed and coherently written. Bravo, Evgeniy!
Perfect! Ethan is a professional, trustworthy teacher who had abundant teaching experiences in the IELTS test, he is also a scholar with a strong language education background who provides me valuable advice to explore my further research.
- See the response Ethan : Minhua improved her paragraph development and essay organization in the few classes that she had with me. I also enjoyed exchanging ideas about scholarly topics with her. I am confident she can obtain her desired IELTS score when she takes the test soon. Well done, Minhua!
Perfect! Learning with Ethan was a great experience especially learning different techniques of IELTS essay writing. He will point out your weaknesses, shows you how to fix your errors and teaches you the best strategies to write an awesome essay. I strongly recommend him to all other IELTS candidates!
- See the response Ethan : Shimeles significantly improved all aspects of his writing in his classes with me. His overall flow, development of ideas, connections between ideas, and essay organization considerably improved in the one month that he worked with me. I'm happy to report that he obtained his desired IELTS writing score in his first attempt. Congratulations on getting an IELTS score of 6.5, Shimeles!
Perfect! Ethan helps me to skyrocket my writing skills to the IELTS exam. It's one of weakness even in my native language, and now I feel confident about the quality of my essays. IELTS is tough but no impossible, especially when you are advised by an expert.
- See the response Ethan : Andres Felipe learned how to organize his ideas, clarify his arguments, provide relevant examples and address different viewpoints in his essays. By the end of our classes, the clarity and coherence of his essays significantly improved. Great job, Andres Felipe!
Perfect! I had his lessons for my LETS test was great and helpful. His logical and knowledgable lectures could help me understand the structure of writing topics and improve my writing skills. I definitely recommend everyone to take these lessons if someone need to prepare for any kind of exam. Thank you, Ethan.
- See the response Ethan : Yoshito significantly improved on his writing, reading and speaking skills in his classes with me. His essays flow much more smoothly, and his paragraph structure has become more logical. In reading, he has improved on the accuracy of his answers and can manage his time much more effectively. In speaking, his fluency and confidence levels have increased considerably. Overall, I'm very happy with the progress he has made in my classes. Great job, Yoshito!
Perfect! Very detailed analyzing and supportive explaining on my writing.
Perfect! It was a great experience being taught by Ethan. He knows exactly what you need to reach the IELTS score you need. During the two weeks that we had classes, my essay writing improved quickly and I felt completely prepared for my test. I strongly recommend him to other IELTS candidates.
Perfect! I am currently taking English lessons over Skype with Ethan. He is helping me to prepare for IELTS test. At first I didn't like the idea of doing online lessons, but Ethan makes every lesson very interesting and easy. I am very happy I chose Ethan, he is very knowledgeable and patient and ethical. We have been studying together for over a month and I notice how my English is improving.
I highly recommend Ethan.
Perfect! Ethan has insightful knowledge of the criteria of targeted band score, in my case IELTS writing 7. After having online lessons, I improved in Task Response a lot and have good understanding about how to quickly structure my essay according to different IETLS question types. Ethan is professional and has a clear lesson progression in his classes. Each session, I learned ways to respond one type of essay questions and new techniques and understand what techniques are better for what question type. Ethan can adjust his lesson to my pace, and personlise each session based on what I asked for in the beginning. The feedback he provided on my practice essays helped me improve how to present arguments and ideas logically, and make sure main point is well supported. I have got desirable writing score 7.5! Ethan is inspiring, encouraging, and also has a good sense of humour. Ethan is also good at using technology to share screens, which make online lesson easier to follow. Thank you for your support and coaching!
Perfect! Ethan exceeded all of my expectations. I was a bit septic about starting classes online, but he makes the best use of time and technology to make lessons productive and efficient. Ethan also personalizes his work by analyzing your goals and checking what your strengths and weaknesses are and working on them throughout the time limit you set to yourself. These strategies make learning with him a meaningful experience. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking to improve their English skills or passing an English test.
Perfect! Ethan helped me improve my essay writing and prepare for my IELTS test. Thanks to him, I became aware of my mistakes and I learned how to use my strengths to my advantage. I totally recommend him to other IELTS students
Perfect! It was a pleasant experience to be taught by Ethan. He helped me a lot with my test. I totally recommend him if you struggle with IELTS or need to improve your English.
Perfect! You cannot go wrong in choosing Ethan as your instructor! He is an amazing teacher who can effectively identify your weaknesses in different section of the IELTS/TOFEL tests and patiently help you to resolve those. I consider myself very fortunate to have had the opportunity to receive a number of valuable lessons on how to improve my writing and reading to receive a band 7 in IELTS Academic module.
Perfect! I took IELTS classes with Ethan for two weeks and I must say he is a great teacher. He made me familiar with different essay types and taught me several strategies to improve the quality of my essays. I highly recommend him to everyone who wants to improve their IELTS score in a short period of time.
Perfect! Ethan is a great teacher. He knows exactly what you need to improve. He did a lot of practice with my TOEFL Speaking. He pointed out my weakness immediately and helped me improve the weak part. He kept encouraging me and told me I can make it. Yes, I did it. I really appreciate all his kind help and encouragement. Hope Ethan have more students and enjoy his teaching!
Perfect! Great experience! Ethan accepted my lesson request on a very short notice, helped me to improve my essay writing skills, which made me feel prepared for my IELTS test.
- See the response Ethan : Bogdan contacted me a week before his exam. We intensively examined all of the IELTS essay structures and worked on his idea development. The outcome was amazing! Congratulations on achieving an overall IELTS score of 8.0 (Sp: 8.5, Re: 7, Lis: 8, Wr: 7), Bogdan! Great job!
Perfect! Ethan is a brilliant teacher who uses his tremendous strategies and excellent teaching capabilities to help his students score high marks in their exams. He has helped me in scoring 28/30 in both speaking and writing sections and achieve a target score of 100+ in the TOEFL exam. This, in turn, allowed me to apply to several dental universities that seemed arduous before I met him. I am fortunate to have found Ethan as my TOEFL tutor and a great reliable friend. I would recommend him to all those who plan on writing their TOEFL or ILETS exams because I know he will try his best to help you achieve the score you have been aiming for but have not been able to achieve.
- See the response Ethan : When I first met Muhammad, he was very frustrated and confused with the results of his previous two TOEFL tests. Through an intensive plan that covered all four skills, we, firstly, transformed his essay organization and paragraph structure. We, then, did some listening and reading strategy training and addressed the mistakes he was making when answering the questions in these two sections. Finally, we practiced academic speaking strategies, which he very effectively applied to his answers during our speaking practice sessions. Congratulations on scoring 100+ (28 for SP and WR) in your TOEFL test, Muhammad! Very well-deserved!
Perfect! I had difficulty in the writing part of the IELTS test. After taking private classes from Ethan, my paragraph structures, supporting ideas and organizational skills have improved dramatically. I feel more confident in my writing skills and my essays now look so professional, concise and comprehensible. I highly recommend him for those who are willing to improve their writing skills to the next level.
- See the response Ethan : It's been a pleasure working with Dr. Habiba, and I'm happy to report that her essay writing has improved significantly after only 5 sessions. Her strength to me as her IELTS tutor is the quality of her sentence structure which enabled me to focus specifically on improving her method of support for her main points in each paragraph. Subsequently, working on her essay organization was a very smooth process. I'm very optimistic about her IELTS test results once the IELTS centres re-open. Good luck with your IELTS test, Dr. Habiba!
Perfect! I must say he is definitely the best IELS teacher you could find in Toronto. I at first planned to have some face to face classes with him, but due to the epidemic, I was trapped in china so we decided to have some online classes through skype. To be honest, I wasn't expect too much since I don't trust online courses. However, after have taken 11 private writing classes with him, now I can see a huge improvement in my writing. I must say he knows what he is doing and always trys to make it better. He can easily find mistakes in my writing and pinpoint it accurately. In one word, he deserves his price and if you want to get a quick improve, please take no hesitation and contact him immediately.
- See the response Ethan : Lambert is one of the most resilient and hard-working students I have worked with. Once we were done with his essay structure, we realized we needed to continue improving his sentence structure. This does not come easily and requires a lot of time and effort. He wrote a good number of essays himself. We also wrote together in class, specifically targeting his sentence structure mistakes and his ways of supporting his main points. After much hard work, we realize we have come a long way since our first session! Great job, Lambert and good luck with your IELTS test!
Perfect! Ethan is a very professional and responsible instructor. He helped me with improving IELTS writing skill and provided me with all the useful feedback. I enjoyed taking his classes and have gained more confidence with my writing skill. I would definitely recommend his class to anyone who is struggling with IELTS.
- See the response Ethan : Jasmine is a very creative writer. What I enjoyed most about her essays was the fact that she combined the writing techniques I taught her in class with her creative writing style to produce amazing essays! Great job, Jasmine!
Perfect! I had a class with Ethan for two months and I progressed a lot in my essay writing and speaking. The essays that I write now are more organized and have less errors. In speaking, I talk with more confidence and more fluently. I recommend him to anyone who wants to improve his/her English.
- See the response Ethan : Niloofar was able to improve not only her essay structure and paragraph organization, but also her sentence structure in our classes. We wrote a good number of essays together and at the end, we noticed a huge difference in her quality of support for her main points in each paragraph. Well done, Niloofar!
Perfect! My learning experience with Ethan has been excellent. He is a vastly knowledgeable, organized and dedicated teacher, his techniques and attention to detail are second to none. I connected with Ethan hoping to improve my writing score in the IELTS exam. After only a few classes, I feel that the quality of my essays has improved significantly, I have become familiar with the various essay types and learned several strategies to structure my essays better. I highly recommend him to everyone who wants to improve in English.
- See the response Ethan : As Anmolpreet and I approach the end of our sessions, it brings me great joy to read his essays. He now writes well-structured and well-organized essays with relevant, fully extended and well-supported ideas expressed throughout. There is no doubt in my mind that he can get a score of 7 and above in his writing once the IELTS test centres open. Good luck, Anmolpreet!
Perfect! As an educator, I admire his attitude and techniques. Throughout our online classes, Ethan has made essay structure and language clear and has certainly improved my overall essay writing and understanding of different topics in good detail. He is knowledgeable and his recommendations were really helpful for my progress.
- See the response Ethan : Romina's writing style is sophisticated which makes her sound creative and sharp-minded. What we had to do during our sessions was to improve her overall essay structure and paragraph organization. We also worked on resolving her lexical ambiguity which led to improved sentence structure in her writing. I really enjoy reading her essays now! Great job, Romina!
Perfect! Ethan leads interesting and helpful lessons and I have learned something new every time. He has helped me with my general language, while helping to improve my IELTS exam techniques. We have had a variety of lessons to practise IELTS techniques to ensure I used the correct language. Particularly, my weaknesses were improved including writing and reading skills. Most of our classes were online which worked very smoothly for me as well.
- See the response Ethan : The challenge Leila and I had was improving her general English language proficiency while practicing the use of IELTS techniques and strategies. In the past couple of months, through intensive online sessions, her general English has improved significantly. Her writing has become better organized and her grammatical accuracy has increased dramatically. I am very optimistic about her future IELTS exam results. Good luck, Leila!
Perfect! No comparison. Ethan taught me writing and speaking for ielts. Firstly, I learned how differently I should write an essay according to the types of the question. He explained it so clearly with model essays that I could understand perfectly. Secondly, I learned how to improve my speaking. He analysed my speaking, figured out the weak points and gave me some tips. I am sure that I will get a higher score because now I know what my problems are and I am practicing efficiently. In addition, we used Skype because we live in different cities. In my opinion, the online lesson was awesome because of screen sharing and chatting. With the help of those functions, I could see what and how he was correcting, which was effective and time-saving. Even though I cannot take the exam due to the outbreak of the corona virus, I feel prepared and confident. I will mark 7.0 or higher in those two areas. Thank you, Ethan.
- See the response Ethan : Thinking about Simon's progress in our 20 hours of online classes brings me joy! Firstly, all elements of his essay writing improved, including his sentence structure, paragraph organization and essay structure. I, in particular, lauded his usage of excellent examples to fully support his main ideas. His speaking also became significantly more fluent and coherent by the end of our classes. I very much look forward to hearing about his IELTS exam results once the test centres open. Good luck, Simon!
Perfect! Ethan is a great teacher; I scheduled six sessions with him to get the score I need for immigration. I need 8877 and eventually I got 9 8.5 7.5 7.5. At the first Ethan helped me to improve my writing from 6.5 to 7.5 and taught me speaking techniques as well. I took 4 exams in total and all of them were better than what I had at the first time. Ethan is very diligent and warm-hearted, he always respond to my questions on a timely manner and even help me to making a customized plan to enhance my weakness. I strongly recommend him.
- See the response Ethan : I have seldom seen a learner achieve Richard's brilliant IELTS scores during my career! In our writing classes, we worked on his overall essay structure while focusing on techniques that could help him get a higher writing score. He meticulously analyzed his mistakes and ensured that his sentence and paragraph structure improved every time. For his speaking, we practiced strategies that helped him improve his coherence and the organization of his ideas. Congratulations on getting an IELTS score of 8.5 (Lis: 8.5, Re: 9, Wr: 7.5, Sp: 7.5)! Amazing!
Perfect! My experience with Ethan has been an incredible one. He has enabled me to write to the point while eliminating any impertinent content from my essays writing style both independent and integrated. Which has polished my writing skills to an extent that not only I, but others can also see a night and day difference in my essays. Furthermore, he has pointed out mistakes in other sections of the Toefl that I was oblivious to, thus, allowing me to correct those mistakes to score higher marks in TOEFL.
The most convenient sessions I personally prefered with Ethan were the ones over the skype video calls. Since we have to abide by the law and stay under quarantine, nothing can be better than skype TOEFL learning with Ethan.
Perfect! I’ve had classes with Ethan for 2 months and I should say that he is one of the best teachers I’ve ever seen. During classes, my speaking and vocabulary have progressed tremendously because Ethan has a very special and entertaining approach to teach these two skills. Also, my self confidence has increased compared to before when I am talking now.
Ethan has also implemented an organized plan to improve my listening skill. During classes, we listened to academic and entertaining topics and discussed them together. I recommend him to whoever wants to improve his/her listening, speaking and vocabulary skills.
- See the response Ethan : Observing Neda's rapid improvement of her English skills has been a joy. We used the latest edition of the academic pathways series (advanced level) in her classes that enabled us to explore engaging topics while explicitly focusing on strategies that helped her improve her listening and speaking skills. More specifically, her listening comprehension has become significantly stronger and her speaking has become more fluent and coherent as a result of our strategy training! Excellent job, Neda!
Perfect! I met Ethan a couple of weeks ago through superprof when I was in search of finding an IELTS tutor. I can clearly state that he has outstanding teaching skills, his strategies in both writing and speaking are clear and to the point. You never waste your time with him. He is well organized and just as passionate as you are!
Since I had a limited time to sit the exam, Ethan scheduled an intensive program for me. Nothing more, nothing less. Just what suits me the best. In ten 10 with his great support and tips, I managed to understand the tricks of IELTS writing and speaking. That's why I can wholeheartedly suggest him to anyone who is challenging IELTS exam.
- See the response Ethan : Working with Gulperay was an absolute pleasure. She is a sharp learner who never failed to surprise me at how well she applied IELTS strategies to her work. We had two weeks of intensive classes during which she made excellent progress with her writing and speaking skills. I very much enjoyed reading her essays and was impressed with how well she showcased her English when answering questions in the speaking section. Congratulations on getting an IELTS score of 7.5, Gulperay!
Perfect! I have had ESL classes with Ethan for the past month and I had a great experience in the class. I feel I made good progress in both my speaking and writing skills. I highly recommend him to other students.
- See the response Ethan : Mary has worked hard to improve her essay writing, her knowledge of English grammar and her speaking skills. With her rapid pace of learning, I am hopeful she will make even greater progress in the weeks to come. Great job so far, Mary!
Perfect! Ethan is one of the best IELTS teacher I met in GTA area, after five classes I had some huge improvement on my writing techniques and essay coherence, I highly recommend him to who really want to improve their IELTS scores.
- See the response Ethan : Zirui significantly improved his writing skills during his classes with me. His essays became well-organized, well-structured and coherent by the end of our classes. Well done, Zirui!
Perfect! I needed to pass IELTS General exam for immigration. After 2 unsuccessful attempts, I've got 6.0 in writing while my goal was to get 7 or above. When I started taking lessons with Ethan,I learned a lot about different kinds of essays as well as essay structures. I really enjoyed Ethan's teaching style because he knows everything about the writing section of the exam and always pays close attention to details to make sure that I understand every hard part. After our lessons, the structure and quality of my essays has improved dramatically and now I feel confident taking my next test.
- See the response Ethan : When Kirill came to me, he had already taken IELTS twice and was disappointed with the results. However, the progress he made during his classes with me was nothing short of remarkable! Every element of his writing improved including his handwriting, sentence structure, paragraph structure and essay structure. Congratulations on getting a score of 7.5 in your IELTS test, Kirill!
Perfect! Perfect! I met him when I was frustrated and had a very limited time to prepare for a high score.I am lucky to find such a qualified expert in IELTS. My score increased from overall 7 (listening 8.5, reading 6.5, writing 6, speaking 6.5) to overall 8 (listening 8.5, reading 8.5, writing 7, speaking 7) after one week intensive period of training. The classses were productive, motivating and enjoyable.I am thankful for the help to achieve my goal. I would definitely recommend this teacher!
- See the response Ethan : It has been an absolute pleasure working with Dr. Arzu. We had 1 week of intensive classes during which time we went over IELTS techniques and strategies in each section of the test for each skill (except listening). She very effectively used those techniques to improve her work and/or increase the accuracy of her answers. I particularly enjoyed reading her essays by the end of our classes. Congratulations on your well-deserved success in the test, Dr. Arzu!
Perfect! Ethan has a very strategic methodology and showed his professionalism in teaching IELTS. I improved very quickly after went through four lessons with him
- See the response Ethan : Richard is a fast learner and is very detail-oriented. His incredible learning speed enabled us to make very fast progress during our classes. I was very much impressed with his essays which were rich with vocabulary and contained a good range of grammatical structures. Great job, Richard!
Perfect! I took a private TOEFL class with Ethan. He helped me in writing and speaking skills. I was nervous about my speaking ,but now I am more confident. He explained everything for me and answered all of my questions during the sessions. He is very professional and I highly recommend him.
- See the response Ethan : Sarah significantly improved her speaking and writing skills during her classes with me. In her writing classes, she found a creative way of using the writing structures she was taught in her essays. In the speaking section, she improved the fluency and coherence of her talk during the allocated test time. She got 24 for her writing (IELTS equivalent of 7) and 21 for her speaking (IELTS equivalent of 6.5) in her TOEFL test. Congratulations Sarah!
Perfect! I had classes with Ethan for a month and during this time, he taught me effective strategies on how to achieve my ideal IELTS score. His insight and knowledge about the IELTS exam is amazing and he directs you towards your desired IELTS score.
Now I can apply for my immigration with these scores:
Writing and reading: 7
Thank you so much Ethan!
- See the response Ethan : Paris is a very smart, motivated and hard-working student. During her classes, she made rapid progress in terms of understanding what the test requirements are in each section and what strategies to employ to reach the best outcome. I'm very happy that she got the exam scores that she wanted. Way to go Paris!
Excellent! My experiance with the professor Ethan went very well. He helped me how to write academic essays, thank to him I can say that I improved my English. Thank you again professor Ethan!
- See the response Ethan : Antonio is a smart and a very quick learner. In our writing classes, he learnt how to write academic essays with well-organized paragraphs. He also learnt how to use appropriate linking devices to improve the coherence of his writing. In our reading classes, he successfully applied a number of academic reading strategies in order to answer reading comprehension questions. Overall, I am very happy with the progress he made during his classes with me.
Perfect! I have been taking classes with Ethan for a month now and my IELTS skills have improved significantly during this time. The content of each section of the test has become very clear since Ethan takes the time to explain everything in detail. I feel more confident after taking private lessons with Ethan. He is very professional and He always answers all my questions. I highly recommend Ethan to other students.
- See the response Ethan : Things are going really well. So far, we have worked on her essay writing skills. She writes very strong essays, and we are hoping she could get a writing score of 7-7.5 in her IELTS exam. We will start working on her other skills very soon. I'm very optimistic about her final IELTS exam results.
View more reviews
It has been an absolute delight to learn from Ethan. He teaches methodologically, identifies the key problems a student has, gives numerous suggestions to rectify those mistakes and always encourages the student to stay realistically positive.
Ethan has supported me in an empathetic manner, has understood my frustrations and dealt with it with patience. He made sure he made himself available even though we had a 15 hours time difference. He responds actively and is always linked for classes in time.
I will recommend him to all people who are struggling with IELTS writing tasks. Thank you Ethan.
The friendly atmosphere during our class sessions helped me to feel comfortable asking all my questions. Ethan’s teaching style encouraged me to practice and keep motivated about learning. Also, his time management helped me to achieve the level of proficiency I needed in a limited time that I had.
I heard Ethan from my friend who successfully passed IELTS writing at band 7. I had several sessions with Ethan to cover all different types of structures in IELTS. Ethan is very patient and knowledgeable, I know much better how to write different topics than before. I highly recommend Ethan to anyone wants improvement in writing skills, you will not regret!
Like most non-native English speakers, I learned English through conversation, movies and songs, but I didn't realize the importance of studying the language academically until I landed in Canada. Fortunately, I met professor Ethan who was a source of inspiration and encouragement. He spent so much time and effort to ensure that my academic writing improved. I became familiar with different essay styles, and I learnt several important writing techniques and strategies. I also learned how to make my sentences more academic which is an important skill in Canada. I thank him from the bottom of my heart.
Ethan taught me different reading and writing techniques. As a result, the quality of my essays improved. I also loved how he related the lessons to real-life topics. This made it easier to achieve my desired score in my test.
Ethan is definitely the best teacher you could find. I got a 6.5 for my writing on my first IELT test before the class. Then I found him and took about 10 courses with him. The second time I got a 7.5. A huge improvement! Give him a chance and he will never let you down.
I was lucky to get IELTS lessons from Ethan. He showed me how to improve the style and coherence of my essays. I feel much more confident with essay writing after our classes. I recommend him to other IELTS candidates.
Ethan is one of the best IELTS teachers I have ever seen. After just a few classes, my essays improved significantly with Ethan’s organized plan. He always gave me great feedback on each part and I have learnt from my mistakes. I definitely recommend him!
I took private Grade 12 English lessons from July 2019 to December 2019 with Ethan. My lessons were very productive as Ethan is professional and helped me improve my English and my knowledge of English literature. My final grade was an amazing 88%.
Ethan is a great teacher who motivates you to get good results in your IELTS test. Thanks to him, every part of the test became clear to me. He also encouraged me to believe in my abilities and to have the confidence to do well in the speaking section. I got these results in my IELTS test. Thanks a million Ethan!
Speaking: 7.5, Writing: 7, Reading: 8, Listening: 7
Ethan is a talented and gifted person who delivers information in a way that is very easy to connect with and understand. He is currently teaching me Grade 12 English which I am taking online. Despite the difficulty of the course mentioned, he keeps encouraging me to go ahead. He deserves all the respect and appreciation because he is my best teacher ever. My progress in English till now has been because of him.
I took IELTS lessons from Ethan for 2 months and I can definitely say that he helped me by improving my writing and speaking skills. He has a good knowledge in IELTS technics, he gives very good recommendations and feedbacks that increases one's ability in English. My final results from IELTS are Listening - 9, Reading - 9, Speaking 7.5 and Writing 7.
Ethan is a really great teacher!
I had a chance to get tutoring for IELTS from Ethan and he is one of the best teacher I have ever seen. He loves his job and you can understand that teaching is his passion and this makes him a great teacher. He always ensures that the student understood even he has to repeat a couple of times. I have never felt stressed with him and enjoyed our lessons.
Thanks to him I was successfull in IELTS.
Ethan is an amazing teacher. He motivates you, he encourages you and he leads you to achieve your goal. I highly recommend him as to put is simply, he knows what he is doing and he knows all your strengths and your weaknesses.
I had all my 4 skills with him, and it was a great experience as during my classes I learnt how to write finally (lol), how to effectively read a passage in a timely manner, how to focus and concentrate on a subject in my speaking test, and how to listen and find the key words for my listening exam. Here are my IELTS scores:
Speaking: 7, Listening: 8.5, Reading: 8.5, Writing: 7.5. Overall: 8
View more recommendations
- 5 h: $275
- 10 h: $550
- $ 55/h
Find out more about Ethan
When and why did you develop an interest in your chosen field?
When I was six years old, my family and I moved to the U.K., and as a result, I naturally picked up English in school. This experience made me interested in the process of Second Language Acquisition later on in my life. When learning a second language, your whole person is involved; various regions of the brain, a wide range of emotions, your motivation, and a whole host of socio-cultural factors are at work that lead to the mastery of a second language.
What makes you passionate about your subject?
IELTS opens doors, creates opportunities and helps newcomers successfully integrate into the Canadian society. IELTS also enables international students to function effectively in their future college or university programs. It is beautiful to play a small role in the future success of new Canadians.
What do you like about tutoring? What makes you a "Superprof"?
The fact that I can help make positive change in my students' lives makes me very passionate about tutoring. Seeing my students' success is the most rewarding aspect of my job. I think my qualifications and experience are an essential part of being a "Superprof", but more importantly, my positive attitude toward teaching and my dedication to student success make me a real "Superprof"!
Do you have any role models; a teacher that inspired you?
When I was doing my master's, my psychology professor's passion for the subject matter, his curiosity for learning and his care for his students really rubbed off on me. I think these are important qualities that a teacher needs to possess to be effective in their role.
What are your keys to success?
Being open to new experiences, having a clear vision of the future and persevering in the face of hardship.