I know that the IELTS can be overwhelming to a lot of people because of the many types of questions and the different skills needed. For that reason, I like to break down difficult texts into manageable pieces and help learners understand each type of question separately. After that, students became more comfortable with longer texts and well familiar with the types of questions. Also, the skills like skimming, scanning, and time management will be integrated in the lessons.
I have over 7 years of experience teaching all levels of English. I taught ESL from beginners to advanced learners. Also, I taught TOEFL and gave writing classes, and I taught advanced grammar and literature to international students. I am privately teaching IELTS to newcomers to Canada.
My teaching journey along with my education have helped me understand language acquisition and implement various teaching strategies that meet learners needs. By accommodating student needs, I am confident in helping my students excel and achieve.
I am a certified IELTS teacher and a highly energetic and enthusiastic ESL teacher possessing a B.A. in English Language and Literature from Yarmouk University in Jordan which was evaluated as equivalent to a B.A from the University of Toronto. In addition, I have obtained the TESOL certificate from the University of Toronto in 2003 and am now a member of TESL Ontario association.
Related Work Experience
1. K12 Building blocks Aurora, Ontario
English Language Tutor January 2020- present
2. Bayview Secondary School Richmond hill, Ontario
Volunteer ESL Instructor December 2018- June 2019
• Assist the instructor with student assessment.
• Assist the instructor with teaching as this is a multi-level class.
3. Canadian Creative Center Jeddah – Saudi Arabia
ESL Instructor April 2014-July 2018
• Teaching ESL at various levels
• Teaching TOEFL to university students
• Teaching writing for academic purposes
4. NESCOT College of Excellence Jeddah- Saudi Arabia
ESL Instructor February 2014- July 2014
• Teaching, planning and preparing ESL lessons for employability
• Preparing students for KET and PET Cambridge exam
5. Princess Nora University Riyadh-Saudi Arabia
ESL Instructor September 2013 – February 2014
• Teaching, planning and preparing ESL lessons for university students.
6. Manarat Al Riyadh International School Riyadh- Saudi Arabia
English Teacher October 2010 – June 2013
• Teaching English Language and Literature to grades 4, 5, 7, and 8
• Teaching English grammar and PSAT to grade 9.
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of English classes.
• Planning, preparing and delivering a number of interactive e- lessons.
• Conducting up to 6 classes in one day.
• Preparing exams and quizzes.
7. Toronto District School Board Toronto – Canada
ESL intern student 2002 - 2003
• As part of the practicum course, I taught ESL in multicultural, multilevel classes with the Toronto District school board and the Catholic District school board.
I have around seven years of experience teaching English in Saudi Arabia. My professional education and teaching experience abroad have helped me in understanding language acquisition and applying the most effective teaching strategies making language learning easy and enjoyable. I have also incorporated technology in my lessons using the smart board and conducted workshops to train teachers how to use it effectively in class.
~ Patient ~ Trustworthy
~ Compassionate ~ Committed
Teacher Hanan taught IELTS General. The reading was very difficult for me but Hanan helped me understand the questions and how to answer them on time. Now I can understand many articles even outside the IELTS exam. She is very patient and nice. She has many fun ways of teaching. I strongly recommend her because she will make sure that the student understands.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest listening comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking PET lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|