My teaching methods are quite flexible. I use different strategies according to the learning style of my students. We can do various activities such as free oral expression, discussion with visual aids, use of web-based exercises with self-check and giving different examples to understand the lesson better. I can certainly incorporate fun in learning to encourage active participation and enjoy the lesson.
I am a Filipino Canadian tutor with a degree in Psychology. I have been giving private lessons to students ages 2 and over 60 years old since 1995. I have helped thousands of individuals to achieve their learning goals. Coping with academic subjects is a challenge to some, but with proper guidance, diligence and constant practice, together, we can make a positive difference in your learning experience.
One hour lesson at MY HOUSE is CAD$20/hour.
Package of 5 hours will cost CAD$90.
Package of 10 hours will cost CAD$175.
One hour lesson at the STUDENT'S HOUSE within OSHAWA or WHITBY is CAD$25/hour + travel fee of $15.
Package of 5 hours will cost CAD$115 + travel fee of CAD$65.
Package of 10 hours will cost CAD$175 + travel fee of CAD$120.
One hour lesson ONLINE with webcam is CAD$15.
Package of 5 hours will cost CAD$65.
Package of 10 hours will cost CAD$120.
DELIA “Ms. Del” MANDAP
Professional teacher with over twenty years of experience is seeking position within your school
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 20+ years of combined classroom and individualized teaching experience (Montessori preschool, English Language Arts, Reading), 7 years of which was dedicated to teaching English and Filipino (Tagalog) communication skills (pre-reading and pre-writing skills, vocabulary enrichment, conversation fluency, grammar review, intensive pronunciation, oral presentation skills, business writing) to learners between 2 to 59 years old
• Experience in creating a wide variety of assessment and evaluation tools including, rubrics, observation checklists, peer evaluations, self-assessments, student-teacher conferences
• customize lessons to suit students’ learning style and capabilities
• prepare students for job and immigration interviews
• Graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Psychology, a key factor in the better understanding of students’ behavior and attitude
• Earned units in preschool and elementary education and M. A. Units in English Language Teaching
• Acquired professional teacher’s license in 2000 and passed IELTS Academic with overall band score of 7.0 in October 2014 and 8.0 in April 2017
Online English Teacher 2015 - present
(TalkEnglish International, 51 Talk China, Antoree Vietnam, Cafetalk Japan, Freelance)
• Conduct online lessons using free oral expression, reading, listening, writing exercises, introduction of idiomatic expressions and conversation topics
English Instructor (Tagalog Instructor to non-Filipinos) 2008 - 2014
Development of English Learners School (D.E.L.’S.), Philippines
• Improved English and Tagalog communication skills of students ages 2-59 through individualized communicative task-based lessons
• Created assessments and evaluation tools including diagnostic testing, impromptu oral exam, observation checklists
• Successfully assisted students in their preparation for IELTS general and academic exams through intensive grammar/speaking/reading/writing/listening activities
• Prepared students for employment through CV critiques and practicing behavioural interview question
• Provided personalized Tagalog lessons to students and professionals who work in a Filipino-dominated work environment
Corporate Training: Enhancement of English Communication Skills Nov. 3 & 4, 2014
• Conducted English proficiency training to accounting professionals of Maceda Valencia & Co. Accounting Firm through dynamic group activities geared towards improving English fluency through communicative lessons
English Language Teacher 1986 - 2003
International School Manila / La Salle Green Hills / Saint Scholastica’s College
- Supply teacher from ECE to 5th graders for Reading and Language, Math, Science and cultural arts
- taught English Language Arts to 4th grade girls in St. Scholastica’s College of Manila; assisted stage play director in preparing students for acting and speaking parts in the show, Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
- Taught Reading in 2nd grade boys in La Salle Green Hills; implemented DEAR time (Drop Everything and Read)
- Supervised classroom activities geared towards developing effective English communication skills by implementing grammar rules, role playing, free oral expression, elocution, etc. at Queen Mary Learning Center, Casa de Bambini Montessori School, Casa Montessori Internationale & OB Montessori Center, Inc.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
• Customer Service Representative at Concentrix, Oshawa from February 2018 – October 2019 and Teleperformance, Toronto from Nov. 2016 – January 2017
• Brand Experience Ambassador with MOSAIC from Sept. 2016 to Feb. 2018
• Home service tutorial to Canadian students through CLUB Z from August 2016 to October 2017
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• NINER IELTS Review Center/British Council Online
IELTS ACADEMIC: 8.0 Overall Band Score (April 29, 2017 exam date)
IELTS ACADEMIC: 7.0 Overall Band Score (October 2, 2014 exam date)
• SpeechPower (1995 to 2010)
Short courses in English Conversation Fluency, Intensive Grammar Review,
Intensive Pronunciation, Oral Presentation Skills, Vocabulary Enrichment
• Cora Doloroso Career Center (1987)
Computer-Secretarial and courses in Office Procedure and Business Writing
• Philippine Normal University & Arellano University 1986 - 2002
Pre-school and Elementary Education /
M.A. units in English Language Teaching
• St. Paul College of Manila, Philippines March 20, 1986
Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology
Ms Del is one of the best teachers that I ever had. Aside from the english classes that I attended ever since I was a kid (probably I started when I was 10 years old) she had taught me so many great things.
Her teaching style can help to develop someone's confidence, not only in speaking and writing in English spontaneously, but someone's personality as a whole. Also, I learned to interact with people, be friends with people in my nicest way. Lastly, I learned to be humble. For example, if I see or hear people speaks hardly in English, I do not judge them yet I help them to build their thoughts.
With that, I truly say that having Ms Del as my "teacher and my aunt in one" is such a great honor. I really feel blessed that she had the time to teach me.
Hello everyone, if you are looking for a teacher who teaches Tagalog or even the English language, I have a friend of mine who is willing to help you to learn, I would definitely recommend you to her, she is very good at teaching, I actually one of her learner and also, my son before I go to the states and I learned a lot from her, I really admired her a bunch too.
Ms. Del would make a great teacher because she has this one-of-a-kind teaching style that everybody loves. She makes all lessons, no matter how difficult it is, easy to understand. She is also very patient to her students. I've been her students since I was in 3rd grade (I am now in 2nd year college) and for the past years, and with all the teachers I have met in my formal education, Ms. Del's teaching style is still the best for me. When Ms. Del is your teacher, rest assured that you will learn in no time.
Thank you for being inspiring teacher, tutor for me and to my friends,
I Ms. Del Mandap because of....
Love for kids, love for subject willing to help, enthusiasm, work ethic, humility thats it
Teacher Del is my mother. Growing up, i've seen her excellence in teaching students in different levels, professions and nationalities. Her decades of experience made positive impact on her students' lives.
Ms Delia , my teacher and mentor, has provided me excellent English lessons and training. With her help, I was able to harness my public speaking skills which gained me confidence. Her teaching style is superb . Her lessons has become a part of me and it surely helped me excel in my chosen field. ️
Ms. Delia is a very great, knowledgable, understandable, passionate, intelligent, and creative teacher that I met. I can say that she’s the best english teacher in the whole world. I like her style in teaching. She doesn’t give up until a student or a professional understands all his home works, questions, lessons in school or at work. She is the best teacher that can help you boost your self confidence and be more comfortable in communicating in english. She’s not just a teacher to her student. She can be a good friend, best friend, aunt, or mom too. I can say that all of us that became student of Ms. Del, have a great connection with her. We really love Ms. Del.
Teacher Del was my tutor in English And Math. She was a key factor in helping me become confident in reading and speaking. Teacher Del also is kind and understanding.
Teacher Del was my children's tutor for several years when she still had DEVELOPMENT OF ENGLISH LEARNERS SCHOOL (D.E.L.'S.) in Manila, Philippines. She taught my first-born twins, MARK and VHEA (now almost 18 years old) and my 3rd child TRIZ, (now 11) in all academic subjects from 2nd to 4th grade. She also tutored my youngest child, BERNICE. Thanks to Teacher Del's patience and close supervision, Bernice learned to read, spell words and write legibly even before she was 4 years old. All my children are doing well in school because they had solid foundation and study discipline they learned from Teacher Del. Leading my children to boost their confidence and actively participate in school.
Highly recommended! I've been her student and I always look forward attending her classes. Her style of teaching is unique, enjoyable and have plenty of things to learn from her! I also observed her how she teaches other age groups as she seems enjoying what she's doing. She is compassionate, lively, patient and has a lovely voice too! She is knowledgeable and confident. She always brings out the best of every student!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking grammar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|