My teaching methods are quite flexible as I use different strategies.
As my student, whether you are a fast learner or you need a more detailed instruction, you will enjoy various activities such as free oral expression, word challenge, number challenge and other fun educational games meant to enjoy the lesson. I am quite patient and energetic when it comes to activities with my students. You will get to explore web-based exercises with self-check, as well realistic situations you can identify with. If you have any questions or need more examples to better understand the lesson, I can certainly provide you with more practical and familiar scenarios. In every lesson, you will realize that indeed, THERE IS FUN IN LEARNING WITH MS. DEL! :)
Delia is one of our best tutors. High-quality profile and excellent qualifications, organised and responsive to lesson requests, appreciated by their students!
I am a Filipino Canadian tutor with a degree in Psychology. I have been giving private lessons to students ages 2 and over 60 years old since 1995. I have helped thousands of individuals to achieve their learning goals. Coping with academic subjects is a challenge to some, but with proper guidance, diligence and constant practice, together, we can make a positive difference in your learning experience.
One hour lesson ONLINE with webcam is $25.00.
Package of 5 hours will cost $115.00.
Package of 10 hours will cost $220.00.
One hour lesson AT THE STUDENT'S HOUSE is $25.00 PLUS $15 transportation fee per session.
Package of 5 hours will cost $190.00 (transportation allowance included)
Package of 10 hours will cost $370.00 (transportation allowance included)
CANCELLATION at least 24 hours before the lesson is ACCEPTABLE without fee.
CANCELLATION at least 2 hours before the lesson will be charged 50%.
CANCELLATION without notification will be charged 100%.
DELIA “Ms. Del” MANDAP
Professional teacher with over twenty years of experience is seeking position within your school
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 20+ years of combined classroom and individualized teaching experience (Montessori preschool, English Language Arts, Reading), 7 years of which was dedicated to teaching English and Filipino (Tagalog) communication skills (pre-reading and pre-writing skills, vocabulary enrichment, conversation fluency, grammar review, intensive pronunciation, oral presentation skills, business writing) to learners between 2 to 59 years old
• Experience in creating a wide variety of assessment and evaluation tools including, rubrics, observation checklists, peer evaluations, self-assessments, student-teacher conferences
• customize lessons to suit students’ learning style and capabilities
• prepare students for job and immigration interviews
• Graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Psychology, a key factor in the better understanding of students’ behavior and attitude
• Earned units in preschool and elementary education and M. A. Units in English Language Teaching
• Acquired professional teacher’s license in 2000 and passed IELTS Academic with overall band score of 7.0 in October 2014 and 8.0 in April 2017
Online English Teacher 2015 - present
(TalkEnglish International, 51 Talk China, Antoree Vietnam, Cafetalk Japan, Freelance)
• Conduct online lessons using free oral expression, reading, listening, writing exercises, introduction of idiomatic expressions and conversation topics
English Instructor (Tagalog Instructor to non-Filipinos) 2008 - 2014
Development of English Learners School (D.E.L.’S.), Philippines
• Improved English and Tagalog communication skills of students ages 2-59 through individualized communicative task-based lessons
• Created assessments and evaluation tools including diagnostic testing, impromptu oral exam, observation checklists
• Successfully assisted students in their preparation for IELTS general and academic exams through intensive grammar/speaking/reading/writing/listening activities
• Prepared students for employment through CV critiques and practicing behavioural interview question
• Provided personalized Tagalog lessons to students and professionals who work in a Filipino-dominated work environment
Corporate Training: Enhancement of English Communication Skills Nov. 3 & 4, 2014
• Conducted English proficiency training to accounting professionals of Maceda Valencia & Co. Accounting Firm through dynamic group activities geared towards improving English fluency through communicative lessons
English Language Teacher 1986 - 2003
International School Manila / La Salle Green Hills / Saint Scholastica’s College
- Supply teacher from ECE to 5th graders for Reading and Language, Math, Science and cultural arts
- taught English Language Arts to 4th grade girls in St. Scholastica’s College of Manila; assisted stage play director in preparing students for acting and speaking parts in the show, Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
- Taught Reading in 2nd grade boys in La Salle Green Hills; implemented DEAR time (Drop Everything and Read)
- Supervised classroom activities geared towards developing effective English communication skills by implementing grammar rules, role playing, free oral expression, elocution, etc. at Queen Mary Learning Center, Casa de Bambini Montessori School, Casa Montessori Internationale & OB Montessori Center, Inc.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
• Customer Service Representative at Concentrix, Oshawa from February 2018 – October 2019 and Teleperformance, Toronto from Nov. 2016 – January 2017
• Brand Experience Ambassador with MOSAIC from Sept. 2016 to Feb. 2018
• Home service tutorial to Canadian students through CLUB Z from August 2016 to October 2017
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• NINER IELTS Review Center/British Council Online
IELTS ACADEMIC: 8.0 Overall Band Score (April 29, 2017 exam date)
IELTS ACADEMIC: 7.0 Overall Band Score (October 2, 2014 exam date)
• SpeechPower (1995 to 2010)
Short courses in English Conversation Fluency, Intensive Grammar Review,
Intensive Pronunciation, Oral Presentation Skills, Vocabulary Enrichment
• Cora Doloroso Career Center (1987)
Computer-Secretarial and courses in Office Procedure and Business Writing
• Philippine Normal University & Arellano University 1986 - 2002
Pre-school and Elementary Education /
M.A. units in English Language Teaching
• St. Paul College of Manila, Philippines March 20, 1986
Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology
Perfect! Ms. Del is an amazing tutor/teacher. I am learning so much from her. I am very grateful to have found her because she is extremely knowledgeable and knows her grammar very well. She explains to me the lessons in a way that I completely understand. Thank you for guiding me to become better in my grammar.
Avery was surprisingly upbeat and interested to do a refresher course in grammar. She wants to improve her communication skills. All her life she has lived in the US, hence the proper diction and pronunciation just like native speakers. She is happy to have the opportunity to re-learn the basics of grammar and attain proficiency. It was fun and engaging to have lessons with Avery.
Miss Del is one my son's teacher when he was in grade school. She is very friendly , smart , accommodating, and she uses different techniques in teaching the kids..She has group of students that she handles well during those times ....I recommend her to Superprof members because she does her work professionally and she's really good in teaching English Grammar and personality development....She'll be an asset to your group.
I have known Teacher Del for more than 20 years. She was my English and Math tutor during my elementary days. She taught me easy to understand methods in Math to help me cope up with my assignments.
She also taught me English (which is not my first language) and it helped me a lot to be confident in day-to-day conversations. I never told her this, but in college, I actually got a perfect grade in Speech 101 and this is all thanks to her.
Teacher Del is not only a great teacher, but she also builds lasting relationships with her students and helps them be the best version of themselves.
I am absolutely recommending her!
It's good to know that Ms. Del started again with what she loves the most-- teaching.
She was my tutor when I was a kid, and I can say that I've excelled in my English and Speech Classes-- all because of her.
She provides a tailored-fit type of teaching, because it is definitely not a "one size fits all" kind of thing. She familiarize herself with the student first (know her learning style, hobbies, etc.) to be able to know what would possibly work for her.
She's an excellent teacher. She's passionate towards work, and she's friendly to her students. My family adores her ️
Ma'am Dels was my private tutor English language for almost 5 months,
I needed to improve my English skills
since my first languag is Arabic my English was not that strong so I needed to improve it to be qualified for the entrance exams of the college.
I highly recommend Teacher Delia, she have a plenty of teaching skills, she creates ways to make things easier for the students to understand.
for me after all the English lessons I took with maam Delia i felt that very big difference in my English skills It helped me to pass the entrance exams and in my daily life here in the philippines since English is the seconed language here
finally i want to say
maam Delia was not only a teacher for me but also a mather
Thank you so much Maam Dels
much Love po
Ms Del is one of the best teachers that I ever had. Aside from the english classes that I attended ever since I was a kid (probably I started when I was 10 years old) she had taught me so many great things.
Her teaching style can help to develop someone's confidence, not only in speaking and writing in English spontaneously, but someone's personality as a whole. Also, I learned to interact with people, be friends with people in my nicest way. Lastly, I learned to be humble. For example, if I see or hear people speaks hardly in English, I do not judge them yet I help them to build their thoughts.
With that, I truly say that having Ms Del as my "teacher and my aunt in one" is such a great honor. I really feel blessed that she had the time to teach me.
Hello everyone, if you are looking for a teacher who teaches Tagalog or even the English language, I have a friend of mine who is willing to help you to learn, I would definitely recommend you to her, she is very good at teaching, I actually one of her learner and also, my son before I go to the states and I learned a lot from her, I really admired her a bunch too.
Ms. Del would make a great teacher because she has this one-of-a-kind teaching style that everybody loves. She makes all lessons, no matter how difficult it is, easy to understand. She is also very patient to her students. I've been her students since I was in 3rd grade (I am now in 2nd year college) and for the past years, and with all the teachers I have met in my formal education, Ms. Del's teaching style is still the best for me. When Ms. Del is your teacher, rest assured that you will learn in no time.
Thank you for being inspiring teacher, tutor for me and to my friends,
I Ms. Del Mandap because of....
Love for kids, love for subject willing to help, enthusiasm, work ethic, humility thats it
Teacher Del is my mother. Growing up, i've seen her excellence in teaching students in different levels, professions and nationalities. Her decades of experience made positive impact on her students' lives.
Ms Delia , my teacher and mentor, has provided me excellent English lessons and training. With her help, I was able to harness my public speaking skills which gained me confidence. Her teaching style is superb . Her lessons has become a part of me and it surely helped me excel in my chosen field. ️
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, grammar lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$190||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$370||$250|