Over the years of teaching and tutoring, I gradually identified couple of recurrent patterns within the vast area of difficulties the students experience in math and sciences. After a lot of thinking and research I developed and perfected my methodologies to address them effectively while taking care to tailor them against each particular situation. I was extremely satisfied with the results, watching students recovering their grades and gaining confidence in themselves in a matter of weeks.
I have master’s and bachelor’s of degrees in science (major physics, University of Ottawa) and several years of work in scientific research, teaching and data analysis. I was science instructor at Heritage College and Universel College in Gatineau teaching mechanics, electricity and magnetism, lectures and laboratories. I tutored middle school, high school, college and university students.
I welcome French speaking students too.
HIGHLIGHTS OF TEACHING PROFILE
· Experience in teaching physical sciences to college and undergraduate students
· Experience in tutoring students of all levels in science (chemistry, physics) and mathematics.
· Experience in planning and preparing lesson contents following public and private school curriculums
· Experience in using interactive teaching and learning tools: online platforms and media applications (Zoom, Cisco Webex, Via) with features for graphing and equation editing.
· Have in-depth knowledge and understanding for a broad spectrum of subjects in physics, chemistry and mathematics, acquired through academic programs, work experience and personal interest research.
· Computational skills in algebraic, numerical and programming software: Maple, Excel (advanced), Matlab, R (basic) and statistical software SAS (intermediate).
· Strong command in English acquired as the main education language; fluent in French.
· Capable to establish positive and trustful relationships with students; committed to support students in their academic endeavor; able to tailor the teaching methods to accommodate student needs and background; responsive to student off class help through emails and office hours.
· Friendly and outspoken person, honest and empathetic, with an ethical and open attitude towards the Canadian social diversity.
EDUCATION AND DIPLOMAS
· Master of Science, Physics, Physics Dept., University of Ottawa, 2003
· Master of Science and Bachelor of Science, Physics, West University, Timisoara, Romania, 1993
College Universel, Gatineau
Physics Instructor 2019/06 – 2019/08
• Taught Physics to college students in the science program; delivered lectures and laboratory sessions; designed course outline following the college curriculum and the class specifics.
• Prepared intermediate and final evaluations and marked student works; used media communication and presentation tools.
• Participated at the department reunions; communicated with directors, teaching coordinators, tenured professors and peers.
Physics and Mathematics Tutor, online and in person sessions 2017-present
• Prepared tutoring sessions in advance to maximise learning process; maintained and updated technical performance of the platform conferencing tools (video camera, microphone, graphics digital tablets).
• Developed session protocols using platform and various online resources.
• Followed up with students to review and enhance quality tutoring services.
Office of Controlled Substances, Health Canada, Ottawa
Data Analyst, 2018/08 -2019/10
• Performed research in the field of the drug nomenclature; classified and identified drugs upon scientific, generic and market names in compliance with the provision of Ministerial Acts (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act).
• Collaborated with peers and managerial staff to improve the standard operating procedures; provided input and recommendations to increase the flow and the quality of work.
Environment and Climate Change Canada,
Chemical and Waste Directorate, Gatineau
Technical Reviewer (PC- 02) 2017/03-2017/07
· Reviewed the technical and contractual parts of the applications for permits required for the transportation of hazardous waste and hazardous recyclable materials to Canadian and US operating facilities.
· Guided stakeholders in the processes of applications, notified them for the new amendments and regulations using email and telephone communications.
· Worked as a member of a team formed by administrative agents, scientists and managers and contributed to the maintaining of the standards within the Regulatory Operations Section.
Environment and Climate Change Canada
Canadian Wildlife Services, Gatineau
Permit Analyst, 01/2014-03/2017
• Processed permit demands for international trading of the endangered species; reviewed applications and assisted clients in completing the requirements under the Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) regulations.
• Filed and classified the completed permits.
• Participated at the group meetings; discussed problems and recommendations with scientific and managerial authorities.
MathMaster Tutoring School, Ottawa
Science and Mathematics Tutor 2006-2010
• Provided tutoring lessons for high school and undergraduate students in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics.
• Coordinated tutoring sessions, evaluated tutors and assigned suitable students.
• Assured communication between parents and tutors and kept electronic track of the tutoring sessions.
Heritage College, Gatineau,
Physics Instructor 01/2004-05/2005
· Delivered physics lessons through seminars and laboratories, to college students enrolled in the science program.
· Prepared experimental set-ups, supervised, assessed and marked student work.
· Participated at the teacher reunions, discussed class performance and course outline.
University of Ottawa, Physics Department
Research and Teaching Assistant 2000-2003
· Tutored undergraduate students in Physics; worked in scientific research in polymer physics.
· Prepared and presented scientific communications, papers, thesis and seminars.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$115||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$200|