"Maximize LTT (Learners' Talking Time) while minimizing TTT (Teacher's Talking Time)" could be the maxim that encapsulates my teaching methodology. This way, I get my students to explore first hand the world of their target language to its fullest.
An MA in English, Cambridge CELTA and TESL (300+hrs) certified, I taught for 10 years, in Canada and abroad, Academic English, IELTS, iBT TOEFL, SAT, Business English at colleges and institutions. My average IELTS student has roughly scored a 7.5.
I generally ask for a 24 hour notice for free cancellation.
Michael (Manoj) Raj
North York, Toronto, Canada
[Seeking an ESL position to help others meet their goals by enhancing their English language skills]
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT SKILLS SET____________________
• Taught English language at colleges, university and institutions abroad
• TESL Ontario Certification
• Used a range of technology for various instructional strategies and resources: Google Suite, Newsela,
ESL Library, Kahoot!, BBC English, in fully computerized classroom etc.
• Excellent command over content/task based and communicative approaches
• An amiable, sincere and fun teacher with exceptional people skills
• Former TV, Radio English-News Anchor and Editor
• Fluency over four other languages: Hindi, Nepali, Urdu, Newari
• TESL Diploma
Canadian College of Educators, Mississauga, Ontario
A 300+ hour, TESL Ontario & TESL Canada accredited program. Courses: Theoretical Issues,
Linguistics, Language Structure and Skills, TESL Methodology, Assessment,
Teaching Skills, Practicum
• MA and M.Phil. in English
Institute of Advance Center of Education and Research (IACER), Kathmandu.
Combined, a 3.5 year university graduate program. Courses: Writing, Rhetoric and
Discourse Communities; Translation Studies and Practice; Linguistics; English
Literature and Theories; Novels and Films; English Composition and Movie Making
• Bachelor of Law (BL)
Nepal Law Campus, Trivuwan University, Kathmandu
Courses: Legal Writing and other core Law Subjects
• Canadian Equivalency of 4 year Bachelor’s degree [WES Assessed]
• Graduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Centennial College, Toronto, Ontario
Courses: Legal Writings and Communication, and other core Common Law Subjects
Supply Teacher at International Centre for EAP Feb 2018 – Now
• Reading - Skimming and scanning skills
• Writing - Summary Writing, APA style for Academic Writing
• Listening and Speaking
Professor at Kings College, Kathmandu Nepal Oct 2011 – Feb 2014
(Affiliated to International American University)
• Taught Business Communication and English Composition
English Language Instructor at Kathmandu Alfa Beta Institute Jan 2009 – Mar 2013
(New Baneshwor, Nepal)
• IELTS, TOEFL (iBT), and SAT I (Verbal)
• ESP (Legal English, Business English)
English News Editor and Reader at Radio Nepal and News 24 TV May 2007-- Dec 2013
• Prepared and read live National and International News
• Trained new recruits
Hostel In-charge and Vice Principal Jan 2000 – Aug 2005
(Genuine Secondary School, Bhaktapur, Nepal)
• Taught English, Social Studies, Basic Computer Skills, Music (Vocals and Guitar)
• Designed English curriculum for Middle and High school and trained the teachers
• Developed and codified English Language Assessment tools
• The CLB Bootcamp Online Training
• PBLA Intensive Workshop held at CCE
• Certification on IELTS Teaching
• CPR/First Aid Certification
• Conflict Resolution and Verbal Judo
• TESL Ontario, TESL Toronto, TESL Canada (Pending…)
• Canadian Association for Second Language Teachers (CASLT)
I would say on him ,not only me ,whole class used to appreciate him for his dedication as a best english teacher for the excellent output of our class during my school life. Obiviouly, His music songs all is in soul as fresh as before.we wish all the best teacher.
I know Manoj sir from my school life not only as a teacher but also as a good mentor with a strong communication skills, well organized teaching methods and musically inclined person. He would be an asset for any schools and teaching institutions.
A BEST TEACHER IN MY LIFE TO WHOM I RESPECT FROM BOTTOM OF MY HEART. HE IS BETWEEN US AS BEST FRIEND RATHER THAN TEACHER CLEARING ALL OUR CONFUSIONS AND QUERIES.
A BEST TEACHER...A BEST MENTOR AND ...OF COURSE A BEST FRIEND OF EVERY STUDENT...
A TEACHER WHO ALWAYS LIVES IN EVERY STUDENTS' HEART AND TO WHOM MY HEART ALWAYS GIVES RESPECT.
THANK YOU SIR FOR BEING MY BEST TEACHER FOREVER AND BEING THE GREATEST PERSON.
Where as I know there is no doubt he is a good teacher.
Manoj sir, as I call him as, taught me English literature as a substitute teacher during my undergrad. He immediately won the heart of the students with his fun way of teaching. Later,upon my request he also gave me some tips on IELTS test. Over the years,he has been an inspiring person in my life. He is not only an amazing teacher but an amazing person as well.
We worked together in Khwopa. His was popular among his students for his pedagogic strategies and the teachers liked him for his novelty in class.
He is a great tutor and helpful person.The way he teaches english is very simple and easy to understand.i had attended some of his english class.
Talented hardworking and self-made man. Experienced cool teacher. Thumbs up.
He has a quality to be.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking grammar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|