My focus is on conversational skills as well as on reading, listening, and to a lesser extent writing. I teach grammar and vocabulary as well but primarily through non-traditional methods and generally keep grammar to a minimum. My practice is informed by my own experiences of learning French and Spanish as a child, and more recently through my own efforts at learning Arabic and Korean.
I taught ESL classes in South Korea as well as in Canada. I also spent a year tutoring ESL students and teaching French as a second language in the Middle East. I have experience as a student teacher in the Canadian school system and hold a CELTA.
ESL Teacher 09/2017 to 12/2017
Immigrant Services Society of British Columbia - Langley, BC
Developed lesson plans.
Taught a variety of lessons to adult ESL students.
Engaged in cross-cultural interactions through strong communication skills.
French Teacher/ESL Tutor 09/2016 to 05/2017
Bethlehem Evangelical Academy – Bethlehem, Palestinian Territories
• Developed French curriculum through independently researching, compiling, organizing and often creating French language resources resulting in a comprehensive year-long program consisting of over 800 files.
• Taught French as a second language to children, managed classes, planned lessons, graded assessments.
• Provided on-one one support to students struggling with English language materials (10% of role).
English Teacher 05/2016 to 08/2016
Avalon English Academy – Seoul, South Korea
• Taught English as a second language to students aged five to eleven.
• Taught lessons encompassing a range of skill-building activities for speaking, writing, reading and listening.
• Developed class content for three-week Zootopia-themed intensive through collaboration with colleagues.
Short-term Receptionist/Administrative Assistant 03/2016 to 05/2016
Canadian Food Inspection Agency – Abbotsford, BC
• Managed clerical needs of company employees, including copying, faxing and file management.
• Responded to telephone inquiries from clients, vendors and the public.
• Oversaw office inventory by restocking supplies and making purchase orders.
Parliamentary Office Intern 01/2015 to 04/2015
John McKay, MP - Scarborough/Guildwood – Ottawa, ON
• Managed clerical needs of Member of Parliament, including copying, faxing and
• Created professional letters and memorandum.
• Met incoming customers with professionalism, friendliness and attentiveness.
B.A. in English - Trinity Western University - Graduated 2015
CELTA TESL Certificate - Cambridge English - 2016
Student Teacher - Simon Fraser University - January 2018 to present
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|