I use research-based strategies for learning and tailor my instruction to each student's needs and learning style. I like to get to know what you excel in and what you struggle with, what type of learner are you (visual, verbal, kinesthetic, logical?), if you are a minor I like to speak with the parent and the child on what areas we should focus on.
Depending on the subject area, tutoring can include: a review of any homework you may have, any questions or situations you encountered in an academic setting during the past week that you want to get help with, an exercise pertaining to the subject we are studying and a short assessment (sometimes only one questions) at the end of the session to see if you are learning based on my teaching methods. If not, I can adjust it for the next class.
I like to have open communication and provide constant feedback to parents and students each class.
I am a former elementary school teacher (k-5) who currently works in education technology. I have a M. Ed from Johns Hopkins University in the United States. I have experience working with kids from every educational background (gifted, advanced, struggling learners and kids with autism and ADD). I use a variety of learning techniques to guide students on improving their writing, critical reading and math skills- I understand everyone learns differently! I am happy to work with newcomers on English-language learning as well.
Johns Hopkins University Sept 2012-May 2014
Masters of Science in Educational Studies
Rutgers University Sept 2008-May 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Middle Eastern Studies
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society Certificate in Women's Leadership
Schools Implementation Manager January 2017-Present
EVERFI Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan (Canada)
- Build a network of teachers, administrators and district officials across two Canadian provinces
- Visit schools across Canada to train and support teachers on EVERFI's STEM & financial literacy courses
- Subject matter expert on EVERFI's platforms, the K-12 education technology industry, and the major issues faced by teachers, schools and districts in several States and Canadian provinces
- Actively engage in new business development activities, including roundtables, conferences and workshops
- Create and manage an active pipeline of opportunities using Salesforce.com
4th Grade teacher August 2014- Present
Linford Elementary School, Albany County School District 1 Laramie, Wyoming
-Designed data-driven lessons and intervention plans based on curriculum to differentiate for 22 fourth grade student's needs and interests.
-Collaborated with grade-level colleagues and curriculum experts to complete an in-depth math study each week.
-Member of the PBIS (Behavior Intervention) Committee, strategized positive, effective interventions for children with behavior challenges school-wide.
-Spearheaded extended-day tutoring program and taught summer school for students in grades 1-4.
Early Childhood Educator June 2012-June 2014
Lockerman Bundy Elementary School, BCPSS
Teach For America Baltimore, MD
- Instilled a growth mindset in early childhood-aged students by recognizing and celebrating small individual gains towards achieving a bigger goal.
- 2013-2014 1st grade teacher- Created and implemented a rigorous supplemental literacy curriculum for struggling readers resulting in an increase of 3-8 reading levels in far-below grade level 1st grade students by the end-of-year testing cycle.
- 2012-2013 Pre-K teacher- Led 92% of prekindergarten students to proficiency in literacy and math.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest special needs - autism lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, special needs - add lessons for all!
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$28|