My classes will be all about making the best paper you can write, prepping to take the best test you can take, and crafting a resume that will make employers impressed. I'll help you in any way you need, from walking you through the basics to putting those perfect final touches.
Hello there! I am a fourth year political science student, graduating in June. I've also studied history, sociology, communications, philosophy, economics and theatre. I've worked as an office assistant, an instructor and a recruiter. I'm looking forward to helping you make your work the best that it can be!
Summary of Qualifications
• Extensive knowledge of history and politics, with a focus on Canada
• Significant leadership experience, holding leadership positions both professionally and in extra curriculars
• Experienced office worker with strong organisational skills and proficiency in Microsoft products
• Language proficiency: Native English, familiar with French
• Effective public speaker
• Excellent writer
• Trained actor
• Thoughtful, resourceful, open-minded and patient
B.A. Honours Political Science Toronto, Ontario
York University, Glendon Campus Graduating June 2021
Vice President, Campaigns and Advocacy Toronto, Ontario
Glendon College Student Union School Year 2020-2021
• In this elected position, was responsible for running advocacy campaigns, establishing external partnerships, and acting as Glendon Campus’s primary delegate to the Canadian Federation of Students.
o Kept the student council up to date on currents events and developments at Queens Park, recommended what actions should be taken based on that information.
o Established numerous partnerships for the Student Union, such as with the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union to inform students of their rights when returning to work during the pandemic, and with International Students Connect to help international students navigate Ontario’s educational and work systems.
o Participated in numerous meetings and conferences, such as the Canadian Federation of Students' general assembly, sat on advisory panels such as York University’s parking administration, and was part of consultations that York’s administration had with students to shape their pandemic response.
o Communicated activities and events to the Glendon student body through the Student Union’s social media channels.
Languages at Work (concealed information) Project Officer Toronto, Ontario
Glendon Explore Program, Fédération de la jeunesse canadienne-française May 2019 – August 2019
• Promoted the (concealed information) program with a series of workshops that focused on job skills and information about the program, with the goal of inspiring students to work in their 2nd language.
• Recruited three quality candidates from the students participating in the Glendon Explore Program.
o Ran a series of training sessions in the days leading up to the summer program to ensure the recruits were ready to work on the first day, teaching then the programs rules, how to run a workshop, and what kinds of activities they would be expected to run.
o Served as the recruit’s manager and advocate during the session, assigning them tasks, helping them develop their workshops, and ensuring Glendon Explore’s management was aware of their issues and challenges and dealt with them appropriately.
• Assisted in the administration of the Glendon Explore Program.
o Taught a workshop focused of political and social issues, managed trips and activities, and assisted in office work such as organising files and answering emails and phone calls.
English as a Second Language Monitor Toronto, Ontario
Glendon Continuing Education May 2016 – August 2018
• Facilitated the Glendon Explore Program as part of the monitor team.
o Taught a workshop about social and political issues, helping students practice their second language through discussion and created an environment where all perspectives felt welcomed and valued.
o Planned and ran activities and trips, such as sports events and trips to Niagara Falls.
o maintained the “warning system” to ensure language immersion was achieved, giving students demerits called “warnings” when their target language was not being spoken.
o Socialised with the students during mealtimes in order to create a friendly environment and allow them to practice their target language in a social setting.
Bilingual Special Projects Clerk Toronto, Ontario
Glendon Continuing Education August 2016 – August 2018
• Helped the director of Glendon Continuing Education carry out the mandate of the department.
o Drafted letters, organised both physical and digital files, prepared presentations, recorded and answered voice messages, answered questions about the department’s programs by phone and by email, assisted with website updates.
o Attended conferences and job fairs to promote the department.
o Completed a variety of research projects for the department to determine best practice and which way the Continuing Education industry was heading.
Director of Research and Debate Toronto, Ontario
Glendon Model United Nations September 2016 – April 2018
• Acted as the Director of Research and Debate for the Glendon model UN club.
o Selected which topics would be simulated during our in-house model UN sessions
o Directed the research team in creating the material needed to run these simulations. This required a lot of in-depth research and writing skills, as the topics that were chosen to be simulated needed to be the right fit for Model UN, and the background guides we produced needed to be informative while remaining accessible.
Outreach Participant San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Students Offering Support, January 2016 – May 2016
• Participated in an outreach trip to San Pedro Sula, Honduras. This trip was principally to assist BECA, a non-profit organisation that runs various educational institutions in rural Honduras.
o The institutions we assisted were Amigos de Jesus Orphanage and School, San Jeronimo Bilingual School, and Santa Monica Bilingual School.
o Assisted the BECA staff with projects they had been unable to do due to lack of manpower. Planned and ran activities, taught classes, performed data entry, and assisted with construction projects.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$17|