I approach my students with an individualized mentorship approach. I believe that a significant part of grasping a difficult subject is developing the self-confidence to get creative and approach problems in new ways, secured in a fundamental understanding of concepts; life skills that will open up their future. My ultimate goal is to teach my students to teach themselves - much as I enjoy working with them, I'll have done my job if I've put myself out of work.
I'm in this because changing lives is an experience that brightens mine.
My passion is passion itself. I'm a very dynamic person, and I become enthralled watching others' eyes light up as they delve into something that inspires them.
Please note: tutoring occurs at local public library, rather than my personal home.
Please note: because I believe in the importance of a good fit, and accessibility of worthwhile education, the first session is offered for only $15. Further sessions are offered at $25/hr.
I've been involved in education over seven years, working with students spanning from 7-17 years old, with topics including engineering, science, French, and ballet. Most recently, I've spent 10 weeks working at a 24/7 French immersion program teaching these latter three, as well as mentoring, and organizing new and creative educational events and forums that cater to students' interests and strengths. I've been doing private tutoring for about 6 months.
6.0 full-year course equivalents (FCE) biology, 2.0 FCE chemistry, 1.0 FCE calculus, 0.5 FCE statistics, 0.5 FCE French. Consistent above-average performance and Dean's List Scholar, and recipient of admissions and in-course scholarships.
- AP Biology exam 2014: 5/5 (top 6.4%)
- SBI 4U, AP: 100%
- MDM 4U: 96%
- MHF 4U: 92%
- ENG 4U: 94%
Of course I have my own passions too, particularly language (currently learning Italian and Cantonese), classical dance, and theatre. I've been involved with university theatre (a drama and a comedic musical), but in my spare time at home I like to get creative with Photoshop or video games.
Please note: because I believe in the importance of a good fit, and accessibility of worthwhile education, the first session is offered for only $15. Further sessions are offered at $25/hr. persevere
HBSc candidate, Neuroscience Specialist; University of Toronto, St. George Campus (Year 3 of 4)
JLP315: Language Acquisition
LIN200: Introduction to Linguistics
PSY492: Neurobiology of Learning and Memory
PSY493: Cognitive Neuroscience
HMB306: Ethics in Emerging Technology
FSL272: French Grammar
ITA100: Introductory Italian Language
Dean's List Scholar (x2)
Regents In-Course Scholarship (x2)
Milne Research Award
President's Entrance Scholarship
Awards for Academic and Community Achievement (x2)
2017 - present; French, biology, mathematics (40 hours total)
• Teaches and mentors students aged 10-18 from diverse cultures and economic backgrounds, smoothly adapting sessions to individuals.
• Fosters diverse, adaptive literacy, including that of second languages and sciences.
• Focuses on metacognition and building of life skills, empowering students to become aware of and take action on their own learning needs.
EDUCATIONAL & CULTURAL PROGRAMMER
07/2015, 2017 Explore French Immersion, QC (800 hours total)
• Created and delivered original lessons on university-level biology and anatomy to second-language learners.
• Conceived and realized innovative gala and performance for 150 students, managing 10 colleagues underhigh-stress conditions.
• Prepared during free time while working 80-hour weeks, maintaining a positive, encouraging demeanour.
• Mentored emotionally vulnerable students from across Canada, using attention to detail and initiative to cross language barriers, and approach students in need.
•Responded to emergencies with speed, tact, and cooperation.
• Students described lessons as exciting and “surprisingly fun.”
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||$125||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||$250||Not available||$250|