My teaching methods are based on student's individual personality and communication styles, I adapt my approach to the needs of my students instead of the opposite. I have a transparent approach with my students and build my curriculum on their actual needs instead of having a universal curriculum for everyone. I involve my students in building the curriculum and actual training modules and see my role as trainer/teacher as a guide rather than just delivering information. This way, my students are more involved in the class and this encourages participation.
A typical class begins with a brief review of the previous lesson, followed by the day's agenda and curriculum so students know what to expect. We then do the theory associated with the module and most of the lesson is built around practical exercises such as mock conversations and role-playing. Job aids are provided for vocabulary and common terms, also included is listening to French programs on TV/radio along with newspapers articles, magazines and books. I believe that languages are best learned through immersion rather than just theory and grammar books.
I am a fully bilingual university graduate that can help you improve your communication and understanding of the French language. I have a bachelor's and a master's degree in history and political science obtained in Montreal and Ottawa, where I was a teaching assistant during my master's degree. Furthermore, I also was a trainer in a financial institution for 2 1/2 years delivering extensive training to employees in both english and french and helped them improve their communication skills in French. I helped many people succeed in interviews and job applications by improving their communication in French and can do the same for you!
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in political science - international relations (Ottawa University)
• Bachelor's degree in history - political science (UQAM - University of Quebec in Montreal)
• Two and a half years of experience as a trainer for Scotiabank - extensive delivery of training material (including digital modules and computer-based training) along with mentoring and support of employees
• Fluently bilingual in English & French
• Over 3 years of customer service experience in bilingual environments, either by telephone, in person, by mail and electronically
• High level of autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision, excellent communication and interpersonal skills acquired through training and professional experiences
• High degree of flexibility and adaptation to new environments and new tasks acquired through trainer experience at Scotiabank and teaching assistant role at Ottawa University
• Excellent listening and communication skills acquired through my teaching and professional experiences
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills acquired through my academic formation and professional experiences
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills acquired through training role at Scotiabank
• Excellent computer skills on Windows suite (Word, Power Point and Excel) acquired through my academic and professional background
SCOLARSHIP & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Master's Degree in political science-international relations, University of Ottawa 2011
• Admission Scholarship, University of Ottawa 2008-2011
• Teaching Assistant, University of Ottawa 2008-2010
• Bachelor's Degree in history-political science, Quebec University in Montreal 2008
• Leadership Development Program - JP Morgan Chase & Co. 2014
Trainer October 2015-May 2018
• Delivery of training material/curriculums pertaining to various department to new and existing employees of Scotiabank, including e-learning modules and computer-based training (CBTs)
• Supervision and educational support of classes and groups of up to 20 students for periods of up to 6 weeks of training, both in class and on the job
• Involvement in the creation and review of training modules for various departments, including e-learning modules
• Providing adapted feedback and encouragement to students throughout training in order for them to achieve curriculum goals
• Mentoring and training support of employees throughout their tenure at the firm, whether through career counselling, performance improvement, implementation of new systems, procedures and processes or return from leaves of absence
Credit Analyst - Fraud Analyst September 2012-October 2015
JP Morgan Chase & Co./Scotiabank
• Answer inbound calls and perform outbound calls in regards to credit-related and fraud prevention duties
• Use of soft skills (communication & listening) on a regular basis in a non-face-to-face environment and with a wide variety of customers
• Adapt communication to the customer communication and personality styles in order to facilitate calls and sometimes de-escalate conflicts
Teaching Assistant September 2008 to May 2011
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
• Administrative support to teachers in regards to the preparation and delivery of learning modules and evaluations to undergrad students
• Lead weekly seminars, classes and discussion groups where students would be encouraged to discuss and debate readings and lectures in a respectful environment
• Correction of evaluations and essays submitted by students and provide feedback accordingly
• Administrative assistance related to the conduct of the course such as calculation and compilation of grades
Census Agent Summer 2011
Statistic Canada, Gatineau, QC
• Conduct investigations relating to the census and statistical studies on the population, either in person or by telephone
• Proceed to data entry through interviews with respondents
• Handling of a large number of census forms and documents containing respondents personal information
• Manage the data collected through the Field Management System (FMS) of Statistics Canada
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||$30||Not available|
|5 hours||$100||$125||Not available|
|10 hours||$200||$250||Not available|