My goal in teaching is to understand the underlying reasoning and fundamental logic behind math and science problems. I'm sure there are many great teachers out there who help students solve problems. My mission is go deeper and help the student develop the framework from which they can tackle any problem!
Johns Hopkins University • MS Applied Physics
Rutgers University • BS Physics
I've been tutoring at academic institutions and privately for over 10 years. I'm also an engineer so I have a good holistic approach.
The most important experience for me to present is the spectrum of learning levels I've taught. For example, I've taught basic arithmetic to children of 12-16, and to adults of 30+ years old. Because I have this unique experience, my abilities can adapt to a variety of students and ages.
• Practical problem solving and critical thinking in scientific applications.
• Electromechanical Engineer – injection molding, metallization, manufacturing.
• Development-Process Engineer – semiconductors, thin film deposition.
• U.S. Marines, security clearance (2002-2006), East Africa, Iraq.
• Physics applications – optics, mechanics, systems modeling, electromagnetism.
Skills and Abilities
• Methodical, collaborative, systematic ethic • 5/6-sigma, Lean, Kaizen principles
• Physics; photonics, radar/signals, mechanics • Create SOPs with ISO standards
• Chemistry; organic, inorganic, wet • MATLAB, CAD
• Solder, repair electromechanical components • Java, C++
• Data, materials analysis, SIMS • Microscopy, electron and light
• Safety, PPE, handling hazardous materials • CVD, etch, photolithography
Manufacturing Electromechanical Engineer | AVL Group, NJ
December 2016 – March 2017 (3-month contract)
• Installation, development, injection molding, optical disc replication.
• Troubleshoot, repair of mechanical, electrical, some automation (Bradley, Siemens).
• Optimizing process changes by proper analysis of experiments.
Process-Development Engineer | Avago Technologies, NJ and PA
July 2010 – July 2014
• Process development, manufacturing, LPCVD and Plasma-Enhanced-CVD machines.
• Maintaining manufacturing in Somerset, NJ and simultaneously managing the purchasing, inspection, installation, and process qualification of a new laboratory for manufacturing in Breinigsville, PA.
• Developed novel method, Plasma-Enhanced Deposition, mitigation of haze-film problem.
• Experiments, research technical problems for optical and semiconductor devices.
• Troubleshoot, maintenance, improvement of process machines and metrology.
• Etching, photolithography, wet chemistry, gas delivery systems.
Math and Science Tutor | Rutgers University, NJ
August 2006 – May 2010
• Tutored all levels of math, chemistry, biology, and physics.
• Taught students with diverse backgrounds and various age-groups.
Marine Non-commissioned Officer | U.S. Marine Corps, NC
June 2002 – June 2006
• Security clearance while in service.
• Supervised, trained 12 workers (squad leader), combat and office environment.
Johns Hopkins University
• MS Applied Physics
• Will not affect any opportunities Dec 2016 – Present
• BS Physics Aug 2006 – May 2010
Awards and Achievements
• PHI BETA KAPPA – ALPHA National Honor Society
U.S. Marine Corps
• Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal – Iraq
• Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal – East Africa
• Humanitarian Service Medal – East Africa
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|