Individual or small groups class (face to face or remote learning) for music theory for score reading or preparation for exam, include time and key signatures, scales, triads, musical terms and signs, composing melodies, harmony, Music History, arrangement etc. I conduct classes in small groups for piano beginners for enjoyment, and for individuals for leisure or preparation exams such as ABRSM Grade 1-8, RCM Grade 1-10, ATCL Associate Performance Diploma. For more info, please visit: piano360.blogspot.com
Bachelor Degree of Arts (Hons) Music. Associate Piano Performance Diploma Trinity College London (ATCL) since 1995. 20 years teaching experience. Most students have merits/distinctions in ABRSM Piano and Music Theory Exam. Some won the championships of Piano Solo in Competitions. Main streams: piano performance & piano pedagogy. Also studied in Western Music History, Harmony, Form and Analysis, Chinese Music History, World Music, Electronic Music, Conducting etc.
For ABRSM: Grade 4-5, hourly rate is $50. Grade 6-7, hourly rate is $60. Grade 8 (Final grade), hourly rate is $70. Please call to enquire for diploma.
For RCM: Grade 5-7, hourly rate is $50. Grade 8-9, hourly rate is $60. Grade 10 (Final grade), hourly rate is $70.
For travel fee, it depends on the distance. Usually it will be an additional $20-30 per lesson.
All Fees are payable on the first lesson of every 4-weeks. For example, each lesson is charged for $40/ hour. 4 lessons will be charged as $160.
Fees paid are non refundable or transferable.
There will be no registration fee nor administration fee charged.
No lessons on public holidays. In this case, all lessons will be replaced according to student's and teacher's schedules.
Student is only allowed to cancel (with sound reason) once per cycle with at least 48 hours in advance. This cancelled lesson should be replaced according to the availability of teacher's schedule. Any subsequent cancellations or last minute cancellations will be charged. Teacher is not obligated to make up the lesson for “no show” or lesson cancelled with less than 48 hours advanced notice. Students who cancel lessons frequently will be dismissed. In fact, improvement greatly depends on consistent piano instruction and practice.
Students have to show up for classes on time. Students who show up late for a lesson will lose those minutes of instruction.
Student may terminate the course at any time with one month notice.
- Bachelor of Arts(Hons)-Music, concentrate in Piano Performance, from The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Holder of Associate Piano Performance Diploma Trinity College London (ATCL) since 1995
- 20 years teaching experience including teaching music. Nearly all students have merits or distinctions in ABRSM Piano and Music Theory Examination and some won the championships of Piano Solo in Competitions
- Music panel chairperson in the primary school
- Enlightened by Prof. David Gwilt, former Head of Music Department of the Chinese University of Hong Kong and Regional Consultant to the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music
- Studied piano pedagogy with the great pianist, Mary Wu, the winner of Chappell Gold Medal and the champion of Royal Overseas League Competition and the Mozart Bicentenary Competition of Asia
- Adjudicator of the Music Contest of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 9th Hong Kong Piano Open Competition 2nd Class Honor Award
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||$40|