I believe in application-based learning. Any computer science concept is best understood when told with their real-world applications. I strongly believe that the structure of the lecture greatly affects the student's understanding. I am open to adapting my teaching style according to the students' capabilities and needs.
I am a Master's student at Dalhousie University, persuing the applied computer science course. I have 2 years of software development experience in a product based company. I completed my bachelors in computer science from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India.
Software Developer Mar 19 – Nov 19
Amdocs, Pune, Maharashtra, India
• Desktop-based full-stack application developer for the customer relationship management (CRM) software used by the telecommunication industry.
• Requirement analysis, feature implementation following coding standards and best practices.
• Feature demo and review with the Client.
Systems Engineer Jun 17 - Mar 19
Infosys, Mysore, Karnataka, India
• Web-based full-stack application developer for the data comparison and data mining tools used by the banking industry.
• Requirement gathering and analysis, architecture design, screen design and feature implementation following design principles, coding standards, and best practices.
• Feature demo and review with the Client.
Bachelor of Technology, Electronics & Computer Engineering Sept 13 - May 17
Sreenidhi Institute of Science & Technology, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
• First Class with Distinction with an overall aggregate of 81.05 %
• Selected Course Work related to CS: C Programming, Data Structures and C++, Discrete Structures and Graph Theory, Object-Oriented Programming through Java, Theory of Computation, Computer Organization, Database Management Systems, Operating Systems, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Data Warehousing and Data Mining
• Server-Side Technologies: Java, Spring framework, Hibernate/JPA, Restful web services, My SQL database, Oracle database
• Database Tools: SQL Developer, Toad
• Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, WildFly
• Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
• Version Control Tools: Git, Perforce
• Code Quality Tools: SonarQube
• Build Tool: Maven
• Software Development Methodology: Agile
Kandikonda Suraj Page 1 of 3
SELECTED CLIENT PROJECTS
Client - Singtel - A CRM project in Amdocs.
Project Description: Customer relationship management software used by the customer service representative(CSR) during his interaction with the current or potential customers of the client.
• Implemented data save and update functionality for the CRM database with the master data coming from a client system.
• Involved reading XML requests from a JMS queue, performing data validations, converting the XML data to its corresponding CRM entities and finally persisting them to the CRM database.
• Developed customer view screen, used to display the data persisted via the desktop application.
Client - UBS - A consulting project in Infosys.
Project Description: One-stop shop for all test data needs of the test data management team. The portal was equipped with data mining, data provisioning, and data generation features. It was also a test data request creation and management portal.
• Implemented a data mining feature in the portal by integrating it with Cognos IBM, a data mining tool via Restful web services. This feature involved passing the user entered attribute values to the Cognos API’s which returns the mined data in a JSON format. The JSON data was parsed and was returned to the user as a downloadable CSV file.
• Implemented the test data request submission and automatic mail generation feature by developing the UI screens, passing the user entered data as a JSON via web services to the business logic and generating an automatic email to the end-user using Java Mail API.
Client - Sprint - A consulting project in Infosys.
Project Description: Data comparison tool between different data sources like CSV files, databases, UI Reports etc. It is also a test case management portal.
• Implemented a data comparison feature between the user uploaded CSV file and a target table in a database. It involved the row-wise comparison of the data sources and generating a report of the number of matches and mismatches during the comparison.
• Implemented a test case management feature by integrating the portal with HP ALM via web services. It involved pushing and pulling the test cases to and from HP ALM using a unique test case Id stored in the database.
SELECTED ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Academic – Diabetes Prediction using Neural Networks
• Lead a team of three to design and develop a neural network to predict the occurrence of diabetes based on different input parameters like body mass index, diastolic blood pressure, etc.
• Used backpropagation algorithm to minimize the error variance of weights used in the prediction.
• Binary classification techniques were used to make the network predict an occurrence or non-occurrence of diabetes.
Kandikonda Suraj Page 2 of 3
Academic – Data Analytics and the Visualization of World of Cinema using R programming
• Analyzed different data sets containing parameters like IMDB rating, movie genre, movie budget, and gross collection.
• The Obtained correlation between the parameters and the trends were visualized as box plots and density charts.
• Different valuable hidden trends were discovered from this project.
Academic – Vehicle Speed Controller using Arduino Uno and Radio Frequency Transmission
• It is a prototype of an automatic speed control mechanism that could be used in vehicles speeding at different zones like a school zone or a hospital zone.
• Used an encoder to set the speed limit allowed in a zone. The encoder passes the serial output to the transmitter which transmits the data wirelessly
• A speed control system having a receiver and an Arduino with ATMega328 microcontroller is installed. The receiver sends the data to a decoder and then to the Arduino.
• A comparison logic between transmitted speed and the actual car speed was developed. Based on the comparison output, pulse width modulation(PWM) was used to regulate the level of output received by the DC motor.
• Worked as a coordinator of event GOALAA which is a robotic competition in football for Roboveda’15.
• Served as a publicity lead for RoboVeda’14.
• Worked as a technical mentor for juniors in the Robotics Club.
• One of the active participants in the National Service Scheme(NSS) Activities through which sincerely contributed towards the clean India Initiative.
• Rendered meritorious services for Webcasting in connection with Indian General Elections 2014.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACCOLADES
• Recognized with Infosys Insta Award for valuable services to one of the clients in Infosys.
• Graduated in Abacus and Mental Arithmetic, having completed eight terms of the program successfully.
• Won numerous Chess competitions at various intercollegiate competitions.
• Received Dr. H.P. Singh -CSS merit scholarship from CRIDA Hyderabad, for obtaining the highest marks in SSC examination in the year 2011.
Kandikonda Suraj Page 3 of 3
Suraj is a wonderful, compassionate and highly knowledgeable teacher. He is an articulate communicator and always makes it a point to ensure he tutors with enthusiasm and passion.
He has the ability to inspire students, take on challenges and help them get over their tricky areas. He has excellent rapport with students of all age groups and has extended his support and to everyone who needs help. I'd be honored to recommend Suraj to you without any reservations. Am sure he'd be a great addition to your team.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, HTML lessons for all!
Taking computer languages lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|