I am a visual/audio person, I hate reading. I also love finding easy ways to remember things. Which is what I incorporate when I teach students and also make them understand the basics behind each topic. Will incorporate loads of visuals and mnemonics. Classes are meant for anyone in school who need help with biology or even university level biomedical and medical sciences.
I just graduated as an MD doctor from Dalhousie medical school and have a biomedical sciences degree from Newcastle UK. I am currently working as a researcher in a hospital. And applying for family residency soon. Absolutely love medicine !!!
• International Ambassador Scholarship – received from Newcastle University 2010-2013
• Abstract on “Adaptation in Human Learning” presented in World Conference of Neuroscience held by Society of Neuroscience in San Diego California 2013
• Project presentation - Calcium Signalling Mechanisms As Drivers of Neuronal Differentiation in Newcastle University - 2012
• Research scholarship from Medical Research Council, U.K 2012 for research on Calcium Signalling Mechanisms As Drivers of Neuronal Differentiation
MEDICAL / RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
NSHA, HALIFAX INFIRMARY, RESEARCH DATA ABSTRACTER OCTOBER 2017- JANUARY 2018
• Analyzed roughly 250 patie¬¬¬nt files for the Impact project, which studied the impact of early behavioral intervention in patients with atrial fibrillation and prevention of stroke
• Organized the data from the charts according to interventions, treatment plans and outcomes
INSTITUTE OF NEUROSCIENCE - NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY, ASSISSTANT RESEARCH SCIENTIST, 2012-2013
• Used a combination of neuroscience with physics and software engineering aspects to learn about motor learning in the human brain to apply in robotics
• Conducted experiments with volunteers to study human learning models
• Reported experimental findings in an abstract that was presented in the World Neuroscience Conference
INSTITUTE FOR CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOSCIENCES, NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY, UK, SUMMER RESEARCHER, MAY – SEPTEMBER 2012
• Used a single cell real-time protocol to investigate the effects of the cell cycle on intracellular Ca 2+ regulation (intracellular calcium changes in mammalian mitosis)
• Conducted a university poster presentation following the project
CAMPUS FOR AGEING & VITALITY, NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY, UK , DATA ANALYST , SEPTEMBER-NOVEMBER 2012
• Conducted data analysis (statistical analysis) for the research study “Quantitative Neurodegenerative Pathology Does Not Explain the Degree of Hippocampal Atrophy on MRI in Degenerative Dementia”
NEWCASTLE BRAIN TISSUE RESOURCE, NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY, UK, MAY – JULY 2011
• Observed, assisted and handled the process of using brain tissues in multiple types of research
FUSION INCLUSION FESTIVAL, IMMIGRATION AND DIVERSITY ACTION TEAM, FUSION HALIFAX AUGUST – OCTOBER 2017
• Ensured efficient use of resources (included sourcing print materials and small equipment)
• Led community vendor activity during the festival and supervised about 25 vendor booths
SYRIA AWARENESS WEEK – DIRECTOR / HEAD OF EVENT, INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERITY, MAY-JULY 2015
• Lead a team of 40 volunteers and involved Syrian organizations to facilitate the event and raised money
• Held multiple events to raise funds that were donated to Save the Children of Syria
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AMBASSADOR, NEWCASTLE UNIVERISTY 2010-2013
• Attended as a representative of Newcastle university in multiple schools in India
• Handled events and answered questions for incoming students to Newcastle university
ROTARY CLUB – SECRETARY, CHINMAYA VIDYALAYA, 2009-2010
• Volunteered and organized events throughout the year for community and social services
• Organized events in special schools, orphanages, nursing homes
• Fundraised for a natural disaster that occurred in 2010 in Chennai
OTHER VOLUNTEERING POSITIONS:
• English tutor for Myanmar Refugee children in Malaysia
• Support group volunteer at Parkinson’s UK
• Team member in Mental Health Wellness Awareness Camp, Malaysia
• Fundraising for Sankalp School (school for children with autism), India
DOCTOR OF MEDICINE – DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY GRADUATING MAY 2019
BACHELOR OF PHYSIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (Hons.) – NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY 2010-2013
CBSE 12TH GRADE – CHINMAYA VIDYALAYA, INDIA 2010
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|