My methods include starting from very basic fundamental concepts and explaining them from the scratch with practically relevant examples which will give a student a very strong foundation in the concepts and further control over the subject. As the course progresses, more advanced and challenging problems will be introduced which I believe is necessary for every student to face to become confident.
I am an engineer with a bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering and currently pursuing masters in the same at The University of British Columbia, Canada. Being a mechanical engineer and with the experience of working in many projects, I have a very clear and detailed understanding of high school math and physics. I am also good with certain mechanical subjects like Thermodynamics and I.C. engines.
SAI PRATIK PENDLI
Mechanical Engineering Skills:
• Ansys Structural, Fluent, Cfx
• ICEM CFD
• Open FOAM
• CNC train V6
• MS word, excel
Academic program: Master of Engineering (M-Eng.) in Mechanical Engineering;
Anticipated date of graduation: May 2019.
Experimental study on Performance of a radiator Jan, 2016 – May, 2016
• Performed experiments on a setup mirroring the actual engine conditions.
• Researched on improving the efficiency of the radiator by using nano-particle (alumni oxide & copper oxide) based coolants.
• There was an overall improvement in heat transfer than the regular coolant by 4ºC.
Design and Analysis of an air intake system of a S.I. Engine Jan, 2015 – May, 2015
• Designed an air intake system of an S.I. Engine (FSAE car) in SOLIDWORKS.
• Analysed air intake using ANSYS fluent & worked on improving the efficiency for a limited intake.
Design and analysis of a Condenser Jul, 2014-Dec, 2014
• A condenser was designed in SOLIDWORKS and analysed on performance in ANSYS.
Brake Bleeding Machine Jan,2015 – May, 2015
• A brake bleeding machine mechanism was fabricated and tested.
• Brake bleeding machine eases the process of bleeding brakes. It is much efficient and saves a lot of time. This machine was used by SAE teams from my university.
Design of a four speed Constant Mesh Gear-box Jan,2015 – May, 2015
• Gear box calculations and structure diagrams for the four-speed constant mesh gearbox were designed. SOLIDWORKS was used for modelling.
• This modified design was compared to the original gearbox design in terms of power transmission.
Cubic Transmissions Pvt. Ltd. (Technical Internship) May, 2014- July, 2014
• Interned in industrial manufacturing of disc couplings, gear couplings & turbine hardware.
• These couplings were produced to thermal & nuclear power plants, marine, steel plants, cement, petroleum industries.
• In industry experience with CNC lathe, Jig boring, hardness testing, dynamic balancing, blackening, misalignments in coupling.
Accenture India Pvt. Ltd. (Non- technical) Mar, 2017- Sep, 2017
• Worked as an associate software engineer in an MNC, Accenture.
• Learned computer engineering skills like SQL, JAVA apart from the technical domain i.e. mechanical engineering.
• Worked as a tester, team member and a part of client communication.
The University of British Columbia(UBC), Okanagan, Canada. Expected: May, 2019
Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering.
Vellore Institute of Technology(VIT), Chennai, India. May, 2016
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering.
Awards and Certificates
Best project award Year 2014-15
• Received Best Project award in the subject of I.C. Engines for the project: “Design and Analysis of an air intake system of a S.I. Engine” at VIT University, Chennai.
AE1110x: Introduction to Aeronautical Engineering Jan, 2017
• Certified in an online course offered by TU Delft on edx.
Hypers301x: Hypersonics- from shock waves to scramjets Mar, 2017
• Certified in an online course offered by The University of Queensland on edx.
Engineering Student Teams
Team VEGA (VIT Chennai) Year 2014
• Member of the Power-Train department in an SAE Effi-cycle team.
• Designed power train of a three-wheeler vehicle for the SAE event.
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) 2013-2016
UBC Aero Club 2017- present
National Cadet Corps (NCC) India 2009-10
Activities and Interests
• Space documentaries
• Swimming (silver medal in district level swimming-year 2009)
• Playing Music
Perfect! It was great having Sai give my daughter a boost with some
I have known Sai for almost 6 years now, and can confidently recommend him for any level mathematics education without reservations. Sai's ability to connect with a student on a personal level makes him an effective and efficient teacher. Time and again I have found myself in deep discussions with him on advanced aerodynamics, SCRAM and hypersonic jets and his enthusiasm in mathematical modeling and designing is always unparalleled.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|