My teaching technique is very simple.
First, I ask the students which concepts aren't very clear and I start from there to make themselves start to feel confident about the subject.
Also, I find that using MindMaps to create diagrams really reinforces concepts and ideas so that they can stay in their long-term memory.
Further, I believe in 'learning by doing' policy, where I prepare a set of questions for the student to work on and ask them to use some of the concepts they have learned to solve them.
These are some of my go-to teaching methods for learning a subject or a topic well.
I am a PhD student at the Materials Engineering department in UBC.
I have done tutoring/teaching in India during my undergrad.
My teaching/tutoring experiences include :
- working with an online course, creating tutorials and answering participants questions on the course forum
- teaching grade 11 and 12 students and preparing for competitive exams
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada: Sept ’18 - Present
Doctor of Philosophy(PhD) in Materials Engineering
Project title: Modelling interfaces in metallic materials
Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India Aug ’13 - Jul ’18
Dual Degree (B.Tech & M.Tech) in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS/ AWARDS
• Cleared JEE-Mains and JEE-Advanced entrance exams to secure admission into IIT Madras, Top 0.7% of a total 1.2 million students
• Secured All India Rank 39 in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), 2017 in Metallurgical Engineering
• Maintained a consistent Grade Point Average(GPA) of over 9.0 over the last two semesters
• Won best poster award in the In-House Symposium conducted during May 2018 in IIT Madras for Dual-degree project
Teaching assistant(TA), MM2013: Structure of Materials Aug ’17 - Nov ’17
Course Faculty: Dr.Sreeram K. Kalpathy
· Helped undergraduate students to solve Problem set questions and discussed solutions in class
· Evaluated course assignments submitted by students
Teaching assistant(TA), NPTEL MOOC: Transport Phenomena in Materials Jan ’18 - Apr ’18
Course Faculty: Dr.Gandham Phanikumar
· Setup problem sets for each week to assess online course participants
· Provide solution sets for each week’s problem set
· Helped in framing questions for the final online exam
Perfect! Perfect Tutor, I got an A on a very rigorous Engineering class.
Good communication and was an active learner
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|