My first step when meeting a student is getting to know their background and learning more about their personal learning style. This allows me to tailor my future lessons to their specific strengths and needs. I teach by explaining concepts in-depth, and being available for my students outside of our allotted meeting time.
I am a grade 11 student with a 98% average. I volunteer as a peer tutor at school, and I am eager to help students outside of school as well. I have won numerous performance awards in mathematics and I am also a leader at the math club in my school. As the leader, I help prepare students for various national and provincial math contests.
DECA Top 18 overall in Ontario:
- Competed with over 120 other individuals. Developed stress-management and time-management skills before and during the exams and competitions. The process allowed me to learn to collaborate with my school chapter to help each other succeed.
Certificate of Distinction for the Gauss, Pascal, Cayley, CIMC contests, and the Lagrange Mathematics Contest:
- Achieved top twenty-five percent of contestants. Shows the ability to think critically to solve very complex math problems.
Math Club Leader:
- Help prepare students for provincial and national mathematics contests.
Certified in Level 8 Piano by the RCM:
- Completed all examinations in theory and practical sections to earn this certificate. Currently training for Level 10 piano examination.
Founder and President of school Chess Club:
- Develop leadership, collaboration, critical thinking skills. Initiate new training programs such as Chess Theory to prepare for regular tournaments.
Olivia was an amazing math teacher! She helped me understand all my school work, and she even allowed time to go into higher level material which I found really interesting. I recommend people of all levels to contact Olivia because she really inspired my passion for learning!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|