After years of learning about and experimenting with numerous approaches, methods and techniques, I have come to the realization that considering students' learning styles is far more important than which methods are adopted, particularly when teaching exam classes. This is exactly why evaluating my learners' competences, needs, wants and expectations will always be top priority for me.
I have an undergraduate degree in Teaching English as a Second Language, CELTA, and DELTA from the University of Cambridge. I have been actively teaching English and IELTS preparation courses pretty much all my professional life. I have also been trained as an IELTS examiner, with particular focus on the productive skills of SPEAKING AND WRITING.
• Functional, task-based, communicative and grammatical syllabus design
• Teacher recruitment, observation and feedback
• Administration and delivery of training courses
• Needs analysis and diagnostic testing
• Summative and formative assessment
• Teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP), and for Specific Purposes (EAP)
• Teaching exam preparation (IELTS)
• Teaching general English (A2-C2)
• Developing IELTS learner/teaching materials
• Assessing IELTS speaking and writing skills
MAY 2009 – PRESENT
Exam Teacher / Self-employed, Online
• Prepare candidates for high-stakes exams (IELTS and Cambridge exams) by introducing exam techniques, developing self-study strategies and alleviating stress resulting from external forces
• Develop tailor-made exam preparation courses to promote the development of exam skills
• Provide regular feedback on both receptive and productive skills
• Coached and prepared 3000+ candidates to sit the IELTS exam across the Middle East and Asia
• Enhanced the performance of 1000+ IELTS candidates by 1-3 band scores
• Created and developed IELTS instructional material for 10+ language academies in Iran
MAY 2015 – SEP 2019
Director of Studies / Goldis Language Academy, Tehran
• Developed exam preparation courses for IELTS, FCE, CAE and TOEFL
• Adapted and developed syllabi for the Interchange, Passages and Top Notch series
• Administered 30-hour teacher training courses for existing teachers
• Observed teaching practices and provided feedback through performance reviews and appraisals
• Recruited teachers through a 3-stage screening process
• Conducted placement, diagnostic, and oral exams of 100+ students weekly
• Administrated needs analysis to evaluate learner needs, wants, expectations and learning styles
• Increased overall student and teacher retention rates by 50% and 30% respectively (2017-2019)
• Recruited and trained 100+ teachers and improved teacher performance by 75% (2018)
• Pioneered the academy’s first IELTS department by developing content, material and progress tests
• Created a novel exam teaching method integrating strategies with daily communicative tasks
APR 2009 – MAY 2015
Instructor / Goldis Language Academy, Tehran
• Taught A2-C2 general English and discussion courses with extremely high retention (95%)
• Awarded head teacher with the highest student retention and satisfaction (2013-2015)
DEC 2018 – AUG 2019
Lecturer / University of Science and Technology, Tehran
• Led 40+ academic writing workshops for the teaching staff
NOV 2012 – OCT 2014
Course Developer / Homapour Language House, Tehran
• Designed IELTS preparation courses for teachers in 6 branches
• Introduced exam preparation strategies by holding 20+ seminars across Iran, resulting in over 400 new course registrations
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Post-graduate Diploma (DELTA) / University of Cambridge
• DELTA module 1: understanding language, methodology and resources for teaching – pass
• DELTA module 2: developing professional practice – pending
• DELTA module 3: extending practice and ELT specialism – pass with merit (article)
BA in TESOL / Islamic Azad University Arak Branch
• 120 credit hours – pass A-
Train the Trainer / National Organization for Education
• Part 1: methodologies and approaches in English Language Teaching (ELT) – pass with merit
• Part 2: providing constructive feedback – pass with distinction
Certificate (CELTA) / University of Cambridge
• 120-hour Certificate course in English Language Teaching to Adults – pass with B
Being a teacher is not easy. I’m really happy to have connected with him for 5 years. He spent a lot of time to teaching us and also he was patient. I really enjoyed his class and his class was fund and I learned a lot from him. I will remember the academic lesson that you have taught me. Thank you for everything
Sean is the most conscientious language teacher that I have ever had. He improves your level and keeps it up by following certain rules of teaching. He is a wonderfully patient, well-tempered and inspiring teacher.
I highly recommend Sean as an IELTS teacher.I have had the pleasure of being his student and I was receptionist in an English language institute simultaneously as a part time job.he is a driven,organized teacher who develops inspiring relationship with his students.
I had seen a lot of students who were disappointed with their IElTS exam results but their results were changed by his newest method of teaching.
He was famous for teaching IElTS in the most simple way to comprehend.
I used to be Sean's student in 2016 for IELTS preparation class and he helped me to get the score I wanted in three months.He is a professional, experienced and certified teacher who is quite clear with everything and always prepared with an adjusted lesson plan for every session. As a student you might always worry about whether to trust a teacher or not whether he will help you or waste your time. Sean is absolutely the one you should trust because he knows what he is doing in the class and he is supportive enough to assist you in academical challenges while getting prepared for the exam.
Sean was my IELTS teacher, before his class, my overall score was 6 and each skill 6 and under 6. After his class I got overall 7, listening 7.5, speaking 7 and writing 6. He was the best teacher I have ever had. I had other IELTS teachers but Sean's teaching style is unique.
Sean was my teacher in IELTS exam preparation course in 2019. He was so amazing, active, patient and dedicated that we never felt tired and missed any details in the classroom. He always had good command and was able to make effective communication with us. He give you any useful tips which you need in IELTS exam. He will provide you with many useful tips that you desperately need to be successful in the IELTS exam, which is why I would highly recommend him to all IELTS candidates.
Frankly, I have always been a lazy student, he made me to change. He pushes students to catch their goals and he helped all by his professional technics beside reviwing all basic steps and rules. If you really need to get through English while you are getting disapointed, trust me and take him as the best one.
I would work with Sean in the same English teaching school ;located in Tehran,Iran.
I have always found him honest,hardworking,loyal and punctual.
Based on our experience together,I can confidently recommend him as a great teacher.
Sean is very precise in discoloring your weaknesses and offering great solutions to you. I really like the creative methods and techniques he develop tailored to each student's needs and characteristic to improve their skills. His methods have nothing to do with boring and ineffective traditional methods of Language learning. He is very patient, dedicated, and supportive of his students. And defenitely one of his most important strengths is being a native English speaker who has studied English education.
He is the only teacher who never forgets students strengths and weaknesses so based on those help them enhance their learning , he is patient , punctual and extremely knowledgeable , something that always have drown my attention is that his classes are fun and smooth but students are kind of afraid of not having their assignments done or not revising the materials constantly.
He is the best expert teacher and tutor , however like a down to earth friend takes your back .
I can't say how much I adore him .
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|