Through my experience as a tutor, I've come across many different types of students that all required different methods of teaching. However, one common method that I use is teaching through analogies that the student can understand and can apply in mathematical scenarios. I approach subjects in a structural manner and develop basic skills first that can be applied further on in more difficult questions. The last and most important thing I maintain in my lessons is making sure that students don't feel overwhelmed and enjoy learning.
I've worked as an tutor for about 2 years and have prepared detailed lesson plans for one-on-one sessions for students of various ages. Through this experience, I've maintained professionalism and successfully tutored students by assisting them with schoolwork, filling in learning gaps, and also teaching above the curriculum or to whatever the parent required. As an academic-oriented student myself, I'm familiar with the teaching method.
● fluent in English, working knowledge in French
● 2+ experience with working with kids
● leadership experience with a group of students
● energetic, fun, friendly attitude
● certificate of Acknowledgment from Safe City Mississauga Tutoring
● 96% math average in Grade 9 and 10; 98% math exam average
● overall 93% average
● tutored kids from K-5 weekly in the subjects Math, English, French, and Science
● dealt with children in various different difficult situations
● solved issues quickly in organized school club events
● organized various events for clubs through the school year
● created detailed lesson plans to improve skills of various students involved in a tutoring program
● organized itineraries for various school club meetings, team practices, and sports meets
● developed professionalism and communication skills through speaking with students' parents
● successfully simplified difficult subjects to adhere to students' understanding
● understanding of the professional workplace and attitude
Volunteer Tutor Aspire Tutoring | Mississauga | February 2018-present
General Volunteer CIBC Run For The Cure | Brampton | September 2018
Safe City Volunteer Safe City Mississauga| Mississauga| June 2018
Working toward O.S.S.D| John Fraser Secondary School, Mississauga, ON |Sep.2017- current
References available upon request
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|