My teaching method focuses on inspiring my students to create connections between subjects, themes, and concepts. For example, encouraging my student to take historical concepts and attribute them to their current situation. Classes are available for seventh grade to fourth year students.
What does the study of history, sociology, and reading comprehension have in common? You and I! History is more than memorizing dates and names--it is making connections to everything and anything. History is everywhere, are you ready to find it?
Tutor rate is a flat charge. Any proofreading and editing will be an additional fee of $5, with an additional $2 per page for every work above 4 pages. Must give 2 hours notice, or else $10 cancellation fee after the first cancellation.
• Bachelor of Arts, Major in History, University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge AB
September 2015-April 2020
- Undergraduate Honours Thesis 2019-2020
- Dean’s List Recipient Fall 2017/Spring 2019
- Related Skills:
Extensive experience with and knowledge of research databases, with special skills in finding primary and unique sources
Knowledge and awareness of the Indigenous community, histories, traditions, cultural protocols, and contemporary issues
Particular interest and passion for Canadian history, with special focus on the settlement of the West, and World War Two and Postwar Canada, 1939-1965
Extensive experience in American history, including but not limited to the settlement of the West, the South, the Civil War, slavery, World War Two and the Civil Rights Era
Specialized interest in art history, such as analyzing portraits, paintings, and their meaning to history
Extreme passion for studying popular culture, focusing on film, literature, fashion, and music
Experience with and passion for studying the history of women, sexuality, and motherhood
Additional interest in the history of land settlement, religion, Early Modern Witchcraft
Highly developed written skills, including writing essays, research papers, and proposals; grammar skills; sentence structure; proofreading; editing; and citation
• Vice President External
University of Lethbridge Students’ Union, Lethbridge, AB
May 2019-April 2020
- Experience in relationship building with stakeholders, particularly with the provincial government
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in creating, editing, and proofreading written communications, with an emphasis on championing the intent and integrity of the organization
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, particularly under strict timelines
- Took leadership roles on media relations and messaging documents, including media interviews, press releases, and internal reports
- Worked independently and as part of a team
- Contributed to a professional work environment
- Supported the Students’ Union by hosting, attending, and volunteering at special events
• Vice Chair
Council of Alberta University Students, Lethbridge/Edmonton, AB
May 2019-May 2020
- Responsible for providing leadership to delegates and creating a team environment
- Skilled in market research and analyzing public policy in order to create relevant content creation
- Involved in creating a social media strategy as well as handling public relations and delivering proactive stories to the general public
• Elementary School Theatre Assistant
Viking School, Viking AB
October 2013-May 2015
- Taught students new and exciting ways to learn their lines
- Helped students create connections between their script and the real world in order to facilitate a stronger learning environment
- Focused on building relationships with teachers in order to provide an empowering environment for students
CERTIFICATIONS AND AWARDS
• History and Heroes Foundation Award, 2018
• Jason Lang Scholarship, 2017-2018
• Student Leaders Orientation Conference, June 2019
• Cultural competency training (blanket exercise), May 2019
Academic references and writing samples available on request.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest political science lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sociology lessons for all!
Taking social science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$16|