***Considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, I'm fully available to provide online tutoring for students in different subjects. Please do reach out for further details.****
My teaching/tutoring method is to first identify my student's weak points and then thoroughly work on them to convert them into their strengths. I highly motivate my students to develop their own learning interests and critical thinking in order to establish a learner-centered environment in my classes.
Learning process is different for each student so I always tailor my teaching method to what best suits each of my students or a majority of them in group sessions. My commitment and approach to teaching have been rewarded with the highest teaching evaluations a tutor/teacher can receive in an institution particularly dedicated to outstanding teaching. I was consistently among the top 10% of all lecturers, assistant professors, tutors, teachers and instructors at university and school. My main goal is to help my students enjoy learning and understanding concepts deeply instead of just memorizing them.
***I am very confident that my commitment to school, college and university education and over 12 years of exceptional experience teaching various courses of Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science and Math to a wide range of international school, college and university students makes me a terrific fit for becoming your tutor and helping you flourish in your different Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science and Math courses tremendously to achieve the HIGHEST GRADES.
****I can assure you that learning with me is going to be so much fun for you in a way that you will never get bored in my classes and will learn your subjects in a very active and friendly environment. You can definitely count on me. Please do feel free to get in touch with me today to show you how I can help you reach your academic goals.
*********Welcome to my classes!!!**********
I am a Doctorate (Ph.D.) holder in Chemical/Polymer Engineering with over 12 years of successful experience teaching/lecturing and tutoring various Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science and Math courses to a diverse range of international school, college and university students in a variety of disciplines and classrooms.
I passionately started tutoring Chemistry, Physics, Math and English to both school and university/college students when I was at my final year of Bachelor's of Engineering and continued/developed it all throughout my Master's and then my Ph.D. and beyond that.
I have taught all abovementioned subjects PLUS a wide variety of technical Chemical Engineering and Polymer Engineering courses from first-year engineering subjects to advanced Chemical and Polymer Engineering courses at the Department of Chemical Engineering to classes with more than 100 international students and also assisted them to pass their courses with the most excellent grades. I also was an experienced professional trainer in different chemical/polymer engineering courses in oil and gas industry as well. Teaching has been always so intriguing, rewarding and enjoyable for me and thankfully my students have been getting best grades so far.
*** I teach Advanced University Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering and Polymer Science Courses such as Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Polymer Synthesis, Polymer Processing, Principles of Polymerization Engineering, Plastic Engineering, Elastomer Engineering and many more at a higher rate ($55 CAD per hour)
Rate for 5 hours of lessons : $160
Rate for 10 hours of lessons : $310
Rate for 20 hours of lessons : $620 (Highly Discounted)
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS and ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) degree in Chemical/Materials (Polymer) Engineering with good publications in ISI journals
- More than 12 years lecturing, teaching and tutoring a wide variety of subjects including Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, Advanced Chemical Engineering, and Advanced Polymer Engineering/Science subjects and many more to a diverse range of international school, college, undergraduate, and postgraduate university students at different grades
- Ability to adapt to individual student needs and learning styles
- Over 7 years of outstanding experience supervising and leading B.Eng. and M.Eng. chemical engineering students in their different research projects
- Over 11 years of extensive research experience in the oil and gas industry, university and R&D department
- 6 years of different management and leadership roles in industry
- Invented a novel type of very selective polymer membranes for CO2 separation from natural gas
- Experienced professional trainer in different polymer/chemical engineering courses in oil and gas industry
- Top student in all studies during Ph.D., M.Eng., and B.Eng. and was awarded FULL scholarship
- Youngest Ph.D. student among all batch mates / started university 2 years earlier than other peers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills gained through previous vast successful and superb experience working with different groups of people in various roles. Proven ability of accomplishing strategic goals
- Great time management skills with diligent and hardworking personality. Always willing to learn and have impeccable attention to detail/detail-oriented
- Team-worker, proactive, problem-solver, highly adaptable, time-manager, diligent, decision-maker
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities by being accurate, resourceful, responsible and resilient. Able to effectively multi-task
- Fluent in English (IELTS overall band score 8.0) and Persian; Moderate in French, Arabic and Spanish
- Strong computer, Microsoft Office and typing skills; tech savvy and familiar with software programs such as Matlab, AutoCAD, and ANSYS
Research & Administrative Specialist, Vancouver Aquarium, Vancouver, BC 2020 – Present
Reviewer for Journal of Physical Science 2019 – Present
English Tutor for students with barriers to learning, 2018 - 2019
IELTS Tutor 2008 - 2010
Technical Author of some social articles 2007 - 2008
I learnt Chemistry and some Chemical Engineering subjects from Marjan. She is a very professional, dedicated and patient teacher. You can ask her as many questions as you want and she patiently answers and explains all of them to you in detail. With her teachings, I could increase my grades a lot. If you want a deep understanding of your subjects, go ahead and choose Marjan as your teacher. BEST CHOICE EVER!!!
Marjan is teaching me English currently and I can comfortably say that she is the best teacher I've ever had. She is very knowledgeable, patient, motivating and super helpful. She has turned me into a very confident, fluent, and accurate English speaker while before having classes with her, I was very unconfident to speak English and was always running away from interacting with my native classmates. I definitely recommend Marjan to you. You WILL NOT regret your choice of her being your teacher.
I feel so lucky to have Marjan teaching me different polymer and chemical engineering subjects. I have been learning more from her than my university classes. She always explains difficult concepts very simply in a way that you understand it fully instead of just memorizing it. She puts all her heart into teaching. With her help, I've got the best grades. Without a doubt, I confidently recommend Marjan to you.
Marjan's ability to connect with her students and her talent at teaching simple concepts, as well as more advanced topics, are both truly superior. She taught me some subjects such as Math, English, Chemistry and Physics and I can definitely say that she was truly wonderful. Another great thing about her is that she never gives up on you and patiently makes sure you learn everything perfectly. I strongly recommend Marjan to you without any reservations.
Marjan taught so many great things about chemistry and math to me. I learnt a lot from her. She is very patient and knowledgeable and explains to you completely until you capture the concept. I highly recommend her to all students aspiring to learn better and deeper.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$33|