I believe that each student has a different understanding and starting points for a subject. To make sure every student understands what is being taught, I make sure I identify the current understanding about the subject and then help him or her personally to drive a steep learning curve.
I am an engineer currently pursuing M.B.A in Ottawa. I have 4 years of full-time work experience in Mining and Hospitality industry. I have been teaching in an NGO in India. My students admire me because I am able to relate a monotonous subject such as mathematics with the practical scenarios.
I can offer group rates upon request
● MBA student with 3 years of experience in mining operations and 1 year of experience in the hospitality sector
● Expertise in business development, operations management, process improvement, and managing and motivating large teams
● Fluently trilingual in English, Hindi and Punjabi
Operations Head, OYO, Goa, India 2017 – 2018
● As part of 10-member team. launched a new business vertical: OYO Home, a budget home stay for travelers offering a local flavor
● Specified the operations architecture, including organizational structure, roles and responsibilities, day-to-day processes and continuous improvement processes
● Hired, trained and managed a team of over 35 associates and 60 employees to deliver an exemplary guest experience with an NPS of 51%, and average monthly revenue of CAD 800,000
● Scaled up operations from 120 to over 1400 rooms in GOA, India’s biggest hospitality leisure destination
Operations Manager, Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, India 2014 – 2017
● Member of the leadership responsible for the planning, production, quality, safety and budget forecasting for a 0.37 MT underground coal mine and a 2.5 MT opencast coal mine. Managed over 100 employees to ensure targeted coal production
● Identified and implemented DMAIC projects in coal mines, leading to improvement in production and quality of extracted coal. Designed and implemented the ‘Daily Management’ framework in the coal mines to improve operational KPIs
● Member of the IT-Steering Committee, responsible for identifying and implementing digitization projects in the Mines division
Inspire – Summer Intern, Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, India 2013 – 2013
• Studied operational delays in an iron mine and suggested counter measures to increase operational efficiency
Master of Business Administration 2018 – Present
Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
• GMAT score – 650
Bachelor of Technology, Mining Engineering 2014
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad, India
AFFILIATIONS / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
● Certified Internal Auditor, Integrated Management System, IRCLASS 2017
● Recognized for participation in Business Case competition, Tata Business Leadership Awards 2015
● Volunteer, TSRDS (Tata Steel Rural Development Society) and Kartavya (IIT(ISM) Dhanbad) 2011-2017
● Arduous traveller and trekker. Summited 3 peaks and completed Mt. Everest Base Camp expedition
As a current MBA colleague and an old friend, I have known Sidharth for last 4 years. His commitment to teaching Mathematics is unmatched as he is always willing to go all the extra miles to ensure his student has understood. Moreover, he is a compassionate person and thus the students always have a great time learning from him. I strongly recommend to try out Sidharth's free lesson.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$65||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$320||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$600||$200|