I am currently a Masters student and I have given lessons to students in middle school and high school, in addition to young professionals. My methodology depends on the needs and goals of each student, but generally I start with basic writing/speaking/listening samples to gauge the weaknesses and strengths of the student. I then cater lessons towards improving each weakness. Lessons include an explanation of a concept, followed by combinations of written and verbal exercises.
I have given English and writing lessons around the world for the past four years while studying and working abroad. My students of different nationalities, ages, and grade levels have improved academic and professional writing, speaking, and listening skills. As a current masters student I am constantly striving to improve my writing and hope to inspire others' writing as well!
If you do not cancel 24 hrs in advance, you will be charged for the hour of scheduled tutoring.
Lund University, Lund, Sweden August 2017 - May 2019
• Candidate for Master of Science in International Development and Management
• Courses: Qualitative & Quantitative Research Methods, Global Public Health, Rural and Urban Development & Livelihoods, Sustainable Development & Natural Resource Management, Development Organizations & Program Management
Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina, USA May 2014
• Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies, Minor in Anthropology
• Overall GPA: 3.7
• Courses: Development & Sustainability, Water & Development, Human Ecology, Environmental Social Science, Environmental Science, Ecology, Imaging the Earth (ArcGIS), Human Geography, Urban Geography
• Honors Thesis: Conducted independent research in Washington D.C. to analyze the urban political ecology of food insecurity
SIT International Honors Program: Cities in the 21st C, India, Senegal, Argentina Spring 2013
• Researched barriers to food access through personal interviews with local people in Delhi, Dakar, and Buenos Aires
• Courses: Politics & Development, Culture & Society, Urban Planning & Sustainable Development
Admissions Assistant, Blair Academy, NJ, USA January - July 2017
• Assisted Director of Admissions in processing prospective student applications
• Communicated with students and parents regarding application process
Administrative Assistant, The Rwanda School Project / Rwamagana Lutheran School, Rwanda August 2015 - Dec 2016
• Researched grants and funds for The Rwanda School Project’s initiatives and programs
• Updated and analyzed donor database using NonProfitEasy
• Photographed, filmed, and publicized school events and activities through social media outlets and the RSP website
• Created content for school newsletters, the website, and outreach publications
• Assisted school founder in creating monitoring and evaluation strategies and reporting to major donors
• Researched and partnered with higher education institutions on behalf of senior students of Rwamagana Lutheran School and assisted seniors in scholarship and application process
• Supported founder, administration, and board in any administrative and organizational tasks
Communications & Fundraising Assistant, People Improving Communities through Organizing-Rwanda March - Dec 2016
• Researched new donors and completed write-ups of potential grantors for the grant writing process
• Photographed, filmed, and created video clips highlighting PICO’s projects through field interviews and interaction with community members in rural Rwanda
• Created communications materials for fundraising engagement and local partnership development
• Implemented communications strategy through website development and use of social media outlets
• Prepared reports for donors, the Rwandan government, and PICO-International
Princeton in Africa Fellow, Rwanda July 2014 - June 2015
• Developed environmental studies curriculum for high school students at Rwamagana Lutheran School
• Supported teachers in incorporating environmental lessons and values in classes and extracurricular activities
• Networked and partnered with government agencies and local NGOs related to sustainability and environmental education
• Photographed and publicized school activities through Facebook outreach and collaboration with student sponsorship program
• Planned and organized ten day trip for American high school students to visit Rwanda and exchange with RLS students
• Researched, organized, and provided university informational materials for prospective students
Additional Skills: Microsoft Office, SPSS, ArcGIS, Raiser’s Edge, NonProfitEasy, WordPress, Adobe PhotoShop, FinalCut Pro
Languages: English (mother tongue), Spanish (intermediate), Kinyarwanda (elementary)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, resume / cover letter writing prep lessons for all!
Taking dissertation and thesis writing preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$33|