I believe in structured learning and will break the whole concept down for you to understand better. Focusing on a sound foundation, I work on giving my students the skill so they become independent learners. All my lessons are learning-objective based.
I have been an after school tutor for past 14 years. An array of my students included schoolers and undergraduates, coming over for academic help in Math and English. I have taught a variety of curricula like IB,IGCSE(UK), ICSE, CBSE and Common Core (US), apart from the English proficiency exams like IELTS.
Rates as per student's level
Very affordable monthly packages
• Over 8 years of teaching in ESL/IELTS and EFL industry
• BSc., Bed., MSc., TESOL
• Curriculum development, Online teaching, Lesson planning
• Trained to implement Alberta Education under the Golden Hills Powerful Learning model
• IELTS score: Academic- overall 8/9 General- overall 8.5/9
ESL Teacher June 2019-August 2019
ILSC Education Group Summer Camp at UBC, Vancouver, BC
• Planned lessons and resource based on learning objectives while incorporating hands-on activities, to make learning more interactive.
• Taught students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, shop and field studies
• Prepared, administered and marked tests and papers to evaluate students' level and progress
• Led discussion groups and seminars
• Conducted course and program evaluation or review
• Advised students on program curricula and career decisions
• Delivered lectures and presentations
English Language Arts classroom & pullout teacher Aug 2017- May 2019
Self Development Academy, Phoenix, Arizona, US
• Synthesized the teaching methodologies from the training sessions and devised variety of lessons and summarized the student performance during formative assessment to direct future instruction
• Conceptualized the reading and writing lessons to make them easy to follow while planning the curriculum in a way that learning of one small thing led to the other.
• Integrated 21st century learning skills in the lessons and also updated the weekly performance of the students for the formative analysis.
• Provided students with diagnostic feedback and encouraged them to work on the gray areas
English Teacher for international curriculum March 2013- Aug 2017
Cambridge International Schools, Punjab, INDIA
• Prepared the IGCSE & IB students for English language exams through lessons around a succession of learning objectives.
• Maintained record of student performance and discussed their progress with staff and parents.
• As a coordinator, ensured the exam was conducted in accordance with the guidelines from CIE and IB.
• Coordinated teacher instruction, resources and planned orientations for students and parents.
• Ordered books and resources for smooth delivery of curriculum.
• Provided examiner feedback reports to teachers for review, and appointed team members to work in collaboration towards achievement of goals.
• Oversaw examination conduct and inspections.
• Trained to prepare students for IELTS and Cambridge Main Suite exams such as KET, PET, FCE and CAE.
Private tutoring (online/offline) 2008- present
Tutoring students and adults for IELTS, CELPIP, CLB-PT, English courses and math.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
CLB Bootcamp Training Certificate 2020
Maximizing the CLB Support Kit 2020
Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks, Canada
CELPIP Instructor Training Level I 2019
Paragon Testing Enterprise, BC
British Study Centers, Manchester, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Education (Teaching of English and Math) 2013-2015
JMI University, INDIA
Master of Science (I.T.) 2008-2010
Guru Nanak Dev University, INDIA
Bachelor of Education 2005-2008
Guru Nanak Dev University, INDIA
• Awarded by BRITISH COUNCIL, for supporting integration of international learning in the curriculum (International School Award 2014-17)
• Resource person for extension lecture on Academic Planning at S.B.B.S. Sen. Sec. School, Rasulpur, Tarn Taran (distt. Amritsar)
• Awarded G.D. Dua Gold Medal for being “Outstanding Student” at college level
• Held 17 different offices in Student Council including Joint Head Girl, Secretary, class representative, Student editor etc.
Shagun is such a caring person, till the day of our test she was soo supportive and I would honestly recommend her to everyone. She makes every individual feel so confident.
Shagun is a very intelligent and caring person. I enjoyed studying from her. She is so well spoken and I am happy I got to learn from her. I would recommend her to everyone who needs help with English.
She is an Experienced and highly qualified and professional English Instructor
glad that I was got a chance to study from miss. Shagun best teacher for ESL classes, IELTS etc.
She is very kind and polite. Her way of teaching is remarkable. She explain each and everything in detail which is easy to understand. Her vocabulary and grammer is extraordinary. Above all she is very hardworking and dedicated towards her work.
You helped me in my IELTS exam. With your guidance, got very good bands in really short time. Your tips worked in my exam. I was able to get required bands. Hope you teach the same way for long.
“A good teacher can inspire hope; ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning“
Shagun is the best teacher . She is very polite , nice and confident. Her way of teaching is awesome . I will highly recommend to everyone if you want to learn english language.Don’t wait go and start classes now
Mam you’re doing a wonderful job, as per my first experience for individual virtual classes it’s really been a amazing learning experience. I’m so grateful the way you explain me and much conscious for my receptivity too.
I really recommend with all my heart.
Thanks for supporting me and keeping me involved.
It is a great pleasure to recommend Shagun as an IELTS teacher, she is one of the most exceptional teachers I ever encountered. Her advanced skills and knowledge for teaching IELTS help her students achieved their band score. Most of all she is easy going and approachable.
Excellent and knowledgeable Ielts teacher.Shagun helps me a lot to develop my skills in preparation for my exam and also, She knows what she is doing and will support you keep up for whatever ability you are lacking.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest homework help lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, academic coaching lessons for all!
Taking methodology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$15||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||$70||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||$130||Not available||$200|