I believe in structured learning and will break the whole concept down for you to understand better. Focusing on a sound foundation, I work on giving my students the skill so they become independent learners. All my lessons are learning-objective based.
One of our best! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and responds during the day. SHAGUN will plan your first lesson with care.
I have been an after school tutor for past 14 years. An array of my students included schoolers and undergraduates, coming over for academic help in Math and English. I have taught a variety of curricula like IB,IGCSE(UK), ICSE, CBSE and Common Core (US), apart from the English proficiency exams like IELTS.
Rates as per student's level
Very affordable monthly packages
• Over 8 years of teaching in ESL/IELTS and EFL industry
• BSc., Bed., MSc., TESOL
• Curriculum development, Online teaching, Lesson planning
• Trained to implement Alberta Education under the Golden Hills Powerful Learning model
• IELTS score: Academic- overall 8/9 General- overall 8.5/9
ESL Teacher June 2019-August 2019
ILSC Education Group Summer Camp at UBC, Vancouver, BC
• Planned lessons and resource based on learning objectives while incorporating hands-on activities, to make learning more interactive.
• Taught students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, shop and field studies
• Prepared, administered and marked tests and papers to evaluate students' level and progress
• Led discussion groups and seminars
• Conducted course and program evaluation or review
• Advised students on program curricula and career decisions
• Delivered lectures and presentations
English Language Arts classroom & pullout teacher Aug 2017- May 2019
Self Development Academy, Phoenix, Arizona, US
• Synthesized the teaching methodologies from the training sessions and devised variety of lessons and summarized the student performance during formative assessment to direct future instruction
• Conceptualized the reading and writing lessons to make them easy to follow while planning the curriculum in a way that learning of one small thing led to the other.
• Integrated 21st century learning skills in the lessons and also updated the weekly performance of the students for the formative analysis.
• Provided students with diagnostic feedback and encouraged them to work on the gray areas
English Teacher for international curriculum March 2013- Aug 2017
Cambridge International Schools, Punjab, INDIA
• Prepared the IGCSE & IB students for English language exams through lessons around a succession of learning objectives.
• Maintained record of student performance and discussed their progress with staff and parents.
• As a coordinator, ensured the exam was conducted in accordance with the guidelines from CIE and IB.
• Coordinated teacher instruction, resources and planned orientations for students and parents.
• Ordered books and resources for smooth delivery of curriculum.
• Provided examiner feedback reports to teachers for review, and appointed team members to work in collaboration towards achievement of goals.
• Oversaw examination conduct and inspections.
• Trained to prepare students for IELTS and Cambridge Main Suite exams such as KET, PET, FCE and CAE.
Private tutoring (online/offline) 2008- present
Tutoring students and adults for IELTS, CELPIP, CLB-PT, English courses and math.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
CLB Bootcamp Training Certificate 2020
Maximizing the CLB Support Kit 2020
Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks, Canada
CELPIP Instructor Training Level I 2019
Paragon Testing Enterprise, BC
British Study Centers, Manchester, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Education (Teaching of English and Math) 2013-2015
JMI University, INDIA
Master of Science (I.T.) 2008-2010
Guru Nanak Dev University, INDIA
Bachelor of Education 2005-2008
Guru Nanak Dev University, INDIA
• Awarded by BRITISH COUNCIL, for supporting integration of international learning in the curriculum (International School Award 2014-17)
• Resource person for extension lecture on Academic Planning at S.B.B.S. Sen. Sec. School, Rasulpur, Tarn Taran (distt. Amritsar)
• Awarded G.D. Dua Gold Medal for being “Outstanding Student” at college level
• Held 17 different offices in Student Council including Joint Head Girl, Secretary, class representative, Student editor etc.
Shagun is one of the best tutors. She uses positive enforcements to make you feel confident about your skills.she is fairly easy to talk to and she makes sure that yours goals are met.I definitely recommend ,she knows her job.Thanks Shagun
I am so happy and lucky to have you as my tutor, who explains so well and cares whether I am understanding the material. I love your style of tutoring for involving me through participatory discussion on the subject matter. Though we are a thousand miles away I feel as if I am in a practical class. Thank you for making me indulging my course material
Shagun knows the techniques for IELTS and she is very flexible and accommodating. Provides extra materials and guides at every step.Shagun is experienced and her teaching strategies are fruitful.Highly recommend Shagun .
Shagun’s manner of teaching is so wonderful and refreshing!! She’s patient and supportive but really knows how to motivate her students. She’s great at building confidence and activities that improve conversation, writing, and reading skills.
She helped me with my IELTS that contributed to my success to score more than my academic requirements. I would highly recommend!
As my experience shagun helped me alot in my study
She is really good teacher beside that good adviser
If anyone wants to get good marks in their study
Shagun is really best teacher
Shagun is a trustworthy teacher because she is a well read and well educated teacher. She always understands her students psychologically and I highly recommend her for teaching.
Having attended multiple IELTS schools across the lower mainland, I can truly say that Shagun offers the best classes. In one week she was able to teach me important and useful information that I had never been taught before. Overall, Shagun is an amazing teacher and I highly recommend her lessons. Definitely life-changing!
I’ve attended her classes for 4-5 months now and I have to say by far the most patient, empathetic, and the most understanding teacher i’ve ever met. She really understands what you’re struggling with and she never gets mad about it. Instead, she works with you to make it better and she comes up with new strategies that you’re comfortable with. She’s definitely a pleasure to work with and someone you would want to know in your lifetime.
I really think Shagun is the best teacher. she helped me a lot. she introduced me to a lot of new words. My English had improved, also she always encourages me and built my confidence.
Shagun is an excellent teacher who understands children’s strength and weakness. She helped my son’s to improve his writing skills and comprehension. After my son’s followed this class with shagun I’m so happy to say I get many positive comments from the class teacher in school about his growth. I take this opportunity to thank shagun for her excellent service towards my son.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest homework help lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, academic coaching lessons for all!
Taking methodology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$15||Not available||$15|
|5 hours||$70||Not available||$75|
|10 hours||$130||Not available||$150|