I would start by going over the basics and learning what you know. We would start with your knife skills and start by teaching you common cuts such as a julienne or brunoise. From knife skills we would work towards sauces and go over the mother sauces. From there I would ask what you would like to learn, culinary has many aspects to it so I would be interested to know exactly what you would like to achieve from me teaching you. If you were to say general knowledge I would be teaching you common dishes and soups you would find in most restaurants and techniques you could learn to develop your own dishes.
I am a cook with 11 years experience working in a variety of styled kitchens from fine dining to pub food. I have worked under a unique variety of chefs so I have a grasp of most cuisines. I was trained in school in for traditional french style cuisine and plating techniques. I do also have an understanding of butchering and a base knowledge of baking.
Journeyman in Cullinary at SAIT - Calgary, AB 2017
Undergrad in New Media at University of Lethbridge - Lethbridge, AB 2012
First Cook/Relief Cook at Beach Fires - January 2018 to Current
• Handled day to day operation with some ordering
• In charge of line, daily required prep
• Covering shifts whenever needed
Prep Cook/Catering Cook at Modern Cafe/2chefs Affair - August 2017 to December 2017
• Preped Lunch and Dinner service
• Created Lunch Specials daily
• Preped, cooked and served catering events
Banquet Cook at Calgary Zoo - May 2016 to July 2017
• Preped food for mutiple functions for hundreds of guests
• Ran kitchen for events such as weddings and corporate events
• Buffet style event and plated events
First Cook at Manor Village at Rocky Ridge - November 2014 to May 2016
• Created menus on a daily basis
• Meals done by scratch daily for 100 people
• Ran the breakfest and dinner line
Line Cook at Original Joes - June 2014 to November 2014
• Hot side/Plating/Closing
• Dealt with large flow of orders
• Handling raw food while maintaining food safety standards
Kitchen Manager at Two Guys and a Pizza Place - October 2012 to March 2013
• Create restaurant quality food at fast food speeds
• Presentation of food standards
• Pivot/Line Cook/Prep Cook/Salads and Deserts/Plate Design
• Customer service/satisfaction
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest traditional cooking lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, food art lessons for all!
Taking french cuisine lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$23||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$21||Not available|