My teaching methods specifically depend on the athletes and the sport I coach. Every athlete learns effectively in a specific and unique way. It is my job and responsibility as a coach and educator to get to know and understand the athletes, what they wish to improve in their sport, how they prefer to be taught, i.e. teaching approach. Therefore, I have a very flexible coaching style that differs based on the specific needs of every team/athlete.
I try to give as much positive and constructive feedback as possible, however for me it is important to allow the athletes time to execute drills and perform their sport skills in order for them to develop the autonomy to resolve their own mistakes by emphasizing decision-making.
I use a lot of questioning feedback techniques to my athletes in order to put them in context about their performance. This allows them to develop adequate problem-solving skills and creativity.
I am a recent graduate of the University of Ottawa with an Honors Bachelor of Human Kinetics with specialization in social sciences, coaching and teaching.
My studies during my honor's bachelor degree program include learning the concepts of effective coaching, teaching, designing sport programs and training plans based on the specific characteristics of the athletes and the sport.
I will further continue my studies at Brock University to receive certification in Consecutive Teacher's Education, with emphasis on Health and Physical Education.
I have worked in sport summer camps and other official sport programs for 10 years, coached multiple sports for 6 years, and have been playing multiple sports almost all of my life.
I have a tremendous passion for playing, watching and coaching sport that exceeds all my other interests.
Cancellation Policy: Min. 24 hour notice for any cancellation of session. 15$ Cancellation fee if its in under 24 hours before scheduled session.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Honors Bachelor’s degree in Human Kinetics with emphasis on Social Sciences - University of Ottawa
• Nine years of working experience with youth in a sport and recreation environment
• Six years of working experience as a coach or as part of a coaching staff in youth sport
• Great planning, organizing, communication, leadership and mentoring skills through coaching and working experience
• Fluent in communicating, writing and reading in both English and French
• Open and adaptable towards gaining extensive advice to improve skills in the work field
Honours Bachelor’s degree in Human Kinetics with emphasis on Social Sciences
University of Ottawa, ON 2014 - 2018
Certificate in Teacher's Education (Initial Consecutive) - Junior/Intermediate: Health & Physical Education
Brock University - St. Catharines, ON
September 2018 to April 2019
Assistant Coach - Internship
FC Barcelona Escola, OTTAWA, ON (2017-2018)
• Organizing and implementing practices based on the specific FC Barcelona football development program
• Implementing the Teaching Games for Understanding (TGFU) framework in player development and successful performance
INTERNATIONAL SOCCER CLUB, MISSISSAUGA, ON (2016)
• Planning/Organizing practices and games based on a specific soccer development curriculum and training program
• Emphasis on soccer development, having fun, and the importance of life skills inside and outside of sport
Camp counsellor – Summer Sports Camp
CAMP COUGARS, MISSISSAUGA, ON (2011 - 2015)
• Planning, organizing, implementing and supervising sports activities for children between the ages of 3 to 12 in closed and open environment
• Using leadership and mentoring skills to present the kids problem solving solutions and to adapt to various situations
• Working with 100+ campers of all ages while shadowing team leaders and senior counselors
Client Service Consultant
GOODLIFE FITNESS, MISSISSAUGA, ON (2015)
• Managing customer service by providing membership inquiry for potential new members
MCCLYMONT & RAK ENGINEERS INC., WOODBRIDGE, ON (2016 - 2018)
• Lab work involving testing soil, sand, asphalt and concrete samples distributed to the lab
• Site work involving testing and pick-ups for soil, sand, asphalt and concrete in locations across the Greater Toronto Area
SWEETS – PASTRY SHOP & CAFE, MISSISSAUGA, ON (2010 - 2011)
• MANAGING CUSTOMERS’ MEALS, BEVERAGES ORDERS, CASH TRANSACTIONS AND CLEANING DUTIES DURING AND AFTER HOURS
- First Aid & CPR Level C (2017)
- NCCP (National Coaching Certificate Program) Competition- Introduction & Competition-Development - In-Training
(2016 - Present)
- Planning, Organizing, Evaluating, Leadership, Teamwork, Patience, Hard Worker, Decision-Making
Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Football and Golf. Always staying active and maintaining physical and mental fitness.
Cooking: Always trying new things to eat and learning how to make various types of food.
Movies: Action, Science Fiction, Neo-Noir
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest basketball lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, volleyball lessons for all!
Taking baseball lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||$130||$155||Not available|
|10 hours||$240||$290||Not available|