I listen to your needs and goals: what do you need to speak French for?
I then adapt my classes on how you like to work. Classes after classes, I'll know more about the way you study and evolve, so content will be even more precise with time.
Born and raised in Dijon, France, I started teaching French at Wake Forest University, NC, USA. I then moved back to France to complete two master's degrees in French and English as Second Languages. Thanks to those, I taught French and English in many public and private schools. In 2018, I moved to Toronto and worked the Alliance Francaise. I have been living in Vancouver since January 2019, where I continue teaching French.
Masters in French as a Second Language (FSL) 09/2015 – 09/2017
Université de Bourgogne / Dijon, France
Masters in English as a Second Language (ESL)
Université de Bourgogne / Dijon, France 09/2013 – 08/2015
Bachelor of Applied Foreign Languages (English & German)
Université de Bourgogne / Dijon, France 09/2009 – 08/2012
FSL Teacher (A1-C1 levels) 09/2018 – 08/2019
Collège Educacentre / Vancouver, BC
Learn French / Vancouver, BC
Alliance Française / Spadina campus, Toronto, ON
• Private and group classes (teenagers and adults)
• Canadian federal employees
• Use of task-based approach
• Jury member for DELF and DALF examination (A1-C1 levels)
ESL and FSL Teacher (A1-B2 levels) 09/2013 – 08/2018
Education Nationale / Dijon, FRANCE
Middle-schools: Clos-de-Pouilly, Saint-François de Sale, Gaston Bachelard, & Carnot
High-schools: Le Castel, Gustave Eiffel
• Plan, create and deliver innovative lesson plans to Grade 6 to 12
• Cooperate with colleagues and administration
• Recognized for successfully adapting between public school environment and privately-owned institutions
French Course Leader July 2015 & July 2016
SILC / Borreaton Park & London, UK
• Travel with and watch after students from France to the UK
• Cooperate with local leader and staff (stay, activities, classes)
French Teaching Assistant (A2-C1 levels) 08/2012 – 05/2013
Wake Forest University / Winston-Salem, NC, USA
• Help students better their French accent and interactions in weekly classes
• Interact with students in “Café Français” activities
• Promote French language and culture in the Romance Languages Department and on campus
Tackle and Flag Football Coach 09/2013 – 08/2017
FENRIS Sport Club / Dijon, FRANCE
• Design and deliver training plans
• Manage players of different skills (adapted drills and approaches)
• Collaborate with coaching staff and board members
Civic Service 01-08/2015
FENRIS Sport Club / Dijon, FRANCE
• Design and order sports equipment
• Promote American Football through social networks and advertising in Dijon
Perfect! Jean-Philippe is a great teacher! I have never used superprof before and J-P is the first tutor I have contacted. His lesson plans and classes are easy to follow and I am learning lots about the French language and culture.
Cindy is a great student. She's making sound progress in French!
Communication has been really easy and convenient to set up classes.
JP is a great teacher because he has experience teaching both French and English as Second Languages in France, the USA and Canada. He is passionate, punctual and patient with his students. I'm sure he will make you love French, his mother tongue.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction-french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$55||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||$250||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||$500||$450|