- Hourly rate $29
- Response Time 5h
- Number of students 27
1st lesson is free!
Learn Korean from an experienced native speaker tutor who is responsible, knowledgeable and very friendly! :)
- By webcam
About the lesson
Before the lesson, I will ask my student about what area he/she wants to learn. I will prepare materials for every class based on the student's goals and needs. I teach the Korean alphabet, conversation, writing, reading, idioms, Korean culture, etc. Or we can freely talk about K-pop, dramas or social issues, etc. I use pdf files, mp3 files, flashcards, pictures, video clips, and some textbooks whenever necessary. I prefer to use a textbook with other materials for beginner students. I do my best to make my lesson enjoyable and effective. I give homework every class and provide a test sometimes for review. And for students who want to improve their writing skills, I ask them to write a journal at least three times a week or write about the topics I give. We go over the writing homework, and I correct the mistakes during lessons. Also, I try to provide many opportunities to speak Korean during lessons. I believe that opening a mouth and speaking aloud is very important when learning a foreign language. Lastly, I try to make my students feel comfortable studying with me, not to be afraid of making mistakes.
- All Levels
I am a native Korean speaker and have been teaching Korean for over six years. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in music from McGill University. Since I have been teaching piano for over 10 years, I believe I am very good at teaching and helping students improve their abilities. I enjoy teaching and meeting new students. :)
Excellent! Good plan for moving forward
Perfect! Jenny is an amazing teacher, She is very kind & understanding person, I have never thought I'll wake early for an online class until I started with her ^_^ I learnt Hangul within 3days!! thank you so much for all your efforts, I'm looking forward to have more classes with you x I highly recommend her, you won't regret.
- See the response Jenny : Since Hayat wanted to learn the Korean alphabets, we studied the simple vowels and consonants. She learned them within two days since she did the homework and reviewed what she had learned. She is a fast learner and seems to enjoy learning. I'm sure she will be able to read Korean within couple of lessons. I look forward to teaching her the conversational Korean.
Perfect! In my opinion, Jenny is really good as a tutor as she always makes the lessons enjoyable and always goes over something if I don't understand, would recommend ^^
- See the response Jenny : He can read Korean and is interested in the Korean language and culture. I'm sure he will learn about Korea and improve his speaking skill as we study together.
Perfect! Jenny is a great teacher. Within a few classes I could read and write Korean. She has a great way of teaching.
- See the response Jenny : she learned the Korean vowels and some consonants today. She is a very fast learner and concentrates on the lesson very well. I gave her some homework so she can review today's lesson. I'm looking forward to studying with her.
Perfect! Jenny is very friendly and I enjoy every session with her. Great teacher!
- See the response Jenny : She has been studying Korean on her own and seems interested in studying with a tutor. She can read Korean words and is ready to learn a conversational Korean. I'm sure she will improve her speaking ability soon.
Perfect! Definitely requesting more lessons! Jenny made me feel at ease, she’s relatable and knowledgeable.
- See the response Jenny : Sasha can read Korean and is about intermediate level. She already knows many vocabularies and expressions and has good pronunciation. I'm sure she will improve her Korean ability if she continues to study consistently.
Perfect! great teacher and super easy to talk too. Respond really fast
- See the response Jenny : Divine is very interested in Korean language and culture. She can read Korean and knows some easy expressions. Since she's been watching Korean dramas and studying on her own, she has a good pronunciation. I'm sure she will improve her Korean a lot while she studies with me.
Perfect! Jenny is a wonderful teacher! She makes learning enjoyable and she places new knowledge and skills within relevant everyday contexts. The lessons are well-organized and she adapts them to fit the ability and unique needs of each student. Look no further if you want to learn more about the language and culture of Korea :-)
- See the response Jenny : She seems very smart and a fast learner. I'm glad that I met her as my student.
Perfect! Jenny is an amazing teacher. In only a few classes, I already feel confident in reading , writing and speaking, and I'm building skills quickly. Jenny is friendly and helpful, and offers structured classes with a good amount of homework to keep you learning. I would highly recommend Jenny as your tutor.
- See the response Jenny : She can read Korean almot perfectly. She's ready to learn conversational Korean.
View more reviews
Jenny has been a wonderful friend of mine. She's comfortable to be with, very open-minded and easy to talk to. She's a very organized, hard working and responsible person. I highly recommend her.:)
I've known Jenny since high school. She is honest, hardworking and trustworthy. I' ve seen her teaching and I could feel that she really enjoys teaching and students enjoy learning. She spends a lot of time preparing for lesson and she knows what students need to learn. I' m sure she would make a great teacher. I highly recommend her! :)
View more recommendations
- 5 h: $144
- 10 h: $288
- $ 29/h