My teaching methods will vary depending on how my student learns best. As a tutor, I will encourage my student to ask questions and to be vocal about their areas of struggle. I am looking to provide tutoring to students in high school and elementary school who are having difficulty in essay writing, as well as those studying English as their second language.
I consider myself to be highly detail-oriented, patient and understanding. This means I will certainly devote my attention to all the areas that my student needs help in and will go through material step by step. I am also a big believer in practice, so I will encourage and assign consistent homework exercises to keep the mind active.
I am currently in my third year of my undergraduate degree at York University and I am majoring in Linguistics. I am also working towards completing a Teaching English To Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate with my undergraduate degree.
In my previous work experiences, I developed my skills in customer service. I am now looking to incorporate the knowledge that I have gained from these jobs (and from my studies) into a student-tutor setting!
Candidate for Bachelor of Arts in Honours Linguistics and Minor in Psychology
York University, Toronto, ON, September 2015 – Present
• Currently working towards a TESL certification at York University
• Currently enrolled in FSL courses at York University
• Developed excellent leadership shills from previous position as assistant manager
• Committed and highly dedicated to accomplishing both personal and work goals and tasks
• Ability to problem-solve in time-sensitive situations
• Demonstrates effective communication in team-oriented settings
• Ability to tailor communicative approach to individuals acquired from customer service experiences
• Bilingual in English and Cantonese
Assistant Manager, Funky Munky Café, Markham, ON, Oct. 2017 – Feb. 2018
• Trained and supervised staff while assigning tasks as I saw fit and needed
• Instilled good workplace habits in staff through leading by example
• Continued to perform duties of a barista in addition to taking on the managerial role
Barista, Funky Munky Café, Markham, ON, Aug. 2016 – Oct. 2017
• Acquainted customers to menu; recommended menu items to individual’s expressed desires
• Took orders and prepared drinks quickly and according to customizations
• Maintained a clean and organized work space at all times to maximize hygiene and work efficiency
Sales Associate, Michael Kors, Toronto, ON, Nov. 2015 – Feb. 2016
• Displayed great knowledge of products and current promotions
• Assisted customers with finding products best suited to their needs and wants
• Maintained overall store cleanliness and organization to put forth a welcoming environment
Administrative Assistant, Advanced Skyline Technology Ltd., Markham, ON, Aug. 2014– Aug. 2015
Greeted and assisted customers with product pick-up at front desk
Created sales orders and invoices daily
Collected payments and worked with accounting department to keep record of money movement within company’s sales
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking phonetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||Not available|