I teach using notes as an aid. With those notes, I will break down the various structures of English from grammar, formal sentence structure and essay structure. I have a unique educational background through the Quebec CEGEP system so I am familiar with high school, college, and university English courses. I also help the students design their own visual aids so they can progress beyond just the tutoring sessions.
I am a 3rd Year English Literature and Rhetoric Student at the University of Waterloo and I am a level 1 certified tutor for English. I have tutored those whose first language is English as well as those who are fluent in French wishing to study in English.
A student can cancel up to 1 hour before the lesson
Summary of Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word from lab report writing, gathering results and various presentations
- Customer service experience from working in retail and service jobs
- Experience in teaching students in various subjects (Math, French, Science and English) and in various levels (High School to Second Year Cegep)
- Proficient in writing and communication from tutoring and studying English.
- Additional skills in science communication and lab work from completing a DEC in science that included labs as well as courses in arts and humanities.
- Capable of leading large groups as executed from coaching sports teams as well as participating in the WQSB Destination Leadership program.
Cashier | Depanneur Supreme
May 2019 – September 2019
• Worked shifts at many different times of day
• Acquired personable communication skills in French
• Authorized delivery of stock and payments
Certified Tutor | Cegep Heritage College
January 2019 – May 2019
• Formulated lessons for students of various levels and age groups
• Tutored Cegep (College Level) English
• Propelled students to success with 5 – 15% average boost on assignments and overall grade
• Integrated both French and English into lessons when teaching to students whose second language was English
Promotions Associate |Crossmark / Pro-motions Ltd.
September 2018 – Present
• Travelled independently to many store locations
• Adjusted to new environments and colleges
• Communicate in both official languages
Sales Associate | American Eagle Outfitters, Nepean Ont.
November 2017 – January 2018
• Accumulated many customer service skills through working in the busiest season of the year
• Overcame issues in the workplace, for example, customers that are not satisfied with the product
• Knowledge of stock/inventory
Preparation | Boston Pizza, Plateau Gatineau Qc.
July 2017 – September 2017
• Responsible for preparing the food needed for the weekend lunch rushes
• Operated various tools for different tasks, such as preparing vegetables, dough or cleaning for the next shift.
• Worked independently and managed the responsibilities from the second shift on
Kitchen Assistant | Camp Air Eau Bois, Denholm Qc.
May 2017 – September 2017
• Fostered relationships with 5 other staff members speaking French (my second language) only
• Managed upkeep of eating area, food preparation and service
• Multitasked when dealing with large influxes of people (up to 225 at once)
Education and Community Involvement
University of Waterloo, Waterloo Ontario
2019 – Present
3rd Year Honours B.A. English Literature and Rhetoric
- Completed courses on business markets, communication in the sciences, psychology and literature
DEC in Natural Sciences with Calculus at Cegep Heritage College, Gatineau, QC.
August 2017 – May 2019
- Academic Recognition (75-79% average) Fall 2017 & Fall 2018
- Honour Roll (80-89%) Winter 2018
- Completed high math courses, chemistry, physics and biology courses
Graduate, with Honours, from St.Michael's High School, Low, Quebec
August 2012 – June 2017
- Leadership Award (June 2017)
- Coach Junior Volleyball (2017)
- Treasurer Student Council (2017)
- Yearbook Committee (2016-2017)
- Excellence in Canadian History (5th percentile or higher) (2017)
- Volleyball MVP (2015,2016)
- Destination Leadership (2014 & 2016)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$21|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$105|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$210|