I start my lecture by used a video clip and encourage the students to start a discussion regarding the played video clip in order introduce the main topic of the lecture by giving chance to every student to be part of the discussion.
I have Master degree in BioScience and Diploma in TESOL with Expert in teaching IELTS and TOEFL. I have experience in Teaching English for over at University of Duhok/ college of Spatial Planning and Development, and at Engineering College/ Biomedical Department, and Language Center Teaching English for PhD Candidates.
Sep. 2013- Sep. 2015 University of Nottingham, United Kingdom. Master Degree in Bioscience/ Biotechnology
Sep. 2013 ISS College, Vancouver, BC, Canada
TESOL Diploma/ Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
November 2012 Certified Interpreter and Translator
Ministry of Justice
July 2012-Sep.2012 Trinity Western University, Langley, BC, Canada
Requested Courses for admitting into Master in Teaching English as a Second Language (MA TESOL)
February 2010 Certified Interpreter
Immigration Service Society of Alberta/ Canada
Sep 2009-Apr 2010 NorQuest College – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Academic up-grading in anticipation of university transfer. Sciences, English, and Mathematics concentration.
May 2002- Aug2003 Vancouver Community College – Vancouver, BC, Canada
Successful completion of top English as a Second Language 099 Program.
June 2000-Apr 2001 Vancouver Community College – Vancouver, BC, Canada
Successful completion of Desktop Publishing 093 Program, Computer Skill 062, 063 Program.
Dec 1998- Mar 1999 Vancouver Community College King Edward Campus – Vancouver, BC, Canada
Completed Student Advocacy Program to obtain Student Advocate Certification.
Nov 1998-May 1999 F.I.T.T. – Vancouver, BC, Canada
Fitness Instructor Certification (Customer Service and Sales, Weight Room, Third Age and Aerobics).
Dec 1997-Jan 1998 M.O.S.A.I.C. – Vancouver, BC, Canada
Computer Skills Certification Program.
Sep. 2020 -- Exiar Language School- Vancouver- BC- Canada
• Teaching English as a Second Language
Sep. 2019 – College of Engineering - Biomedical Engineering- University of Duhok
TU Dortmund - English Instructor
• Teaching English for First Year University (Advance level)
Apr 2019- Mar 2020 Language Center- University of Duhok
• Teaching English for PhD Candidates (Advance Level )
Dec.2016- Nov.2018 College of Spatial Planning & Applied Science-University of Duhok/TU Dortmund - English Instructor
• Teaching English for PYP Program (First Year University/ Advanced level)
Aug. 2016 - Cultural Center/ University of Duhok– English Instructor
• Preparation and Teaching IELTS & TOEFL courses for Advance English level/ Nominees of Master & PhD Degrees Candidates.
Sep 2016- Jan. 2017 Norwegian Refugee Council NGO- Education/ Duhok/ Iraq
• Reporting to Manager Directory
• Supervising NRC-UNHCR sport and educational activities in Duhok Governorate Schools.
• Supervising NRC educational activities in IDPs camps of BK, Quadia, and Shekhan.
Sep 2015- Sep 2016 A. J. E. Non-Government Organization- Project Assistant, Duhok, Iraq
• Organizing and delivering documents related to the activities sponsored by the organization for the donors.
• Representing the organization in the cluster meetings.
Oct 2010- Sep.2015 Ministry of Education – English Instructor – Duhok, Iraq
• Responsible for organizing, delivering and assessing student development for
English as a Second Language Program for Grade 10, 11 and 12.
• Coordinate with other instructors to develop student potential.
Mar 2011- Mar 2012 English Access Micro-scholarship Program – English Instructor – Duhok, Iraq
• English learning program sponsored by the US Department of State.
• Organize and deliver English instructions to class of 26 students. Evaluate
performance and provide feedback on assessments.
Feb 2011- Feb 2012 Britannia Educational Cambridge College – English Instructor – Duhok, Iraq
• Organize and deliver English instructions to two classes of 22 post-secondary students each who have obtained degrees in other disciplines.
• Evaluate performance and provide feedback on assessments.
Feb 2010- Feb 2011 Immigration Service Society of Alberta/ Canada
• Interpretation of asylum cases and new immigrants into Canada.
• Helping newcomers with interpreting at hospital and government offices.
Dec. 2002-Apr 2008 Naz Mediterranean – Small Business Owner – Vancouver, BC, Canada
• Entrepreneur experience: opened own business, responsible for marketing, sales, and managerial duties.
• Assisted the immigrant community by providing jobs for newcomers with language barriers to facilitate integration into the Canadian society by giving them an opportunity to obtain Canadian work experience.
Jan 2000-May 2003 Vancouver Community College – Student Advocate Coordinator – Vancouver, BC, Canada
• Coordinated scheduling and responsibilities for advocates to facilitate addressing student concerns and needs.
• Liaison with faculty members to address needs broadly and proactively.
Jan 2000-May 2003 Students with Disabilities Program - Peer Tutor & Classroom Assistant – Vancouver, BC, Canada
• Provided one-on-one support for student with disabilities, including instruction and assistance with daily tasks.
Dec 1998-Jan 2000 Vancouver Community College – Student Advocate – Vancouver, BC,
• Provided counselling and information on services to students. Facilitated problem-solving by addressing academic concerns of students.
Jan 1999-Jan 2000 Brentwood Fitness – Fitness Instructor – Burnaby, BC, Canada
• Personal trainer. Developed fitness programs to meet individual goals.
Apr 2009-Apr 2010 Student Association Member – NorQuest College – Edmonton, Alberta
• Worked to advance student interests.
2003-2009 Kurdish Community of the Lower Mainland/ BC/ Canada
• Organized, secured funding for and marketed cultural events.
• Set up a language school for immigrant youth.
• Acted as principal and delivered English and Kurdish language classes.
2000 Home-Front Tutoring – Vancouver Community College – Vancouver, BC
• Provided tutoring services to students in the sciences and mathematics.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Second Place Award - Association of Bodybuilding.
Dean’s List – Graduated Top Ten from Salaheddin University, Erbil, Iraq.
• Fluently Speaking & writing English, Kurdish, and Arabic languages.
• Basic understanding of Persian and Turkish languages.
• Experience working with diverse ethnic backgrounds and differently-able persons due to disabilities or mental health issues.
• Flexible, team-player, practical and hardworking.
• Able to work well with others in a business, volunteer or educational setting.
• Accurate keyboarding and Microsoft Office skills.
Biomedical Advancements, Fitness, Soccer.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest writing comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking PET lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$85||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$170||$250|