I believe in an inquiry-based approach to teaching (often referred to as the Socratic method). That is to say, I do not believe in simply telling a student how to do something. Rather, I collaborate with the student and allow them to ask questions in order for them to feel confident and capable enough to do the work themselves. I will provide guidance regarding the academic research process, as well the writing process. We will use your own strengths and weaknesses as starting points in order to identify what can be improved. Ultimately my goal will be to help enhance your critical thinking and analytical skills, while simultaneously providing practical, actionable guidance on technical writing skills.
I specialize in English; however, I offer writing help in other various disciplines.
I am a recently graduated Master's student with aspirations to pursue a PhD in English Literature and teach English at the university level. I have over 5 years of teaching/tutoring experience. Most recently, I was a Writing Instructor Aide at a college in Saskatchewan, and prior to that I was a teaching assistant at Western University while I was pursuing my Master's degree. I'm here to help you learn how to be a better essay writer!
I kindly ask that you provide at least 24 hours of notice in the event of a cancellation.
MA Western University, English Literature 2018-2019
BA Western University, English Literature 2013-2017
Graduated with Distinction
Minored in Italian Language and Culture
Writing Instructor Aide, Student Services, Saskatchewan Polytechnic 2019-2020
• Lead group writing workshops with students of various academic disciplines
• Provided essay writing instruction, as well as analytical skill development, to individual students
• Provided grammatical, as well as citational (MLA, APA, etc.), feedback and instruction both online and face-to-face
• Collaborated with other instructors on developing an online instruction system via Zoom to accommodate Covid-19 work-from-home protocols
Teaching Assistant, Department of English, Western University 2018-2019
Course title: The Storyteller’s Art: Introduction to Narrative (ENG 1027F/G)
• Lead weekly tutorial sessions with a group of 20 students
• Attended weekly course lectures
• Provided essay writing instruction, as well as analytical skill development, to students
• Marked essays and exams for all of the students in my tutorial section, and provided feedback accordingly
• Held weekly office hours where I provided students with helpful suggestions on how to better support their literary arguments
Italian Language Instructor, York Catholic District School Board 2017-2018
• Instructed elementary school students in the Italian language on a
• Assigned tasks and various language-learning activities to the students
Italian Tutor, Department of Modern Languages, Western University 2015-2017
• Assisted students with Italian translation, grammar, idiomatic phrases, etc.
• Worked closely with various professors in the Italian program to prepare students for quizzes, tests, and assignments
Graduate Student, Department of English, Western University 2018-2019
• Researched, wrote, and subsequently presented as a conference panelist, a term paper examining themes of diaspora and cultural identity in Dionne Brand’s No Language is Neutral, Land to Light On, and A Map to the Door of No Return
“In-Forms” Graduate English Conference, University of Toronto 2019
“Endnotes” Graduate English Conference, University of British Columbia 2019
MA Representative (Executive Team Member)
Graduate English Society, Western University 2018-2019
English: Native language
Italian: Advanced reading, writing, and speaking abilities (Level C1 – CEFR)
French: Reading knowledge
Faculty of Arts and Humanities Chair’s Entrance Scholarship 2018
Western Graduate Research Scholarship 2018
Italian Studies Award 2016
International Learning Award 2016
Faculty of Arts and Humanities Entrance Scholarship of Excellence 2013
Western Scholarship of Distinction 2013
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking grammar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|