My teaching methodology involves explaining the concepts in a simple to understand terms using animations and short exercises. I was a four-pointer in my graduate school and have practical experience in the pharmaceutical industry and academic research laboratories.
The classes are meant for high school students, degree level students and anyone interested in biology.
I am a professional in a biotechnology company with practical experience in drug discovery and patented drugs. I hold a Masters degree in Cell and Molecular Biology from the United States and am passionate about teaching biology from an experimental point of view.
1. 75% refund 5 hours before the class
2. 50% refund less than 5 to 2 hours before the class
3. No refund if canceled 2 hours within the class start
Experienced intellectual property management and research professional with a demonstrated history of working in the biologics industry and academic research laboratories. Skilled in conducting cancer biology, immunology research with deep knowledge of mAbs. A highly motivated self-starter and a team player with cross-functional and cross-cultural experience seeking to spread knowledge and help students understand biology.
Assistant Manager – Biologics Intellectual Property Management
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited, Hyderabad, India Aug 2015 – Oct 2018
• Searched and analyzed patents/applications of relevant technologies and processes and provided clearance on proposed processes, bioassays and bioanalytical methods, prepared and updated freedom to operate reports for various portfolio products in US/EP/India and Rest of the World Countries, assessed and provided patentability, infringement, validity and drafted invalidation reports by reading prosecution histories and conducting prior art search, conducted competitive intelligence research, presented Intellectual Property updates to the team on a monthly basis
• Communicated and connected with product development scientists, commercial team and legal counsel
• Trained and engaged new team members to ensure smooth integration into the team
Project Junior Research Fellow
Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, India Dec 2014 – Jul 2015
• Created stable cell lines with increasing sensitivity to proteome stress, carried out cell differentiation experiments using N2A and C2C12 cells, live cell imaging and fluorescence microscopy to study the role of cellular membranes in stress signaling and protein homeostasis maintenance
Research Assistant - Department of Immunology
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, US Apr 2013 – Oct 2014
• Worked on identifying cellular and molecular mediators promoting tumorigenesis using oncogene driven lung cancer mouse model
• Used in vitro cellular assays and in vivo disease models like enhanced autoimmune encephalomyelitis, dextran-sulfate induced colitis, protease-mediated lung allergic inflammation to understand the biological functions of novel IL-17 cytokine family members
Research Assistant – Cancer Biology Division
IIT Research Institute, Chicago, IL, US Aug 2011-Nov 2012
• Completed thesis titled - Deguelin action is through regulation of the ERK-MAPK pathway in Triple Negative Breast Cancer Cells
• Carried out dose and time-response studies of triple negative breast cancer cell lines on treatment with Deguelin by following Standard Operating procedures and carrying out the design of new experiments
Other work experience summary
• Mobile Software Test Engineer, Motorola Mobility, Inc., IL., US May 2011 – Aug 2011
• Software Test Engineer, Infosys Technologies Limited, India May 2008 – Apr 2010
Indo-American Cancer Research Institute, Hyderabad, India May 2007-Aug 2007
• Completed a project titled – “Correlation between p53 codon 72 polymorphism and risk of breast carcinoma in South Indian patients” by carrying out DNA extraction and restriction digestion on 100 tumors (patients) and 100 blood samples (controls) to identify Single Nucleotide Polymorphism in p53 gene codon 72 and calculated the allelic frequency
Master of Science in Biology (Cell and Molecular Biology Specialization) Dec 2012
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, USA GPA: 4.0/4.0
Bachelor of Technology, Biotechnology Mar 2008
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India GPA: 3.7/4.0
P.G. Diploma in Patents Law,
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, India Nov 2017
• Draft and manage confidential reports. prior art search, freedom-to-operate reports, evaluating technologies, infringement analysis, patent drafting, competitive intelligence, technology commercialization, patentability evaluation, licensing agreements
• Cell Biology: Aseptic Mammalian cell culture, primary cell culture, Drosophila Schneider 2 cell culture (DES vector system); isolation of mononuclear cells, lamina propria colon epithelial cells and tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes; Bronchoalveolar Lavage fluid collection, Auto Macs Pro cell sorting, naïve CD4+ helper T-cell isolation and Th cell differentiation, T-cell depletion by complement, surface and intracellular cytokine staining, flow cytometry (FACS Calibur and LSR Fortessa), Fluorescence and live cell microscopy (Apotome, Axiovert), cell proliferation and inhibition assays – (MTT, Cell counting using Beckman particle counter, crystal violet assay)
• Molecular Biology: Isolation of genomic and plasmid DNA, Plasmid prep, mouse tail genotyping, agarose gel electrophoresis, transient and stable transfection and retroviral infection, stable cell line generation, primer design, PCR, cloning, Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism, RNA isolation, reverse transcription, qRT-PCR, gel DNA purification, SDS-PAGE, TUNEL assay
• Biochemistry/Immunology: Protein isolation and quantification, spectroscopy, western blot analysis, co-immunoprecipitation, ELISA, immunocytochemistry, lacz tissue staining, immunofluorescence staining, antibody affinity purification, recombinant protein purification using protein A/G chromatography, dialysis
• Animal Experience: Mouse models: DSS induced colitis, AOM/DSS induced colon cancer, EAE model, Asthma model, Lung cancer model; paraffin-embedded tissue section preparation, Immunohistochemistry
• Data Analysis: GraphPad Prism 5, UN-SCAN-IT gel software, ImageJ, FlowJo and Microsoft Excel
• Collaborative software programs: JIRA, SharePoint, Siebel CRM
• Certification: Certificate of Distinction in “Writing in the Sciences” – Stanford Online (Nov 2015)
• Contributing writer – Biologique magazine, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited l Committee member for student career fair – IIT Chicago in 2011 l Organizing committee member - Beagle, a student organization for extra-curricular activities at Andhra University, Andhra Pradesh, India
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, molecular biology lessons for all!
Taking biotechnology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$16||$14|
|5 hours||Not available||$75||$70|
|10 hours||Not available||$140||$140|