I have always based my teaching on what works for the student in front of me; my classes are individualized to meet their needs and requests. I also believe in creating a friendly, fun, and inclusive learning environment where students feel comfortable asking any questions that they might have. With everything now being online, I strive to make classes as interactive as possible.
My English classes are meant for students grade 7-12, university or college level students, or any adult students looking to improve their English skills. My hope is that my students come out loving reading and writing just as much as I do!
I am a working professional who received an undergraduate degree in English and History and went on to complete a Masters of Arts in Peace and Conflict Studies. My tutoring experience is largely with kids from K-12; I have 4 years of experience tutoring in the following subjects: English, French and Math. I also a year of experience as a teaching assistant to undergraduate-level university classes. I have also assisted Grade 12 students with University applications. I am excited about the opportunity to start tutoring once again!
I ask that cancellation requests are made at least 24 hours prior to scheduled lesson times, though I understanding life gets in the way of this at times.
Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario
- MPACS Executive Student Society -Vice President of Administration
- Recipient of the MPACS Student Award
B.A. – Double Major in English and History
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
- UBC English Students’ Association – Vice President of Communication
- UBC Debate Society - General Member
- Recipient of the John Alexander McDonald Scholarship in Humanities
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Cameron Heights Collegiate, Kitchener, Ontario
Teaching Assistant - University of Waterloo
- Responsible for assessing and marking undergraduate University-level material
- Provided undergraduate and certificate students with appropriate and effective feedback (through Learn, an online course portal) for a variety of assignments and exams
Research Assistant – University of Waterloo
- Assisted in the development of a rhetorical framework tool for English language analysis
- Ensured the validity and reliability of data at all times.
- Proofread documents to ensure accuracy
- Annotated and analyzed data to be entered into an online database
Tutor – My Grade Booster, Vancouver, BC
- Mentored students of various levels in English, French, and Math
- Developed action plans based on students’ and educators’ academic goals
- Communicated with parents and teachers to provide updates on student progress
- Worked effectively with students with diverse learning needs and cultural backgrounds
Writers’ Exchange – Mentor, Vancouver BC
- Worked one-on-one or in small groups with economically disadvantaged children to assist them in completing fun writing projects, homework, and various crafts
Perfect! Very clear and helpful. Makes really good use of time.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$135||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$260||$250|