I am an academic electrical and electronic engineer because after my graduation I was teaching undergraduates degree at the university and I worked as a Teaching Assistant and Lab Demonstrator at my college for 4 years until I began my MSc. Assisted academic staff with organizing and delivering their teaching material as well as occasional marking and commenting on coursework and reporting back to students and lecturers, so I will be a very good tutor for secondary school students in math, physics, electrical and electronics subjects as these are the base of my studying in both master, bachelor degree and within my teaching experience.
I am an electrical and electronic engineering. In 2010 I graduated with my bachelor degree I achieved the highest average grade across all Engineering departments and thus graduated as the top student of the year. Then in September 2016, University of Plymouth, United Kingdom I graduated with a master with Merit in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
I recently graduated with a Master degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Plymouth.
Education and Qualifications.
• 2015 – 2016 University of Plymouth, United Kingdom.
MSc with Merit in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Models Included: Nanotechnology and Nanoelectronics, Multimedia Communication Networks, Advanced signal processing, Integrated Power Systems, Digital and Wireless Communications, Sensors, and Actuators.
Dissertation: Graphene Metallic Contact, under the supervision of Dr Shakil Awan, my research interest was Graphene, Graphene Transistors and how to minimize the metallic contact of the Graphene Field Effect Transistors. Different fabrication methods for forming GFETs were presented, in order to make an analysis of the contact resistance affecting factors between the Graphene and the metals. The same GFETs were fabricated on SiO2/Si substrate, and its electrodes were made from Cr/Au contact metallization with 5nm Cr/ 50nmAu but the way of transferring the Graphene on the SiO2/Si substrate was different. This work could serve as a different way to reduce the contact resistance by controlling the Graphene transferring methods.
• 2006-2010 University of Anbar, Iraq
BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering, first class
Models Included: Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, Electronic physics, Digital Techniques, Mathematics, Fundamentals of computer science, Fundamentals of Eng. Mechanics, Engineering Drawing, Computer Architecture, Electrical Machine, Numerical Methods, Theory of Electrical Fields, Electronics, Electrical Circuits, Antennas and Waves Propagation, System Analysis, Electrical power, Communications and Noise, Computer Networks, Engineering Statistics, Control, Power Electronics and Microprocessor Interfacing. I achieved the highest average grade across all Engineering departments and thus graduated as a top student of the year.
• (March – September) 2015, University of Plymouth, United Kingdom
Pre-sessional Academic English for Research Students Course achieved CEFR B2 level.
6-month Pre-Sessional Academic English for Research Students Course successfully completed in September 2015 and achieved CEFR B2 level in all four skills. The course focused on academic English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills and included critical thinking and independent learning.
Employment and Teaching Experience.
1. Lecturer (2017), University of Anbar, Engineering College, Electrical Engineering department.
After getting the Master degree from the University of Plymouth, Teaching and learning Certificate and University teaching allowance Certificate from the University of Anbar lecturer of the Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and the Electronics for first-year undergraduate students. sabbatical has taken to be with my husband who studies in the United Kingdom.
2. Teaching Assistant and Lab Demonstrator (2011-2014), University of Anbar, Engineering College, Electrical Engineering.
• Control System Laboratory (the 4th year class): Control systems using MATLAB software libraries and teaching the MATLAB software Basics.
• Fundamentals of computer science (1st-year class): C++ language laboratory.
• Electronic Laboratory (2nd & 3rd-year class): Electronic and Electrical circuits design and Implement.
3. Skills Developed
Assisted academic staff with organizing and delivering their teaching material as well as occasional marking and commenting on coursework and reporting back to students and lecturers.
Research and Related Skills.
Research skills: Throughout my Master and the pre-sessional Academic English I have taken the tasks of collecting analyzing, summarizing data from a variety of resources, in addition to the critical thinking and independent learning.
Language Known: Arabic, English.
Experienced in using Computer skills: I have the confidence in the use of the research technologies, Microsoft Office program with an extensive knowledge, Internet Explorer. Throughout my MSc studies I used multimedia, an I pad as a tool and the Evernote application to record and save all my practical working.
Experienced in using programming Languages and software skills: C++ programming language, MATLAB software, and LabVIEW software.
Publications: At the end of 2016 (the research time) one paper was written and entitled Graphene Metallic Contact, with Dr Shakil Awan at the University of Plymouth which waiting for publishing.
Awards and achievements:
• University of Anbar, Engineering College, Electrical Department, awarded me a Permanent job and I worked as a Teaching Assistant and Lab Demonstrator at my college for 4 years until I began my MSc. Because I achieved the highest average grade across all Engineering departments and thus graduated as the top student of the year in 2010 with an average of 79.86%
• The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Iraq by The Higher Committee For Education Development in Iraq (HCED) awarded me a scholarship to study in UK or USA for the same reason, therefore I applied for the Master at Plymouth University.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$22||Not available||$22|
|5 hours||$21||Not available||$112|
|10 hours||$19||Not available||$224|