- Hourly rate $50
- Response Time 2h
- Number of students 50+
Mathematics Student gives lessons in Calculus 1&2, Linear Algebra 1&2, Sec 4&5 Math, Abstract Algebra
- By webcam
Brendon is one of our best tutors. High-quality profile and excellent qualifications, organised and responsive to lesson requests, appreciated by their students!
About the lesson
I have a very gentle and patient approach about teaching Mathematics as I believe everyone is capable of understanding any math concept, easy or difficult. I try to provide different angles on a subject or concept to try to find the best and easiest way for my students to grasp the material at hand, in a way that's most comfortable for them. I also take my time and review the material that my student might be uncertain of, making sure they understand it.
When I personally study I’m very detailed in my approach and that has lent to me being able look further and help many students on their journey through the material as I’ve already travelled the path and can give tips on what to avoid and what’s the right direction.
- All Levels
I’m an undergraduate student at Concordia University, studying Pure and Applied Mathematics.
I graduated from Marianopolis College with A+’s (above 90%) in Calculus 1,2 &3 and Linear Algebra 1&2.
I have been tutoring in Linear Algebra and Calculus since 2014.
I have also tutored in high-school level Mathematics such as Sec4/grade10, Sec5/grade11, and grade 12 Mathematics.
I have recently completed my curriculum of Mathematics courses at Concordia University (Montreal) and I would love to share my knowledge in tougher higher level Mathematics. I can offer help in:
Advanced Calculus 1 (MATH 264)
Advanced Calculus 2 (MATH 265)
Linear Algebra 1 (MATH 251)
Linear Algebra 2 (MATH 252)
Probability 1 (STAT 249)
Probability 2 (STAT 250)
Ordinary Differential Equations (MATH 370)
Numerical Analysis (MATH 354)
Combinatorics (MATH 339)
Elementary Number Theory (MATH 392)
Analysis 1 (MATH 364)
Analysis 2 (MATH 365)
Real Analysis (MATH 464)
Complex Analysis 1 (MATH 366)
Measure Theory (MATH 467)
Abstract Algebra 1 (MATH 369)
Abstract Algebra 2 (MATH 470)
Introduction to Microeconomics (ECON 201)
Introduction to Macroeconomics (ECON 203)
Object Oriented Programming 1 (COMP 248)
Perfect! Very knowledgeable and flexible, I needed help for Linear Algebra 2. Responds quickly to queries. Instead of doing a full hour class, I asked for an option to ask questions as they arose, and he was very helpful.
Perfect! My son connected with Brandon in their first session. He tailored the tutoring session to ensure he was meeting Ryan's needs. We will happily continue using Brandon as Ryan's tutor.
Perfect! Brendon is very good in math is a high level teacher!
Perfect! Brendon is a great tutor! He gives great tips & tools for a better learning experience.
Perfect! My son enjoyed his first pre-calculus session with Brendon. He is also prompt with his communication which was appreciated. Recommend!
- See the response Brendon : I had a lot of fun, I did a little introduction to some Precalculus topics, we started with quadratic equations and how to find the vertex of a parabola, some basic concepts from trigonometry, how to find the slope and y-intercept of a line!
Perfect! Brendon is very confident and teaches very well.
- See the response Brendon : Working with Kevin was great, we reviewed some Multivariable Calculus material.
Perfect! My son really enjoyed working with Brandon,
I will book again thank you
- See the response Brendon : I really had fun working with Antony, we went over review packages for three hours before the final examination.
Perfect! Brendon really knows how to help out a student. He really makes a difference and encourages the student by explaining very simply and directly the material, excellent serve and tutor, would definitely recommend.
- See the response Brendon : Charles is a serious student that knows where he’s going and what he wants to get done, it was fun covering material together from the Algebra and Functions course!
Perfect! very good explanation
- See the response Brendon : A lot of fun! We went over Linear Algebra concepts like Linear In/Dependence, spanning sets, solving systems of Linear equations with matrices, expressing vectors as linear combinations of vectors in a set, true or false questions.
Perfect! My son came out of both of his sessions with Brendon completely re-energized about math. He had been having difficulty understanding the material and Brendon really helped him see how it all fits together. My son says that Brendon is great and I agree!
- See the response Brendon : It's always a pleasure to work with Isaac!
Perfect! Clearly and efficiently explained!
- See the response Brendon : Great session! Finals review for Linear Algebra, we went over some concepts like finding the distance between a point and a line, a point and a plane, vector projections, using an initial point and a direction vector to write the equation of line, the equation of a line in parametric and symmetric form!
Perfect! Super cool guy, laid back and ready to help with anything.
- See the response Brendon : Working with Elle was fun, she has a great personality and is determined to work hard to achieve her goals!
Perfect! Very friendly and clear explanation.
- See the response Brendon : David is super great to work with, picks up material super quickly, we reviewed a midterm for his Calculus 2 class at Marianopolis College.
Perfect! Brendon replied quickly and we managed to schedule a session for the following morning. He helped me through a challenging and lengthy assignment in Linear Algebra I was struggling with. I would definitely recommend if you're having a hard time in math!
- See the response Brendon : Alessandro is a very good student that is motivated to learn! We worked on some Linear Algebra homework, we went over multiple questions related to checking the axioms to see if a subset of a Vector Space is a subspace.
Perfect! A very good tutor helped me in every area that I was struggling with. Thanks to him I found math much easier to understand, even with complicated questions.
- See the response Brendon : I had fun working with Andriana, we reviewed an old exam to prepare for a final in Calculus 1. We covered material such as limits at infinity, multiplying by the conjugate, maximization and minimization problems, curve sketching, logarithmic differentiation.
Perfect! Amazing teacher! He is helping me with cal 2. He explains the concepts well and helps me to break down the problems into easier steps. I would 100% recommend!!
- See the response Brendon : I had a lot of fun tutoring Isabella, we went over some review problems before a midterm, we covered topics such as calculating work, integration through partial fraction decomposition, improper integrals.
Perfect! Brendon is very patient while explaining concepts and solving problems. He allows you to take over the lesson if you choose to be taught differently. Additionally, Brendon has no problems solving difficult questions while explaining them effortlessly as well.
- See the response Brendon : Working with Pal is great! A very motivated student and always studying! We are reviewing Calculus 2 material for a final exam, we've gone over topic such as Riemann sums, arclength, trigonometric substitution, partial fraction decomposition, u-substitution, completing the square.
Perfect! Great at explaining.
- See the response Brendon : I had a blast, we reviewed material for a Calculus 2 final exam by going over a mock exam.
Perfect! Perfect teacher !!
- See the response Brendon : I had a lot of fun working with Thierry, he is super receptive and learns quick! I helped Thierry prepare for his final exam in Complex Analysis, we did a work sheet, went over his midterm and a practice final exam, and covered many topic in Complex Analysis such as logarithms, branch cuts, exponential functions, the power function, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, differentiation, the Cauchy-Riemann equations, sufficiency conditions for differentiation, analytic functions, and analytic at a point, harmonic functions, the Cauchy-Goursat theorem, simply connected domains, the Cauchy integral formula and its extension, antiderivatives, the maximum modulus principle, contour integrals, sequences and series, radius of convergence, Taylor and Laurent series, continuity of power series, differentiation of power series, multiplication and division of power series, singular and isolated singular points, residues, Cauchy's residue theorem, residues at infinity, definite integrals involving sines and cosines! What a blast!
Perfect! First session went supper well for sec 4 remedial math! Will book another soon. Thank you Brendon.
- See the response Brendon : I had a lot of fun, this was one of my first in person sessions in a long time! Renée is very good at mental math! We went over the quadratic equation, algebraic manipulations of unknowns, solving linear equations and isolating for a variable.
Perfect! Brendon is great at explaining trigonometry in a easy and digestible way.
- See the response Brendon : Working with Tyler was a lot of fun, we covered material based on trigonometry, such as quadrants and how to adjust for signs depending which quadrant you are in, taking a reference angle, how to find the exact value of sin(225) and cos(210), why sin(45) and cos(45) are both equal to 1/sqrt(2), using the Pythagorean theorem, how to define sine, cos and tan in regards to a right triangle using opposite, adjacent and hypotenuse,
Perfect! Very knowledgeable, and was able to show me new ways to solve questions I struggled with.
- See the response Brendon : Super fun, always fun to work on Linear Algebra, we covered Vector Spaces and their 10 axioms, Subspaces and how to test for a subspace, span, linear combinations, how to calculate the inverse of a 2x2 matrix, the determinant of a 2x2 matrix, Linear Transformations, and when a matrix is invertible.
Perfect! First session today with Brendon. Great problem solver!
- See the response Brendon : I had a great time working with Liam, we covered interesting topics in Linear Algebra at the Cegep level such as how to calculate the determinant of an nxn matrix, properties of the determinant, how to calculate the inverse of a matrix through row operations. Super fun!
Perfect! I’m a pretty slow learner but Brendon walked we through how to solve my function equations until I understand. Highly recommend!
- See the response Brendon : I had a lot of fun, we went over how to find the domain and range of a function.
Perfect! Great guy helped alot
- See the response Brendon : Great student to work with, I had lots of fun doing a practice midterm, we covered limits, the limit definition of the derivative, derivatives of exponential functions and logarithmic functions, the first derivative test.
Perfect! Great communication and great use of resources to ease my understanding!
- See the response Brendon : Had a blast, great to work with, we went over limits and ideas surrounding them, the Squeeze/Sandwhich Theorem, horizontal and vertical asymptotes, derivative of arcsin
Perfect! Brendon is very knowledgeable in math and he made Concepts very clear. I would recommend him to students who are looking to understand math concepts better
- See the response Brendon : I had fun, we covered some Linear Algebra topics, finding the equation of a plane given three points, the distance between a point and a plane.
Perfect! Very helpful for my calculus 2, even figured out a problem I couldn’t solve after the lesson ended. Great!
- See the response Brendon : I had fun, we worked on some Calculus II ideas like Riemann integration, Riemann sums, areas under curves, operations on and how to manipulate the limits of integration.
Perfect! Brendon was very patient with me considering I dealt with technical issues for the first half of our lesson. He extended our lesson 30 minutes longer, and taught me polynomial division in a way I was able to understand. Perfect teacher 5/5!
- See the response Brendon : We worked on polynomial division and factorization right before an exam, Johnny is a great student to tutor, I had a blast working with Johnny.
Perfect! Helped me understand limits and epsilon delta.
- See the response Brendon : We went over limits and epsilon-delta definition of limits before a midterm.
Perfect! Brendon is very patient, explains things very well. Thank you!
Perfect! Brendon was good he kept on asking if there was something I wanted to work on and help me with it, he is patient and helpful.
- See the response Brendon : I had fun working with Promise, we worked on the concepts of domain and range of a function, function stretching and shrinking along the x and y-axis.
Perfect! Brendon understands, at a fundamental level, the difficulties that most students face when dealing with Calculus. His lessons get straight to the point without the fluff that absorbs most of the precious tutoring time. Would recommend, especially before tests.
- See the response Brendon : Walter is a very attentive student that is looking to succeed at the highest level. I had a blast working with Walter, we went over a proof of the convergence of sin(x)/x to 1 as x goes to 0, a standard limit used in Cal 1 to prove that the derivatives of sin and cos are cos and -sin among other things.
Perfect! Great teacher. Very patient and explains everything really well. Would definitely suggest giving him a shot.
Perfect! He is very knowledgeable. He is very good in explaining new material showing it step by step.
- See the response Brendon : Vadim is eager to learn!
Perfect! A good teacher that will help you study Calculus at the university level.
- See the response Brendon : Artjom is always fun to work with!
Perfect! Great explanantions
- See the response Brendon : Loic was enthusiastic, and asked pertinent questions that shows that he pays attention.
Excellent! Brendon was helpful, prompt and courteous.
- See the response Brendon : I had a great time working with Zev!
Perfect! Patient and accommodating to the exact needs of the student. Thank you.
- See the response Brendon : Working with Olivier was a lot of fun!
Perfect! Brendon was very patient while tutoring me, and made sure that I understood his explanations every step of the way. Would definitely recommend!
- See the response Brendon : Aliya is wonderful to work with!
Perfect! Brendon was great at explaining the concepts to me, showed me step by step examples. He was able to answer all my questions and make me feel confident in answering the questions on my own.
- See the response Brendon : I had a lot of fun working with Baylea!
Perfect! Brendon is a great tutor. He takes time to explain properly, and is very patient. My son had a great time learning from him. Would recommend him if you need help with math.
Perfect! Brendon understood each question we worked on thoroughly and was able to simplify it for me. very polite and easily to follow along with.
- See the response Brendon : Davis a great to work with, hard working and very attentive.
Perfect! Brandon is a great tutor, he takes the time to explain the topic and makes sure you understand before proceeding to the next.
- See the response Brendon : Great student that pays attention and is fun to work with!
Perfect! A very great teacher knows his stuff and takes his time to explain properly.
Really recommend if you need help with Calculus
- See the response Brendon : great student! great to work with!
Perfect! Brendon was beyond exceptional. He took his time to understand the problem and helped me solve it. He explained every step of the way and did an amazing job. Diffinetly recommand him to anyone seeking assistance from a pro.
- See the response Brendon : great student!
Perfect! Great teacher, answered all my questions and explained well :)!
- See the response Brendon : super good student!
Perfect! He explained very well. Took his time. My daughter was very happy. He knows what his doing.
- See the response Brendon : great student!
Excellent! He explained the topics very well and made sure you understood. I recommend
Perfect! Had a very good first lesson with him. He was able to take a complex concept from calculus and linear algebra and simplify it into smaller parts . Very good with linear algebra .
- See the response Brendon : Great to work with! A good listener, and thinker who takes to the material well.
Perfect! He teaches depending on what the student need. The explanations are very clear and he takes his time to ensure that the student understands before continuing. I would recommend to everyone, as he is very knowledgeable in various math subjects.
- See the response Brendon : Great to work with!
Perfect! Was very knowledgable about the subject and was very helpful.
- See the response Brendon : Great to work with!
View more reviews
Brendon really helped me with my study, he explained every step of the problems so well and asked me if i understood well. if i didn’t, he would redo it and reexplain it!
thank you Brendon and i’ll see you soon for sure!!
I think Brendon would make a great teacher because he explains everything really well and clearly and makes sure that I understand before moving on to the next question.
He explains and breakdowns the concepts well. He is also knowledgeable about the course. Also, he explains in an organized way.
The session I had with Brendon went very well. He assisted me with deepening my understanding of advanced mathematical topics. I look forward to our next session.
Brendon is an honours student and very capable of the kind of tutoring in Superprofs.
He has been an active participant in a first course on complex variable and applications that I am giving at Concordia University, in Montreal. He has been very conscientious in submission of all assignments, with very good results, and got a perfect score on the midterm exam.
Brendon, explains the material clearly and makes sure you understand by providing different examples on that topic.
Take his time with the student and he make sure you understand what you are learning, very sweet!! I recommend him!!
Brendon was one of my students in advanced math courses, and he did a Summer research project with me.
He is really good at math! And he enjoys explaining math to other people.
Chantal David, Professor, Mathematics, Concordia University
Brendon has been working with me on a summer research project on using machine learning to study the Collatz conjecture.
He is a person that understands mathematics deeply, and he is very good in presenting his work. I'm sure he will be an excellent teacher for all your math courses.
I had the pleasure to have Brendon as a student in one of my math courses at Concordia University and supervise him during a summer research internship. He is an excellent mathematician, able to learn very complex ideas at a fast pace and explain them in a clear and intuitive way. He also has a really cool math blog. I highly recommend him as a math tutor! Under his guidance, you'll learn things effectively.
View more recommendations
- 5 h: $250
- 10 h: $500
- + $$10
- $ 50/h