I offer students a dynamic and individualized approach to learning that focuses on building strength in the key concepts of the subject over memorization. Utilizing the SQ3R approach for learning and providing student support through offering effective two-column notes I approach learning at a personal level.
I provide my students with a comprehensive set of notes for the subject in order to provide guidance and make learning more efficient and time-effective. I focus on the student's needs and goals and provide the steps to help them reach them whether it be help with an assignment, exam preparation, lesson building, or general time management and organization skills.
Not only am I an experienced individual with a Master's degree in engineering, but I also have over four years of tutoring and teaching experience; helping over 200+ students achieve their academic goals. I specialize in maths (calculus, algebra, advanced functions etc.) and sciences (physics, chemistry) from the elementary level to university courses.
I have demonstrated professionalism and strength in knowledge through numerous experiences both as a tutor and as an engineer. As an engineer I focus on building physics and apply this to my tutoring style in order to present a strong foundation for students to build from.
British Columbia Institute of Technology
Master of Applied Science in
Building Science Engineering
Graduated August 2020
University of Waterloo
Bachelor of Applied Science in
Graduated June 2014
Honors Co-Operative Program
Attention to detail
Excellent oral communication
Strong presentation ability
Adobe Creative Suite
Physics and Math Instructor
Academic Horizons, Surrey, BC | September 2020 – Present
• Work with students ranging from Grade 8 to University in physics and math via online and collaborated with other instructors to help students reach their academic goals.
VIPKID, Beijing, China | June 2017 – November 2018
• Prepares one-on-one online full immersion English language classes for children ages 5 to 8 to develop speaking reading, and writing skills.
• Provides consistent feedback about student’s progress and administers formal testing as needed.
• Engage students using total physical response, clear annunciation, and appropriate expression.
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON | May 2013 – August 2014
• Designed and taught a curriculum for an engineering and science camp for 8 weeks in order to mentor students’ grades 5 & 6 in creating fun but challenging team building indoor and outdoor activities.
• Wrote, prepared, and delivered 12 lesson plans to students in camp based on science and engineering concepts.
• Helped to facilitate Women in Engineering sessions weekly by providing activities and group discussions for girls at camp.
University of Waterloo, Dubai, UAE | August 2012 – December 2012
• Oversaw 82 engineering students in assisting to teach four first- and second-year engineering courses: chemistry, physics, probability and statistics, and calculus l.
• Taught lessons and lectures as assisted by the professor of the subject and accepted guidance and feedback on the experience.
• Delivered a range of teaching and assessment activities, including tutorials directed towards the delivery of subjects at an undergraduate level, as well as exam preparation, office hours, and one-on-one methods.
• Applied departmental processes related to peer advising and mentoring of students.
• Contributed to the development of teaching materials and techniques and provided effective feedback to students about learning.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$30|