It important to define your desired outcomes from the tutoring session, so that I can adapt the lesson to suit your individual needs. I am very familiar with the Ontario Grade 9-12 curriculum for Math, Physics and Chemistry, and I can prepare realistic questions from scratch for the various topics. The university subjects I specialize in teaching are Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Reactions, Process Design, Process Control, 1st year organic chemistry, 1st/2nd year calculus (vector calculus and differential equations included), 1st year linear algebra, 1st year mechanics.
I graduated Chemical Engineering from the University of Waterloo in 2017 with specializations in Statistics and Process Optimization and Control. I currently work as an Instrumentation & Control Analyst for Candu Energy Inc., performing work at Bruce Power and Darlington Nuclear Generating Stations. I have been tutoring since I was 14 years old, and I have tutored students ranging from Grade 7 through third-year university students. I have taught classes of up to 6 students at once, and my specialties are mathematics, chemistry and physics.
• Motivated hard worker with outstanding natural ability in math and science, as shown by 92.4%
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated through technical reports and
• Extremely open, friendly and patient
• Experience tutoring up to six students at once in both math and physics
• Previous experience holding a review session for chemical engineering courses
• Well-versed in Autocad, Matlab, Chemcad, Aspen, Labview, Origin, R, Visual Basic, Java, and C++
Tutoring Work Experience
May 2016-Aug 2016
Live Switchboard Inc., Waterloo
• Assisted high school students in acquiring better understanding of targeted areas within a subject or a subject as a whole
• Excellent communication and teaching skills shown through many satisfied customers
Math Instructor Sept 2015-Dec 2015
Mind Over Math, Orangeville
• Tutored students from grades 7-12 in maths and sciences
• Registered new students, scheduled sessions and maintained confidential student record
• Prepared exam review lessons for calculus and physics
Math Tutor Jan 2015-Apr 2015
• Attended a JUMP Math conference on teaching math to young students
• Taught math courses from the JUMP Math curriculum covering grades 3-8
• Proven results with increased marks by 50% on first test after beginning tutoring
University of Waterloo
Sept 2012-Apr 2017
• Candidate for Bachelor of Applied Science, Chemical Engineering, Honours, Co-operative Program
• Options in Statistics and Management Science
• Completing requirements for Specialization in Chemical Process Modeling, Optimization and Control
• GPA: 4.0/4.0
• 2016 IEEE Smart Energy Grid Engineering, 2070: Best Paper Award
• Hydrogen Student Design Contest – Grand Prize Winner
• Society of Petroleum Engineers Educational Scholarship
• University of Waterloo President’s Scholarship 2012-2013
• Achieved Term Dean’s Honours List Six Consecutive Terms Sept 2012-present
Perfect! Awesome dude! Knows his math very well. Super helpful. Would defiantly recommend hiring him for help for math.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|