Listening to what is required.
Discuss learning styles - each student learns differently - some visually, some verbally, etc.
Creating worksheets and/or one-to-one discussions/workshops.
Continue going over a particular topic until it becomes second nature.
Encourage the student to question/query to ensure understanding.
Practice, practice, practice.
I have an immense passion in mathematics and am currently in the process of gaining my DHe in Mathematical Sciences with The Open University - would like to others by instilling a strong foundation in the subject. A love of maths can encourage that strong foundation.
Rates are the same regardless of student topic level. If an online booking has been secured, any cancellations require at least 24 hours notice in order to be granted a full refund. Otherwise, only 50% will be refunded.
Customer-focused railway professional with proven experience of coaching and developing high-performing teams as well as engaging high-level stakeholders in all areas.
Over 25 years of experience in Microsoft Office, 9 years within Network Rail and currently embarking on my final year of a Diploma in Higher Education in Mathematical Sciences with The Open University.
Jun 09 – Present Network Rail
Oct 15 – Present ODA (Observed Data Analytics) Analyst, System Operator
• Analysing historical data on the movement of trains across the network and validating this information against the Timetable Planning Rules (TPRs) in relation to headways, sectional running times, dwell times and junction margins
• Suggesting change recommendations to TPRs to inform a more robust working timetable
• Enhancements/improvements to processes in order to provide smarter, more effective ways of working
• Covering for my line manager when out of the office
• Single point of contact for the onboarding of new staff whilst ensuring a consistently high level of coaching, mentoring and training to the standards expected within the team
Oct 14 – Sep 15 Programme Coordinator, Freedom of Information (12-month secondment)
• Coordination of all Programme Board meetings and distribution of relevant packs
• Design, authoring and development of the FOI eLearning course available to all Network Rail staff
• Full onboarding of 3 managers and 16 information officers for the new FOI team as well as all logistics for a 2-day assessment centre including timetables, assessor packs and candidate packs whilst ensuring that everyone was in the right place at the right time – entailing over 7,000 interdependencies
Apr 14 – Oct 14 Operational Planner (STP), Anglia (6-month secondment)
• Full responsibility for the possession checking, validation and publication of STP schedules for c2c, LOROL and Greater Anglia together with the resolution of any conflicts with the TOC concerned
• Proactively suggested and implemented improvements to processes and trackers to ensure that everyone knew what was going on at all times with all bids which minimised the amount of double checking required by the Planning Specialists
Oct 12 – Apr 14 Project Management Assistant, Network Operations
• Full administration of the 8PP (Eight Point Plan) Programme (for Business Change) including creative responsibility for how this information was relayed to the wider Network Rail world in terms of maps, graphs and KPIs
• Input and ongoing maintenance of projects into iPAT for all projects within the 8PP programme while maintaining a working relationship with the super users involved
• Project management responsibilities for the Bridge Reclassification project (together with Keith Ross) in order to ensure quick delivery with a view to minimising the majority of delay minutes within CP4
Jun 09 – Oct 12 Publications Assistant, Network Operations
Signal Box Instructions – Issuance of amendments
• Development, design and authoring of an 80+ page training guide including coaching, mentoring and training to develop a high-performing team
• Full management and delivery of RSSB Rule Book changes (bi-annually) into all signal box instructions with full stakeholder involvement from the routes
• Production of KPI dashboards for each stage of the process
• Development, design and authoring of Rail Notices guide to ensure the team could use this new system
Bridge Strike Appendices – Creation and subsequent issuance of amendments
• Full management of the National Bridge Strike Initiative (design, development and issue) ensuring every route (and their sub-areas) had their own appendix to refer to in the event of any bridge strike incidents – this involved collaboration with OMs, LOMs, Signallers, Route Control and the Senior Civil Structures Engineer
Other Key Areas
• Single point of contact for the team and all stakeholders impacted by Planning Publications
• Negotiation of new service level agreements (SLAs) with the Routes together with full implementation for the Weekly Operating Notices and Signal Box Instructions
• Creation of trackers in order to meet company standards (2.03/2.04), SLAs and maintain version control
• Enhancements/improvements to processes and procedures in order to provide smarter, more effective ways of delivering changes
Apr 07 – May 09 Volkswagen Group UK Ltd, Learning Resource Centre Coordinator & Microsoft Office Trainer
• Managed and maintained a new, central database for 600+ staff and their associated training records including the transfer of all records from the retired database into the new one while data cleansing at the same time
• Designed and developed all logistics for the 2-day Management Development Centre (including timetables, assessor packs and candidate packs) – entailing over 7,000 interdependencies
• Facilitator for the Management & Graduate Development Programs and the Senior Management Assessment Development Centre
Jul 06 – Feb 08 One Stop Online Shop, Sole Proprietor – eCommerce Website
• Designed and developed my own business into a successful e-commerce direct despatch website
• Negotiated rates and terms with suppliers for required products
Jun 03 – Aug 06 Barton Carbide Tooling, Office Manager / Administrator
• Daily interaction with customers and suppliers including the preparation of quotations
• Processed all customer orders through to dispatch (SOP, POP and Invoicing) within Sage Line50
• Managed and maintained the company’s machinery parts database using Microsoft Access XP
• Supported the Managing Director in all administrative functions
Feb 01 – Jun 03 IMS Maxims Plc, Technical Author
• Gathered all relevant information from the designers / programmers of the company’s healthcare software and then designed, developed and tailored the user manuals for each NHS specialty
• User tested the company’s Electronic Patient Record system which included various specialties such as Mental Health, A&E, Lung Cancer and Therapies
May 98 – Feb 01 Full Time Mother
Mar 97 – May 98 PanCredit Systems Ltd, Technical Author
• Gathered all relevant information about the financial software from the designers / programmers
• Designed, developed and authored all Help Text & Tool Tips for the above software
• Ensured that every field and button throughout the software had the relevant text / tool tip attached
Jan 94 – Mar 97 FI Training Ltd, MS Office Trainer / Management Secretary
• In January 1995, promoted to the role of Microsoft Office Trainer both on and off-site
• Provided support to the Director of Production, Infrastructure Manager and Training Services Manager
• Designed and developed all course brochures and all Microsoft course manuals (Beginners to Advanced) while ensuring that quality and version control was maintained at all times
• With continual liaison with the customer both on and off-site, developed and delivered user procedures for TNT and Yorkshire Electricity as well as the training of Yorkshire Electricity staff in these new procedures
Sep 86 – Jan 94 Various Secretarial / PA roles (both temporary and permanent) – Harrogate
Extensive knowledge & teaching capability of
• Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
up to and including 2010 versions
• Specific to Network Rail – iTPS, CCMS2, SharePoint
• APM Certification
• MSP4NR Workshop
• Operational Planner Level 1
• DipHe in Mathematical Sciences (in final year)
• Microsoft Project 2007 & 2010
• Microsoft Access 2007
• Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 & 2010
Other Beneficial Skills
• Coaching / mentoring / training
• Microsoft Office trainer
• Technical author
• Proofreading / copyediting
• Data cleansing / quality assurance
• Embarking on final year of a Diploma in Higher Education in Mathematical Sciences with The Open University.
• Freelance work for various clients around the world (Belize, Australia, Canada, USA and Hong Kong) in relation to technical and/or creative writing, proofreading and editing
• Editor and webmaster for four websites – Make Tasty Wine, Digital Mined, Southwest Restorations and Simplicate Interactive
• Author of two books currently listed on Amazon in relation to Coeliacs Disease as well as co-author of two books in relation to the freelance industry
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$17|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$86|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$173|