I teach and mentor because I love the process and interactions with next generation leaders. To me, it is a real pleasure to teach, learn and exchange ideas,. As a tutor, my personal objectives are:
- Help you apply theory and experience to achieve faster and more effective learning.
- Help you enjoy the learning process and course experience.
- Encourage you and enable you to a higher level of personal performance.
I teach with textbooks, sure, but the real world of business is not just theory. I will challenge you based on the realities of working for decades inside companies, both big and small. I want them to experiment and grow and really stretch your skills and creativity. I will be your coach, so don't be surprised if I stop in the middle of an answer or discussion to do just that.
Currently a professional business consultant and business and marketing adjunct faculty for a major US university. Previously VP Marketing and Marketing Director for major corporations and nonprofit in Canada and the US. B. Sc. Marketing Management, MBA Management and Strategy.
48 hour cancellation notice required, otherwise 1-hour rate will be charged.
Direct MarCom / uStrategic 11/2008 - Present
Marketing Agency: Communications, direct and integrated marketing, advertising, social media, change management, and marketing and business plans for small to medium sized business clients.
• Provided strategic direct marketing launch plan for DART Solutions’ (Toronto) new application designed to streamline and track social services organizations’ client expenses.
• Developed direct marketing systems to drive increased retail foot traffic to CarMax car sales stores.
• Worked with DirecTV’s customer service vendor to considerably increase upsells and bundling of ancillary products on inbound calls.
• Created and consulted on cost-effective direct and integrated marketing campaign for Capital One Canada’s credit card offerings.
• Consulted with MedStar Georgetown Hospital (Washington DC) on its strategic service line marketing development, print and broadcast advertising, sales literature, direct mail and sales promotion materials, electronic communications; business-to-business as well as physician-to-physician referral development, communications and publications, and media relations.
• Developed comprehensive marketing program for Hispanic Marketing Group’s Atlanta music festival; increased revenue per visitor 12%. Increased corporate event sponsorship revenues 325% from the prior year. Acquired new mineable database for future events and sponsors’ offers.
Golden Key International Honour Society 10/2007 – 10/2008
VP Marketing, Member Services & Operations Atlanta GA
1.8-million-member global nonprofit operating on 4 continents at 330 of the world's premier universities including 18 across Canada. Organization’s prior years’ annual membership levels were spiraling downwards, while acquisition costs were increasing, in a very lean resource-challenged operation. Direction of all global marketing, member services, fulfillment and communications activity.
• Advised CEO how to transform the organization into a flexible, customer-centric, value driven and delivering operation.
• Replaced all underperforming marketing programs and materials with tried and true direct and integrated communications and marketing methods.
• Established historically accurate benchmarks for budgeting and campaign development.
• Launched new website with SEO/SEM-driven copy and prospect-specific landing pages.
• Integral part of senior corporate team integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM into marketing operations.
• Implemented multivariate testing methods to quickly determine cost-effective control marketing elements.
• Incorporated Google Analytics to better track inquiries, abandonment, sources.
• Redesigned all US / Canada MarCom and customer service programs that directly resulted in dramatically increased sales, better branding, higher excellence of member care, and 25% better cost effectiveness. Former CEO is a reference.
• Reduced marketing and production costs by 40% ($500,000) while vastly increasing communications quality. Scientifically tested programs and sourced vendors who were industry leaders. Instituted extensive and intensive response-tracking systems.
• Grew sales by 22% in one year at dramatically lowered costs, even under difficult worldwide economic conditions. An increase of over $1,200,000 year over year.
Comcast Corporation 04/2006 – 05/2007
Marketing Director Mobile AL
The US’ largest broadband provider. Management of all regional direct marketing, advertising and direct sales. Directly managed 4 marketing coordinators / analysts as well as direct sales teams.
• Retooled and re-energized the direct sales program with a much more comprehensive strategy and institution of innovative revenue-per-sale pay scale.
• More than doubled direct sales performance and increased multi-product sales by 25% in both the consumer and B2B segments.
• Exceeded budgeted gains across all managed product lines.
• Introduced and improved tracking and performance of marketing campaigns. Tested different direct marketing elements to determine best ROI.
SuddenLink Communications (Cequel III), Atlantic Division 11/2004 – 12/2005
Director of Marketing Louisville KY
Suburban and rural cable broadband provider. Controlled all marketing activity, budgeting and P&L for Atlantic Division encompassing 8 eastern and Midwestern states, stretching from Missouri to Maryland.
• Increased product penetration levels and customer loyalty.
• More than doubled product segment revenues in one year and maximized revenues.
• Saved 10% of region’s campaign budget and 20% of direct marketing costs while increasing sales.
• 200% increase in cost-effectiveness of direct mail campaigns by testing and introducing direct marketing industry standard methods to the marketing mix.
MarCom Resources Agency 07/2001 – 11/2004
Director, Marketing Communications Nashville TN
Marketing planning for small to mid-sized businesses. Consulted on current and future marketing practices, recommended critical paths, created, outsourced and managed marketing campaigns and projects.
MBA Management & Strategy – Western Governors University ((concealed information)
Bachelor of Science - Marketing Management – Western Governors University
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, marketing lessons for all!
Taking management and organization lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$190||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$380||$350|