I believe that private tutoring is best because teaching methods must vary based on the student. No single person will learn science and view it the same way. That is why I prefer one-on-one sessions during which I can help the student learn to become an independent student who will be curious and willing to learn more about science, rather than simply giving the answer key to an exam.
I am a student with experience as a private physics tutor in CEGEP who has maintained a high academic standard in a science program at McGill University. I had 90s in CEGEP science and math courses and have an A- average at McGill.
I charge 25$/hour for CEGEP or University-level courses and 20$/hour for High School-level courses.
• High school diploma obtained in 2015
• Enriched English program
Collège de Maisonneuve:
• Graduated with a diploma in pure and applied sciences in 2017
• 33 R score while in a “sports-études” program
• Highest level English courses
• Expected graduation in spring 2020
• Honours Measurement Chemistry program
• GPA of 3.66/4.0 (A-)
• Winner of a Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) for a summer research project (2018) (based on academic merit)
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Mechanics tutor for the physics department at Collège de Maisonneuve (2016-2017)
• Researcher for the Blum research group at McGill University conducting research on self-assembled nanostructures with novel optical properties (2018)
I am pleased to write a recommendation for my grandson, Morgan. We are a family of teachers: both of my parents were teachers, and my sister and I both have had long careers in education. I have taught high school in Ontario, and CEGEP and university in Quebec . I am currently teaching mathematics and statistics subjects at McGill Univerity. I have followed Morgan throughout his education, and can see that he is not only knowledgeable but is good at explaining to others. A good example arose when he and I were discussing one of his Calculus III assignments. I was pondering one of the questions when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Morgan had seen the solution before I had, and he explained to me how he had come to the answer . His explanation was clear and straightforward. Morgan will be good as a teacher both because he is capable and because he is personable. If he is accepted I will keep in touch and share teaching ideas with him. Yours truly, Kenneth MacKenzie
At a time during which I struggled greatly in science, his patience and encouragement were much appreciated.
His ability to break down complex topics and to keep you motivated during your study session make him a tutor I would definitely recommend.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|