I firmly believe that every student has a unique set of talents and it is the way of teaching that matters while bringing out these talents to show to the world. My teaching method includes picking up the subject from the deep foundations and building a strong platform on it. The method instills a deep confidence in the students' approach while tackling the problems and also develops a practical understanding of the subject in the real world.
I am a Mechanical Engineering Graduate from Delhi College of Engineering, India and currently pursuing my B.Tech degree in Technology Management from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT), Edmonton. I have done several research projects in the area of Computational Fluid Dynamics and I am an avid user of ANSYS and CATIA V5.
B.TECH IN TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT | DECEMBER 2020 | NORTHERN ALBERTA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NAIT), EDMONTON
B.TECH IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING | JUNE 2018 | DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, NEW DELHI
· CGPA of 8.51 out of 10.
· Subjects- Computational Fluid Dynamics (Scored above 90%), Thermal Engineering, Heat Transfer, Fluid Systems, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Theory of Machines, Mechanics of Solids, Machine Design, Mechatronics, Instrumentation and Control, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Quantitative and Numerical Techniques, Production and Operation Management, Quality Management System, Engineering Economics, Principle of Manufacturing System, Manufacturing Technology, Engineering Materials and Metallurgy, I.C. Engines, Power Plant Engineering and Non-Conventional Energy Sources.
SENIOR SCHOOL | JUNE 2014 | BOSCO PUBLIC SCHOOL, PASCHIM VIHAR, NEW DELHI · Completed with a percentage of 93.0. · Subjects- English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physical Education.
SECONDARY SCHOOL | JUNE 2012 | DASMESH PUBLIC SCHOOL, FARIDKOT, PUNJAB · Completed with a CGPA of 10.0 out of 10.
SUMMER RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP | DAIKIN AIRCONDITIONING INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED, RAJASTHAN, INDIA | JUNE-JULY, 2017
· Analyzed the effect of capillary tubes of various dimensions on Aircon’s performance
· Analyzed the effect of overcharging and undercharging of refrigerant on Aircon’s operation
· Noticed how a system balance was reached with the above variations while at the same time improving the energy efficiency of the product
· Observed the Standard Operating Procedures that were being followed in labs
· Assisted in the installation and troubleshooting tasks going on in laboratory
WINTER RESEARCH INTERNSHIP ON “PROFILE PARAMETERS AFFECTING THE PERFORMANCE OF A SAVONIUS ROTOR [VAWT]” UNDER PROFESSOR R.K. SINGH | DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY | DECEMBER-JANUARY, 2016-2017
· Studied the geometrical parameters governing the torque extraction ability of the rotor from a free flow. · Studied the literature available on modifications made in profile of a Savonius rotor and its effects.
· Experimented some of these parameters and observed the corresponding effects produced in a simulated environment.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT PROJECT “HYBRID SYSTEM BASED ON MATLAB AND SOLIDWORKS FOR
AUTOMATED MACHINE DESIGN”| DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY | JANUARY-MAY, 2018
· Developed a MATLAB application for automating the design procedure of some common machine elements such as flange coupling.
· Generated a 3-D printed protected flange coupling using the developed application.
PROJECT ON “STRENGTH ANALYSIS OF A MODIFIED SAVONIUS ROTOR” | DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY | AUGUST-DECEMBER, 2017
· Studied total deformation and equivalent stress developed in a modified Savonius hydrokinetic turbine rotor during its operation.
· Along with this, reaction forces and reaction moments were analyzed for appropriate support selection.
· The project was carried out using ANSYS Fluid Flow (FLUENT) and Static Structural by building an FSI model.
RESEARCH PROJECT ON “OPTIMISATION OF DESIGN PARAMETERS FOR A SAVONIUS ROTOR [VAWT]” | DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY | JANUARY-AUGUST, 2017
· Optimized the profile of a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine Rotor to enhance starting torque extraction from the flow.
· The simulations were carried out using FLUENT CFD Package.
· Result: A 26.87% increase in static torque generation was calculated with the modified rotor profile.
RESEARCH PROJECT ON “DRAG REDUCTION OF AN AIRCRAFT WING USING TRIANGULAR RIBLETS” | DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY | AUGUST-DECEMBER, 2016
· Carried out a study on the use of triangular riblets in wing design in order to delay boundary layer separation that aided in the reduction of drag on the aircraft wing.
· The design was inspired from shark skin which uses the same mechanism to reduce drag.
SEMINAR PRESENTATION ON “TURBULENCE MODELLING” | DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY | JANUARY-MAY, 2018
· Discussed the types of turbulence models used (1-equation, 2-equation).
· Explained the application area of each model.
· Discussed the basic structure of the equations involved and the terms in each equation.
Skills & Abilities
HONORS AND AWARDS
· National Talent Search Scholarship, NCERT (2010).
· Selected for presenting a model on “Use of Recombinant DNA Technology to develop Nitrogen Fixing Plants” at Northern India Science Fair, 2011.
· Class Representative for the year 2015-2016.
· Co-Headed the Design Team for the annual cultural fest (“Engifest”) in 2016.
· English (fluent), Hindi and Punjabi (native).
NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS-DTU) | 2015-2016
· Participated in the “National Food Day Event”, presented and discussed practical ideas on curbing food wastage.
· Designed logo and event posters for an inter-hostel sports event “Ranbhoomi-2016”.
· Sports- Swimming, Basketball and Lawn Tennis.
· Travelling to new places and talking to people.
· Reading books (usually self-help books related to spirituality).
· Listening to motivational talks.
An example of perfect tutor is dishant. Explains every concept clearly.
Dishant is an excellent learner and has great clarity and understanding of scientific and mathematical disciplines.
I know him since our days in college. He was always an alert student and it seemed as if he had a knack of grasping the crux of the subjects he studied.
He was always open to clearing doubts of his friends regarding the academic topics, in which he showed proficiency as a teacher and a communicator.
In one instance I had a doubt regarding a numerical related to thermodynamics, I asked him for some help and he was instantly forthcoming and explained with prompt enthusiasm and patiently cleared my doubt.
I have no hesitation in saying with conviction that he would be an excellent choice for teaching this subject.
He is a phenomenal teacher who has a very dynamic yet fluid approach towards the underlying complexities of the subject he covers. Weather it is physics, mathematics or the vivid kinetic connection between the two, he is very comprehensive in covering the topics and his attention to detail is immaculate.
I had a fair share of learning from him and I realized he has pristine accuracy towards doubt clearing and his equally adept awareness about his pupil’s pace with the knowledge he imparts is impressive.
Rarely one comes across someone like Dishant who not only is an able teacher but is equally a pleasant human being whose teaching is both inspiring and encouraging.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|