I believe that true understanding comes from repeated exposure and being taught the content in a way where the student feels comfortable and confident. I would work with the student to find out which method of learning works best for them, then continuously employ that method in order to enrich their understanding. This is done most effectively when paired with patience and trust, which I would be sure to integrate.
Hi there! My name is Felo and I am a 3rd year Medical Sciences student at Western University with an aptitude for Math and Science and a desire to help upcoming students learn and develop their skills. I have consistently done well in Math & Science courses in high school and achieved a Gr 12 average of 97%. I enjoy teaching others and helping them achieve their dreams and goals.
• Hands-on clinical experience in the delivery of quality health care for patients
• Scientific laboratory experiences include data analysis, experimental design, scientific writing, and DNA engineering
• Passionate learner for all areas of medicine, especially pathology, anatomy, physiology, immunology, and health care
• Skills include communication, teaching, self-learning, teamwork, problem solving, and leadership
Medical Office Assistant, Eglinton Medical Center July 2019 – August 2020
• Performed numerous tasks and responsibilities necessary for the functioning of the clinic and delivery of health care
• Tasks and responsibilities included taking patient height and weight, preparing vaccines and ensuring they are stored in correct conditions, cleaning wounds, and performing urine tests and pregnancy tests
• Assisted in front desk duties such as billing, scheduling, and relay of information to physicians
• Developed a sense of patient care and greater appreciation for the healthcare system
• Developed professional bedside manner for patient care
Co-Founder + Fundraising Organizer, Frontline Protectors May 2020 – Present
• Organizing fundraisers and spreading awareness through social media interaction
• Fundraisers raise money to support health care workers and provide personal protective equipment during COVID-19
• Successfully raised over $2000 to support Trillium Health Partners through COVID-19 with the Shields for the Frontline fundraiser which was in agreement with Trillium executives
Medical Terminology Team Leader, HOSA Canada September 2018 – June 2019
• Led a team of 5 Medical Terminology students to the 2019 Spring Leadership Conference
• Learned invaluable knowledge in the areas of anatomy, physiology, and other medical knowledge
• Provided group the study material and content needed to be learned, as well as access to external resources
• Prepared quizzes/knowledge assessments to ensure group stayed on task
• Motivated group to collaborate and promoted teamwork and communication to solve problems
Bachelor of Medical Sciences (BMSc), Western University September 2019 – April 2023
• Western Scholars
• Western Continuing Admission Scholarship ($10 000 continuing admission scholarship originally given for achieving a Grade 12 average of 95% or higher)
• 2020 Dean’s Honor List
High School Diploma, St. Aloysius Gonzaga Secondary School September 2015 – June 2019
• Graduated top of the class in Advanced Placement Program with 97% average
• Grade 12 Chemistry Award
• Grade 11 Philosophy Award
• Received Certificate of Distinction for Sir Isaac Newton Physics Exam administered by the University of Waterloo
Hobbies & Interests
• Athletics: Swimming, Soccer, Basketball, Cycling, Fitness Training
• Research, Analysis, Development
• Self-learning medical & scientific concepts
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$20|