I am quite flexible, I like to teach according to the interest of the student and their needs. Whether it is just prepping for an exam or trying to dive deeper into a subject for an assignment or just out of personal interest. I keep things quite concise and to the point and I love creating interactive lessons! In the past as a biotech TA, I created Jeopardy games which were quite popular and helpful for memorizing key concepts.
I have a BSc. in Biology, an MSc. in Biotechnology, and Ph.D. in Plant Science. All of my studies have been related to plants and food crops, from peppers and canola to tobacco and cannabis. I have industry experience in leading plant genomics R&D departments advancing the knowledge of new crops as well as teaching experience as a TA both for 3rd-year university students to 1st-year level biotech classes for 7-10 grade students at the Center for Talented Youth from Johns Hopkins University.
Cancellations are only accepted with 24 hr notice, after that, the full price will be charged.
Research Scientist - Plant Genomics
Canopy Growth | 2018 - 2020
• Designed, maintained, and assisted troubleshooting of in-house research experiments relating to plant molecular biology, genetics, breeding, in-vitro culture, physiology, pathology
• Guided team to develop in house testing methods for quality traits that reduced cost by 90% both in FTE time and lab supplies
• Drafted and submitted research proposals, equipment/material/workforce requirements, and timely progress reports to the R&D Director
• Led collaborative research projects conducted with academic and industry partners
• Coordinated test trials and information sessions with stakeholders
• Ensured compliance with corporate Standard Operating Procedures and the Cannabis Act
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
University of Manitoba | 2018 - 2018
Continued research in the molecular department’s Brassica breeding program
Developed high throughput DNA markers for quality traits
Managed greenhouse operations including seed production, crosses, pest management
University of Manitoba | 2014 - 2015
Taught and demonstrated several Plant Biotechnology techniques in the lab as part of an undergraduate 4th-year course.
Center For Talented Youth (Johns Hopkins University) | 2010
Biotechnology lab teaching assistant for the 3-week intensive summer program.
Taught a first-year university level biotech lab to a group of 20 young (7 -10 grade) students.
Ph.D., Plant Breeding and Genetics
University of Manitoba | 2013 - 2018
Graduate Student Representative in Faculty Committee 2016-2017
Graduate Student Council, Vice-President 2014-2015
Tec de Monterrey | 2010 - 2011
Universidad de las Americas Puebla | 2004 - 2009
Electoral Committee President, CEUDLAP
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, molecular biology lessons for all!
Taking botany lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|