You only learn when you produce sentences in a real-life context. I start with an evaluation and a needs analysis, and create customized classes for you to reach your goals as quickly as possible. I focus on sentence structure, correct grammar, advanced vocabulary and good fluency and pronunciation. If you are preparting for IELTS, the classes will focus more on the speaking and writing parts, and some tips will be given for your listening and reading skills to practice with in your own time. I give you homework every session, including writings that we will go over and diagnose.
Throughout my 14 years of ESL teaching, I have helped thousands of students learn and improve in English and achieve success in their work or studies. I have an MBA degree from Concordia University and a bachelor's degree in English Literature. I was certified for Teaching English to Students of Other Languages in 2005 by Trinity College of London. I specialize in exam preparation for IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, SAT, and CELPIP.
Alan Movahedin, MBA
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
● TESOL certified ESL teacher with 12 years of teaching experience in IELTS, TOEFL, General English, English for High School Students, SAT, CELPIP, GMAT and Business English
● 3 years experience working with Chinese adult and teen students
● MBA graduate from Concordia University with a GMAT score of 610
● Bilingual with polished presentation and communication skills
Master’s in Business Administration (MBA)
Concordia University, Montreal
Bachelor of English Language & Literature
TESOL Certificate (Teaching English to Students of Other Languages) 2005 Trinity College, London
Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec
English Testing Canada (ETC), Toronto and ILSC, Montreal
YMCA, Montreal, Canada
Online General & Business English Teacher
Manpower Group WowTalk, China
ESL & IELTS Tutor
● Worked with adult students using interactive teaching methods
● Worked with high school students on school courses, i.e. English language and literature
● Helped adult students prepare for General and Academic IELTS exams & TOEFL exam
● Helped adult students prepare for CELPIP & SAT exams and successfully obtain passing grades on all skills
Certified ESL and Business English Teacher 2004 – 2008 (Full-time) New Communications institute (NC) and Kish Institute, Tehran
● Conducted placement tests and evaluated students’ performances
● Instructed students through interactive communicative methods
I took IELTS courses with Alan. He works on different questions and tasks in detail. He knows so much about IELTS because of his job. The classes raised my band score in a remarkable way and I went from a band score of 6 to 7.5!!!
Alan's classes are efficient and fun. He presents different topics for discussion and then tells me where I make mistakes. I'm glad I chose him as my teacher.
I have taken classes with Mr Alan for several months and my English has improved SO MUCH. As a newcomer to Canada, I had so many problems in school in my English course. Mr Alan helped me in language learning and also with literary analysis. He is so knowledgable. He also helped me give better presentations in class. Thank you Mr Alan.
Alan helped me get score of 7.5 in ielts test and I am so thankful to him. I was lucky to have him as my teacher. He is extremely patient and a true professional. I always tell him he should make youtube videos so more people can learn from him for their english and language tests. I recommend him 100%.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest writing expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$21|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$105|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$210|