My methodology is to create an atmosphere where students feel safe/comfortable to make mistakes and ask questions. I interact with students to guide students to deduce the correct steps in problem solving. Practical examples are used when possible.
I am a recent graduate from the University of Toronto with a MSc. in Forensic Anthropology. I have a strong background in research and statistics. I have four years of teaching assistant experience ranging from labs, tutorials and marking assignments.
Minimum 24 hr cancellation notice, otherwise 50% fee.
M.Sc. Forensic Anthropology - University of Toronto, Mississauga ON 2020
Differentiating Human Skeletal Remains through X-ray Fluorescence
Bachelor of Arts, Honours Anthropology & Minor in Geography and Earth Sciences
McMaster University, Hamilton ON 2016
Dean’s Honour List
Academic Awards & Achievements
• Earned over 20 scholarships and awards throughout undergraduate and graduate studies
• Co-authored 6 peer reviewed publications; authored and co-authored more than a dozen conference presentations and posters
• Natural Resources Canada: X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Operator Level 1 Certification 2018
• First Aid and CPR Certification - RED CROSS, Canadian Red Cross. 2017
• Quant’X EDXRF Operations Training Course – Unity Lab Services, FL 2015
• Geographers without Borders – Certificate of Mini Interdisciplinary Planning 2014
• Radiation Safety Training Course 2013
Teaching Assistant, University of Toronto Mississauga 2016-2020
• Fulfilled 13 TA’ships in Anthropology and Forensics courses. Responsible for running labs, tutorials, some field work and grading assignments and exams.
CPO (Chief Presiding Officer), University of Toronto, Mississauga 2017 – 2020
• Administered Final Examinations in strict accordance with UTM procedures and regulations.
• Responsible for dealing with emergency situations and maintaining the confidentiality of examination materials.
Accessibility Services Invigilator, University of Toronto, Mississauga 2018 – 2020
• Administered tests and final exams for students registered with Accessibility Services.
• Trained to handle sensitive situations with students such as panic attacks, seizures etc.
Research Assistant, McMaster Archaeological XRF - MAX Lab, Hamilton 2013 – 2017
Operated EDXRF Quant’X machine (X-ray fluorescence spectrometer) to acquire elemental characterization data of archaeological lithic artifacts; performed numerous sourcing studies.
• Initiated and developed new protocols and methods for analysis of materials not previously analyzed by the lab - dentin, bone and steel, to broaden the lab’s capabilities.
Research Assistant / Field Worker, Stélida Naxos Archaeological Project (SNAP), Naxos, Greece
2013 – 2017
• Experienced in surveying, excavation and documentation of trenches, managing a total station, and extracting OSL samples (optically stimulated luminescence) for absolute dating of the site.
• Trained and instructed team members in survey protocols to ensure cohesiveness and reliability of data collected.
Geography Intern, Geosphere Infomatic Services, Campbellville, ON 2015
• Provided clients with a sound basis for geographic planning and environmental decision-making by gathering, managing and analyzing spatial data in an ESRI ArcGIS environment.
• Excellent organization skills
• Detail oriented
• Excel independently and in group work
• Strong written and oral communication
• Accessibility training
• Cashier experience
• Strength in research
• Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficient in ArcGIS
• SPSS and PAST statistical software
References Available Upon Request
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$25||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$25||$300|